R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs 3200 mAh 20C hard case lipo

NEW PRODUCT - Diggity Designs 3200 mAh LiPO Racing Battery Pack 7.4V 20C - 40C burst 2S1P. These packs have a humped undertray wich allows you to mount them securely into any slotted carbon chassis. Packs come with traditional Tamiya plug, balancing port and 4mm gold connectors.

Cycled on a Competition Electronics Turbo GFX with a 30amp discharge the #'s were:
* Run Time - 395 sec
* Internal resistance - 14.5 ohms
* Average discharge voltage - 7.16
* Capacity - 3266 mAh

These packs come with a grey metallic Hard Case and are being sent into ROAR for approval as we speak. Priced to sell! Visit the site: http://www.diggitydesigns.com

Last edited by Diggity; 08-13-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Tech Master

Looks like rebadged yeah racing lipo
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

...And yeah racing looks like a rebadged core pack . If these packs are indeed from the same supplier as core/yeah racing, they work great! I have 2 Yeah racing ones, and have even used them in my power hungry, brushless E-revo. Good punch, good runtime.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Looks like the same. But they cost 60$ and the Yeah Racing only 35$.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
Looks like the same. But they cost 60$ and the Yeah Racing only 35$.
LOL
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #6
Tech Addict

60$ is too much.If the price was lower it could be a good choise.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Most are correct that the Yeah racing pack is similar, but I am told that the internals are slightly different. We have seen that the prices for the Yeah Racing packs are around $35-40 but you also have to pay for international shipping of $15-20 and the product support from overseas will be hard to deal with. We will totally stand behind our products and give you any support needed. We will be dropping the price to $45.00 wich would be about identical to buying one from overseas and you can trust the mailing system a little more here in the states These packs really have proven themselves during testing, try one out you will be surprised at how punchy they are..

thanks, Damon
TeamDiggityDesigns
Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Damon
Nice to see you're listening to our voices.45$ sounds a very logic price and i think i'll give a try as many others.Thanks
Old 08-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damon, When they do become ROAR approved, at $45 a pop, be ready for some serious internet sales! The only other battery in its price range will be the orion 2400 lipo, I'd rather have the 3200!
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
Damon
Nice to see you're listening to our voices.45$ sounds a very logic price and i think i'll give a try as many others.Thanks
My ears are always open for comments Your welcome to try them out and then let everyone know how good they are for the price! Thanks again...

Damon
Old 08-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
Damon, When they do become ROAR approved, at $45 a pop, be ready for some serious internet sales! The only other battery in its price range will be the orion 2400 lipo, I'd rather have the 3200!
Yeah, Ide rather have a 3200 than a 2400 .. My source told me that they are taking care of the ROAR approval and that it was already sent in. I will ask them tonight and see what they say.. Im thinking $45 is a really practical price for some good quality batteries. We have tested a couple out here and they really produce allot of punch!

thanks, Damon
Old 08-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

do you think that you would appeal to racers more (as i assume digity designs does) if you simply cut off the tamiya connecters and heatshrinked the exposed ends?

i dont know if its just me, but the terms "more punch" and "tamiya connecters" should not be in the same paragraph.

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
do you think that you would appeal to racers more (as i assume digity designs does) if you simply cut off the tamiya connecters and heatshrinked the exposed ends?

i dont know if its just me, but the terms "more punch" and "tamiya connecters" should not be in the same paragraph.
Thats really cool response

@Diggity
Good move $45 is fair Price well done
Old 08-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
LOL, you are totally correct.. The tamiya connector is standard on the pack but we include 4mm gold plated female connectors with ours, which is the common connector used among racers!

Damon
Old 08-10-2008, 01:01 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokemad View Post
@Diggity
Good move $45 is fair Price well done
Thanks Yokemad!! trying to please the customers..