Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
GOAT 1/12 scale driver! > GOAT 1/12 scale driver!

GOAT 1/12 scale driver!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
I don't think anyone with an ifmar worlds title would trade it for a winterchamps title..... I know that carpet is the trend and thats is why ifmar is starting to move the venue to carpet just like the last worlds... Manufacturers always list the total titles they have won and I don't think it's just a coincedense that they only list ifmar titles....
They also list ROAR national titles. The cars that currently dominate the carpet racing scene haven't won any world titles, but they still sell, based on race results of other big races I imagine. For marketing hype, "World Champion" or "National Champion" is a big deal, but if you're a long time member of the 12th racing community in this country, and you've followed 12th over the last couple of decades as I have, The 12th competition at the Champs is generally as strong as it is at the Worlds, minus ONE guy. Masami has never come to the Champs. I distinctly remember one year at the Champs that the A-main was all Worlds finalists except for one person, and that's probably only because Masami wasn't there. Run 12th on carpet, on tighter tracks than the freeways we've seen in years past, and it'll regain some luster in my eyes, and in the eyes of some others. Last year was a great start.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

honestly i think we can only say that masami is the greatest of all time but (i dont want hear any sh#t) i feel that as rc gets more advanced we are eventually going to have another rc driver in the future that is going to be better then masami.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob View Post
honestly i think we can only say that masami is the greatest of all time but (i dont want hear any sh#t) i feel that as rc gets more advanced we are eventually going to have another rc driver in the future that is going to be better then masami.
Well, as far as one single class goes we already do. No one can match Collari's eight titles in one class.