R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
GyroBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Default What are TT01 Pros and Cons

what are tt01 pros and cons, i have a tt01 and i want to know the pros and cons of the chassis
GyroBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroBoost View Post
what are tt01 pros and cons, i have a tt01 and i want to know the pros and cons of the chassis
It depends on what you want to do with it. In a big nutshell, if you want to race, by the time you add up what you have to spend on it (shocks, ball diffs, bearings, etc.) you're better off just buying a more racing-oriented car. TT01 is a fun car though, great for street bashing, very durable, and has the potential to be a sport-level racer if you want to spend the money on it.
__________________
Pete Waydo
2010 Big Fat Turkey Race Mini Cooper AAA Main Champion
*** currently in stasis ***
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,989
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

I think the hype with the TT-01 is in Japan. They run a spec class with TT-01s , any hop-ups with a tamiya spec 24 turn motor. The biggest problem with the car is gearing, it has fixed motor mount . There is not a endless or close spaced gear range.
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
GyroBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 15
Default

i dont get the difference between the three tt01 chassis. TT01, TT01R, TT01D, and TT01 E. Could anyone tell me each one's pros and cons
GyroBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
ckoetsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: portland oregon
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

who makes the best touring car?
__________________
Sick Graphics - KYOSHO RB6.6 - "If you ain't first you're last" R. Bobby
NW Hobbies of Albany and Dave's RC Tracks of Hubbard.
ckoetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroBoost View Post
i dont get the difference between the three tt01 chassis. TT01, TT01R, TT01D, and TT01 E. Could anyone tell me each one's pros and cons
A regular TT-01 is a basic car with no hop-up on it.
The TT-01R (the one i own) is made for racing with many hop-ups already in the kit.(the upper adjustable A-arms are a joke though, i went back to regular ones.)
TT-01D is made for drifting.
The is is a mix between an R and regular chassis. It has a top deck on it, and comes with reinforced A arms, and uprights.
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

,
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com

Last edited by #88driver; 08-12-2008 at 08:55 PM.
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
A regular TT-01 is a basic car with no hop-up on it.
The TT-01R (the one i own) is made for racing with many hop-ups already in the kit.(the upper adjustable A-arms are a joke though, i went back to regular ones.)
TT-01D is made for drifting.
The is is a mix between an R and regular chassis. It has a top deck on it, and comes with reinforced A arms, and uprights.
The R and D has full ball bearings too.
The E has a enhanced steering system similar to the TA05. It also has suspension top mounts that are separate from the gear boxes.
The R comes with the GT tune motor, the E with silver can, and the D with Sport tuned.
The R and D has adjustable upper arms and turnbuckles.
All 3 have oil dampers that are absent in the plain version.
stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker View Post
The R and D has full ball bearings too.
The E has a enhanced steering system similar to the TA05. It also has suspension top mounts that are separate from the gear boxes.
The R comes with the GT tune motor, the E with silver can, and the D with Sport tuned.
The R and D has adjustable upper arms and turnbuckles.
All 3 have oil dampers that are absent in the plain version.
yeah what he said.
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocker View Post
The R and D has full ball bearings too.
The E has a enhanced steering system similar to the TA05. It also has suspension top mounts that are separate from the gear boxes.
The R comes with the GT tune motor, the E with silver can, and the D with Sport tuned.
The R and D has adjustable upper arms and turnbuckles.
All 3 have oil dampers that are absent in the plain version.
yeah what he said.
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pros/Cons on AE 18R Huffpie Micro and Mini Scales 5 12-07-2008 07:11 PM
pros and cons MMS2 Rookie Zone 13 11-11-2007 04:30 AM
Pros and Cons! Bobby J Electric On-Road 6 01-06-2005 07:15 AM
pros and cons of XXX-S & TC3 jiggamacdaddy Electric On-Road 15 04-30-2003 10:09 AM
pros and cons on the v-one rr fuse01 Singapore R/C Racers 16 04-05-2002 01:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net