Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tire sauces being banned in indoor tracks? >

Tire sauces being banned in indoor tracks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tire sauces being banned in indoor tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SOme one made an additive that made Nitro fuel smell like cotton candy or something like that... Could that be used on Paragon?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:45 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

oh god no, that root beer and grape shite was the worst!!! especially when u had every1 out there w/all diff 'flavors'. it was a cluster to the senses. barf!!!

dick, u said the 'n' word lol

R
Old 08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The odorless compounds seem to be the latest fad for both club races and big races. For some reason a lot of people get on the whole health kick about Paragon but they say nothing about the "odorless" compounds. We have no clue what exactly is in any of these compounds so they're all questionable (they soften rubber for Christ sake).

All it's going to take is one "Little Johny" drinking up a bunch of Jack or Niftech and you'll see a big change in the labels. How the heck is a hospital supposed to treat a kid for drinking "Jack the slipper" when they have no clue what's in it? Same for all of the compounds. Funny thing is, all the major sanctioning bodies around the world turn a blind eye to the chemicals we use.

I know just as many people that get headaches from the "odorless" compounds as people that get headaches from Paragon. Add all the tire smoke from the tire truers at a carpet race and you've got a nice cocktail of not good.

Oh, and Traction Action is the "odorless" Paragon by the way. It's actually not that bad.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
oh god no, that root beer and grape shite was the worst!!! especially when u had every1 out there w/all diff 'flavors'. it was a cluster to the senses. barf!!!

dick, u said the 'n' word lol

R
I still don't get it......
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

nitro
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
nitro
Ohh..... Too much Paragon.....
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Niftech has bunch of Acetone in it, and evaporates quickly, so you get plenty in your lungs while you sit over your car. Jack the gripper makes a lot of people's hands feel like they are locking up, or it makes your skin feel tingly- not good.
Paragon is smelly and gives some people headaches, but I'll take it over the other two choices.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Plus the cap on Jack is not that great. I have to keep mine in a plastic bag, and it still leaks out over my tools.

These chemicals to some parents can be a point that might hold them back from allowing their kids to race. Has there been any companies that have thought of using citrus, grain, or other biodegradable ingredients to address this?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
our local indoor track does'nt allow paragon, SIR seattle washington
Hmm? I think they even sell it there, now, since going indoor asphalt.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Plus the cap on Jack is not that great. I have to keep mine in a plastic bag, and it still leaks out over my tools.
Most of the time this happens is when you warp the cap using pliers to remove it, or over tightening it and crushing the gasket in the cap... Not saying this is the case, but it might lead to it.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Been happening for a while for a number of reasons, first the smell, second the complaints, and finally because of all the black streaks left on the carpet. I've even raced at a place in which traction compound was outlawed entirely. You "could" clean them with GoJo, but that was it.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wait, isn't the black streaks the groove? Or are you referring to something else?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Wait, isn't the black streaks the groove? Or are you referring to something else?

any "burnouts" to wipe away excess sauce, usually from when somebody sets there car down w/o wiping the tires and then gunning it for a lap to get it off.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

Some indoor tracks in the UK ban certain tyre types, (mini pins in particular as it has been known to damage the carpet) but most indoor tracks allow additive, just not wintergreen based ones because of the smell (and possible health risk?)
Old 08-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
PARAGON FOR LIFE
I couldn't agree more Nashracer, I also only use Paragon Traction Action which is also odorless and after more than 4 years no headaches, rashes, lung condition, fits etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.