R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You could always do random techs during quals, if someone is a lot faster etc...

Our club techs 1st-3rd of the main.
TwoTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

During our spring points series touring cars were weighed before and after the mains. I don't think there was ever a single complaint.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
yes but you have to disassemble the motor to tech it this method. That's not good for club racing.

My personal favorite is make it a claiming race. Anyone can buy the winner's motor for the price of a new motor. Winner MUST sell if asked to.
Bah, price of a motor plus a fee. Just cuz I get a good motor, or in the case of brushed motors can tune my motor, I shouldn't have to give it up for retail price.

Paul
Old 08-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Just got a call from Lance Armstrong. He says random testing sucks! JK. We check ride height and weight. We know who the fast guys are and who the slow guys are. When the slow guys beat me, someone will raise an eyebrow. Then we'll laugh, point fingers and continue having a great time. We're out there to have fun. If you're cheating and still losing, you just look like a bigger fool.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:36 PM   #20
Tech Regular

i do almost no racing but i think teching the fast guys would be the best way to go and maybe only if other racers ask them to be teched. if no one complains/requests or if the cheater is losing then its just a waste of time.
benben10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is easy to do weight and body/wing height (go no go guage)

You will always have some clown that believes he will be faster if he is allowed to buy the winners motor. Why penalize someone because he can drive/tune motors&chassis. Make someone pay the person a fee to have their motor torn down and inspected. If somebody feels strongly enough that someone is cheating they will pay the fee. If not shut up and learn how to drive better or tune a motor.

8ight B 2.0 brushless
tekin rx8 1550kv
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
It is easy to do weight and body/wing height (go no go guage)

You will always have some clown that believes he will be faster if he is allowed to buy the winners motor. Why penalize someone because he can drive/tune motors&chassis. Make someone pay the person a fee to have their motor torn down and inspected. If somebody feels strongly enough that someone is cheating they will pay the fee. If not shut up and learn how to drive better or tune a motor.
All this is a ROAR rule. Not nothing new. We used to have a box setup to legal widths and heights according to rules. Then weighed the car. If the car didnt fit or was under weight, they got docked a lap off the fastest qual. Bout all we did to keep the peace. :P
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
You don't want the racers that would never cheat to stop coming because they think they are losing to cheaters.
This is starting to be a problem with our local race. The A-main drivers are not cheating, but the drama is in the B/C main drivers.
A random check is going to be necessary at our place too. And I know who the cheaters are. But I wonder if they feel good to win by cheating.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...IMHO I guess TECH @ "Club" races depends on how SERIOUS that club racing IS.

At small local "Club" racing - IMHO Tech is a waste of time.

Set up some loose guidelines - and encourage everyone to run within those guidelines and don't be too "POLICE" like until the local racing has grown to a decent size turnout.

As the size of the club/turnout grows - set more guidelines with a firmer policy of checking (as needed)

Watch the quality of the "on track" racing - there's not a lot of need to worry about TECHING a car that spends a lot of time KNOCKING down walls, spinning out - and simply inconsistant.

Good racers, especially those who like to run larger races generally don't like to waste their time "Cheating" because that won't help them be fast w/ LEGAL stuff when they go to large events.

Running rules that are TOO Tight at local club races CAN make the atmosphere at those races "Un Fun" and a lot of local club racers race 100% for FUN.
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:59 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbones View Post
I know who the cheaters are. But I wonder if they feel good to win by cheating.
Introduce the rules you choose and watch if these guys are up in arms about it... The sly ones in the wrong always know they'll loose their advantage...

Seen it all before, it's funny watching them or "trying" to defend themselves

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote