Search

New to elec 1/10 on Road

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New to elec 1/10 on Road

Hi

What would you recommend to a newbie to the 1/10th scale on road tourer class?

From budget to mid range would be good.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 08-13-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

It seems budget touring cars no longer exist .. probably best to sniff out a decent used top end car. There are quite e few around ... depending on what you intend to race ... pro4 would be cheap and lots around .. good for stock racing.
Maybe an xray t2 or mi2 for pro stock.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Well if your track has a spec beginners class i would recommend a Tamiya TT-01. If not, I would buy a Tamiya TA-05 and run in TC class for 4 reasons.
1) Cheap
2) Durable
3) Easy to setup
4) Great car for beginers
Old 08-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Used route can be a good route and is nice because they often come with extra parts. You can probably get a top end tourer with parts for about the same price as some more budget friendly new cars. But unless its local you need to be careful... buyer beware.

However if you want to go new there are some budget cars which work very well. Examples Tamiya TA05 (R), Hot Bodies Cyclone S, and Kyosho TF-5 RTR. All work quite well but I think the Tamiya probably has the best rep and following of the 3. I haven't tried the Kyosho but have heard decent things about it. I've had the Cyclone S and TA05 (R version) and had better luck getting a setup I liked on the Cyclone. But the Cyclone is also a little more fragile.

Probably most importantly though is parts support. Make sure you can get parts! Check with locals on what they are running. Its very helpful to have someone close by that is familiar with what you are getting.

Good Luck
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm an associated guy and of course i'm gonna talk up assciated stuff....however, there are alot of people that would agree with me on this one. The TC5 would be an excellent choice. You get pretty close to XRay performance for almost $150 less, and the parts are alot cheaper to buy. I'm a beginner myself and i've run a few cars and i'm happiest with the TC5. Even some of the fast and experienced guys at our track run it as well. Ask Scotty Ernst, he'll tell you it's one of the best touring cars he's ever driven.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AssocRacer
I'm an associated guy and of course i'm gonna talk up assciated stuff....however, there are alot of people that would agree with me on this one. The TC5 would be an excellent choice. You get pretty close to XRay performance for almost $150 less, and the parts are alot cheaper to buy. I'm a beginner myself and i've run a few cars and i'm happiest with the TC5. Even some of the fast and experienced guys at our track run it as well. Ask Scotty Ernst, he'll tell you it's one of the best touring cars he's ever driven.
I second that. Parts are also vary accessible.

Last edited by Foxxrocket; 09-07-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Yep, TC5. I got one here on this board for $150 rolling chassis. Don't go for the TT01 unless u find a used one. I can sell u some electronics to get u started. Please PM me. I got some brushed and bl motors for sale.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Cyclone s
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

If you are on a budget you might want to also consider the new GT pan class. I just picked up the CRC Gen X 10 it is bad ass.

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7718975