R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2003, 10:19 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Whoa...

Quote:
Originally posted by dynamic_e
I was measuring up my XXXS and trying to come up with a plan of action....but to make it a carbon fiber chassised car would take a complete redesign...i'm still thinking of how to do it, but it isn't easy...
click here
looks like kawada beat ya to it ... this car is almost like a losi ......... for 400 bucks

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #17
R/C Tech Founder

The thing about making a conversion kit like that for the Losi is that you'd automatically sell a decent enough number of them to people who want to be a little different or want a cool looking (and odd) display car. Even if they end up not using it for racing after a time, it would still sell. The key is to make as many of the existing Losi parts work for the car as possible, and make the remaining parts (e.g. bulkheads) as difficult to break as possible.

Look back at R/C history: plenty of people bought IRS chassis for the TC3, even though in the end the stock tub chassis seemed to work better. There were plate-type chassis for the Yokomo MR4TC line as well, though people went back to the standard ones. And so on...
Old 09-05-2003, 12:14 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
is it this one ...

gotta love those oversized rear outdrives and retro gold anodized bulkheads
yup thats it! exactly the one. i believe stenari drove that at the 2000 worlds (apparently where the pic was taken from). there also used to be pics of one with kinwald driving it.

.... hehehe it does look like a kawada sigma knock off but if you really think about it, if there was anyone doing the copying its Kawada since that losi (xxxs proto) was existing way before kawada came out with thier new tourer.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 12:01 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cool car... but kinda defeats the purpose of having a sealed drive train...
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 07:16 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBORAT

.... hehehe it does look like a kawada sigma knock off but if you really think about it, if there was anyone doing the copying its Kawada since that losi (xxxs proto) was existing way before kawada came out with thier new tourer.
that is true kawada did copy it to a extent but what I was trying to state was why try to make the chasie for the losi. the cost and time in design would be insane. the easy way would be buy the kawada ( but that is not a good idea either )

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote