R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
nib
Tech Apprentice

Default I think NOVAK forgot me

I've used Novak for years without problem but a few weeks ago my brand new gtb/10.5 brushless went poof.I had the store where i bought the gear send it back,but have heard nothing from novak.I'm really suprised as i consider them the best in the biz.So now i'm gonna start missing races which sucks as ive been really strong in all the classes i race and just got my tc5 sorted out does anyone know how long novak takes to deal with warrenty issues?
nib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nib View Post
I've used Novak for years without problem but a few weeks ago my brand new gtb/10.5 brushless went poof.I had the store where i bought the gear send it back,but have heard nothing from novak.I'm really suprised as i consider them the best in the biz.So now i'm gonna start missing races which sucks as ive been really strong in all the classes i race and just got my tc5 sorted out does anyone know how long novak takes to deal with warrenty issues?
Well your first mistake was not sending it in yourself. Now you really dont know if they sent it in right away or it laid on a shelf for a week. And you have to get the shop to call to see if it arrived and when it will be sent back.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Yeah, he's right. Form is easy to do and you give them all your info on it so they can keep u updated. I would call Novak or email them. I always got fast service.

Form.

http://www.teamnovak.com/cs/cs_forms..._v19_11508.pdf
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #4
nib
Tech Apprentice

ive known the shop owner for 15+ years and watched him box it up
Old 08-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

But why talk to us. Call Novak in the morning.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

WTF

This is the 3rd or 4th post in the last month that someone wants to publicly bash Novak. Additionally, each time these posts are created from accounts that have fewer than 20-posts total.

Regardless of the reasoning and facts, in this case you screwed up by checking with Novak first before posting this, and you posted nothing about you attempt to contact them yourself. Here you are publicly bashing Novak and blaming them for your ignorance. Just because you saw the LHS employee box it up, DOES NOT mean that it got shipped out that day. Are you now going to tell us you watched the box be picked up by the delivery guy?

Come on now, grow a set and contact Novak yourself for a status BEFORE you decide to post again.

BTW - Novak does not take long to process warranties, usually around 2-3 weeks including shipping to and from.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
WTF

This is the 3rd or 4th post in the last month that someone wants to publicly bash Novak. Additionally, each time these posts are created from accounts that have fewer than 20-posts total.

Regardless of the reasoning and facts, in this case you screwed up by checking with Novak first before posting this, and you posted nothing about you attempt to contact them yourself. Here you are publicly bashing Novak and blaming them for your ignorance. Just because you saw the LHS employee box it up, DOES NOT mean that it got shipped out that day. Are you now going to tell us you watched the box be picked up by the delivery guy?

Come on now, grow a set and contact Novak yourself for a status BEFORE you decide to post again.

BTW - Novak does not take long to process warranties, usually around 2-3 weeks including shipping to and from.
Agreed. Maybe I'm just the weird one here, but if a manufacturer fails to live up to their end of the deal, I can assure you the first thing I do will NOT be to go on rctech and try and defame them. This is getting to be VERY trendy here on rctech, the moment someone feels somethings not going their way with a company, whats the obvious thing to do? Go on rctech and BLAST them of course.

And I'm not even saying that its never appropriate to come on here and call a company out. I can think of one in particular that got put on blast through rctech and it actually got that company back on the right track again. But dude, this is Novak. Use your brain. Make public defamation your last resort.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

title of thread should be,,

"I THINK MY FRIEND THAT I'VE KNOWN FOR 15 YEARS AND OWNS A HOBBY SHOP FORGOT ME."
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i am pissed at novak as well. I don't have one of their speedo and don't have anything in their service department, But Charlie never says hi to me at any of the big races. I bet he even walks right by me at vegas and does not even acknowledge me. it is beside the point that I have never introduced myself to him.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nib View Post
The average shop days for a service transaction is 3 to 5. In some busy times, it may take up to seven days. If you want information about this transaction call, or email, [email protected]. Here is all of our CS information:

Novak Customer Service Information

Have all your information available---Hobby Dealer, contact name, etc. If you have any difficulties contacting CS, PM me here and I can help.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #11
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
i am pissed at novak as well. I don't have one of their speedo and don't have anything in their service department, But Charlie never says hi to me at any of the big races. I bet he even walks right by me at vegas and does not even acknowledge me. it is beside the point that I have never introduced myself to him.

If you PM me your name and a recent photo, I will make sure Charlie never ignores you again.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
If you PM me your name and a recent photo, I will make sure Charlie never ignores you again.
i could do that, but then what would I be able to flame novak about. lol

Yang Lai. I have no pics at the moment thanks to cannon. so I am flaming them as well. just got to figure out what thread that flame belongs in.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
nib
Tech Apprentice

someone FAILED to read anything i wrote.Like i said at first novak is the BEST in the biz i have always run novak and always will my stock sedan is novak gtb/17.5 bl,my mod sedan is gtb/10.5 bl,my stadium truck is gtb/13.5 bl,and my play sedan is novak/1330kvbl,even my gold tub rc10 still runs a 410mc(thats novak for you youngsters)i wouldnt run anything but novak gear,so how by asking about turnaround time am i bashing anyone?If i post a question about tc5 setup am i now ae bashing?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #14
nib
Tech Apprentice

Novak Two, thank you for reading then responding to my question.Thats all i was asking. novak still rules
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Nice of your local retailer to do that for you ... but now you've got a third party involved. That's more time wasted there.

So why not call the retailer, and have them call Novak, rather than asking on a public forum? I am not understanding of this. I see more and more posts from people asking things like "What is Brand X's warranty?" instead of just calling the company and asking them first hand.

When I had a ESC fail from Novak the first thing I did was call Novak and ask some questions to see if it was under warranty. Next day I packed up my ESC and shipped it to them, 5 business days later I called again to inquire on it's status and about 4 days later I had my ESC repaired and back on the track. 6-8 weeks is not an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a repair and in my experience they have been much faster.
Wes Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote