R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

i have 2 GTX speedys and havent had one bit of trouble since i started racing
i broke the switch on the speedy can i get a replacment anywere in australia?
or do i have to go to Novak
Old 08-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

yep love my GTXs transformed my mini today and have 1 in my tourer. Bout to go to a brushless setup and will probably throwing a GTB in my new car.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:41 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Novak Customer Service has always been good to me, and I have been running the procust for 18 years.

However I do wish they would come out with a new smaller GTB.
Sponsored by Serpent / SRX2 MM, RM, SC / Serpent SRX4
MoFo paints
energyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by energyracing View Post

However I do wish they would come out with a new smaller GTB.

I totally agree. We're clearly into the "next generation" of BL speedos. I'd like to see them step up and get back on top of the game. I still run a GTB in my VTA car, but have wandered to a couple black cased speedos in some other stuff. The new stuff has some neat options that are easy to use.

I still use a trusty Millenium Pro for several applications. I emailed them one time about bringing it back with a lipo update and bullet connections at the case. Never heard anything back, and obviously it's been ages since they've released a charger. I'd buy at least two.

I love Novak products and have had some great experience with their customer service. Being an onroad racer, I could care less about the 1/8 electric conversion stuff and the data logger thing. In keeping with the current trends they've become a little watered down. Hopefully, soon they'll be caught up with the other stuff and get back to releasing current electronics. I know myself, and many others, have credit cards ready to pull the trigger on new Novak speedos and chargers.

Ben

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Went to Novak electronics yesterday and business as usual. Ruth, the gal behind the counter was quick and polite. I was in and out within 10 minutes. That is great customer service. Thanks again to Novak's staff for professionalism on knowing how to treat customers with respect.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
i have 2 GTX speedys and havent had one bit of trouble since i started racing
i broke the switch on the speedy can i get a replacment anywere in australia?
or do i have to go to Novak
The Novak part number is 5305 and you will find it various places on the internet if your LHS does not carry it.
MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I also have had Novak products going back to the 410 days.
I've blown up my fair share of speedo's and the support I get from Novak has always been the best. Having managed customer service projects for one of the worlds largest banks I'm impressed.
I think the IIC was a great example, they were constantly setting thier cars aside to help racers from the amateurs to the pros. They was able to help people without making them feel dumb for needing it. I also felt they actually listened to my ideas on how products could be better. I didn't see this availability from other manufacturers, providing customer services on site and warrantying products on site means a lot when your at a race and just need stuff to work.
Syxxstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Been using Novak products since 96". From the Cyclone esc to the GTB esc
and GTB Spread Spectrum esc with two 4.5R motors with no issues whatsoever! My questions were always answered everytime I call Novak
customer service for the last 12 years. That says it all for a great Company.
Novak is always a step ahead of everybody. Thanks for all the great
products over the years. Novak for life here!
act2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trdsupra88
Default ...

I just put my gtb into my b44 from my t4 and switching the profiles was easy, it is nice for a shlub like me to be able to do this easily...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #25
Tech Master

I'm not a big orange fan but I find it annoying how some people would start threads on here to complain about this and that. This is a place where you come to find or provide help, not to bash a company. I've blown my share of speedos but never have I said it on here, instead i've had it dealt with between the manufacturer and I.

Some have better CS than others and for sure I know that for us in europe it's better to send a unit direct to novak in the US than through the distributor as the CS in the US is great.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have to say, I am pretty happy with novak. I don't run any of their speed controller, but have a couple of their brushless motors.

but the real reason is that Charlie said "Hi" to me at the IIC. and I got a pit towel and t-shirt from him. so maybe i have been paid off so say good things about Novak. But hey, they are good guys.

(this was a paid adverstisement.lol)

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
Tech Master

This is a great thread need to see more of these...I would like to add that you do not get any better then the support that you get from Novak the company is built around that you got a problem they have the fix that simple...I've been running it since i started racing and it is Novak or nothing..and for people to say that its not fast I ran the speedo in 13.5 foam at the IIC and TQ 'ed the class fast lap and all because driver mistake I got second lol...but anyways the stuff is good and the people even better....Thanks for the support....Later Drew
Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know if Charlie is in the office this week? Sent him an e-mail Sunday night and haven't heard back. Just had a question about a speedo that went bad.

Thanks,
Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've melted my share of ESCs. Im a loyal Novak user. I've sent a few products in for support. Paid for refurb products (receiver) and rather than wait for a refurb, I was sent NIB receivers. Now THAT is cool.

Charlie has always answered my questions. I have some older ESCs that are still working well. My Novak Atom, C2, and mult. XXL Rec. are all working in my racer vehicles.

I love ORANGE Power!

MOmo
"Im not a racer, but I play one on the Internet"
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:19 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Took another lap to Novak yesterday and have nothing but good things to say about Novak's customer service.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote