R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Hmmm

If there are enough requests, I might develop it, but the costs of development and prototyping are pretty large, so the market has to be there for us to make it.
dynamic_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:00 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Default Hmmm

Xtreme just might develop a chassis with more centered batteries in the future, but we need your feedback to see if it is worth it!
Old 08-29-2003, 08:30 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Diva

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
you have a good point there. here is there web site
http://www.raijin.com/crest/

do you think you might make a chassis kit for the alex barracuda?
Great Ko Racer, I like the one-piece shaft and motor holder. Very nice craftmanship. But I wonder if this chassis put the batteries as close as this one.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:52 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Default Sweet

We are working on pulling in the batteries like that Diva...just wait..
Old 08-29-2003, 09:30 PM   #35
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

oh yeah that is nice .
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:45 PM   #36
Tech Elite

It's only selling at $165. But the battery position.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Default Yep

Bruce lowered the price. It is a killer chassis for $169.00 if you are talking about the Xtreme in black...the SSG is $179.00. I only have 2 kits left that i'll blow out for cheap if you review it and show it to all your firiends.

Just shave the chassis slots down...we are working on a chassis with more centered batteries, but that is 2mo down the line...in time for carpet racing. I might sell the bottom plate by itself to owners with the Xtreme chassis
Old 08-29-2003, 09:55 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

hahaha...I think I pissed off that vendor, based on his ad because I am the only one allowed to get the factory seconds from the manufacturer =)
Old 08-30-2003, 10:16 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Default Re: Yep

Quote:
Originally posted by dynamic_e
Bruce lowered the price. It is a killer chassis for $169.00 if you are talking about the Xtreme in black...the SSG is $179.00. I only have 2 kits left that i'll blow out for cheap if you review it and show it to all your firiends.

Just shave the chassis slots down...we are working on a chassis with more centered batteries, but that is 2mo down the line...in time for carpet racing. I might sell the bottom plate by itself to owners with the Xtreme chassis
I truly hope you can get a couple of the bottom plates for us that are getting the version 1 chassis, it would be nice to compare the changes shifting the batteries in. We had our race last night and I was telling folks about the layout of this chassis, to say the least I had many rabid racers asking me about it the entire night They are dying to see it up and running next Friday, me too
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:21 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Any thoughts on developing a top deck instead of the side rails?
Old 08-31-2003, 09:24 AM   #41
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Diva
Would that modification sounds more reasonable? At least it results in a 2 gram difference between left and right.

My next job project though.
any ideals on how they got the drive train so free
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 02:18 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Should be receiving both the Warpspeed diff housings and the Xtreme chassis on Tuesday, at that point I am going through the entire car. Hope by blowing out the grease in all the bearings and using some lite teflon oil in the bearings and shimming the diff gears along with the blueprinted housings, mine will be as free as that video and still be slop free.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:40 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Ko Racer
any ideals on how they got the drive train so free
The only answer I can think of is bearings.

Regarding the battery placement, almost 80% TC3 racers in our place cut their chassis this way. There are 2 benefits -- weight balance and chassis stiffness. Someone is selling the graphite chassis with top deck just because the original tub is too stiff.

My dremel has new assignment.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Default Stiffness

What would be benifit of having a center brace stlye layout then a side brace style layout? The unique thing I noticed about the chassis is that you can remove the posts and screws from the side braces if you want more flexability and you can keep them in if you want more stiffness. That way, if you are setup on a high bite or low bite track, you can set it up to your needs.

I think the key with any aftermarket chassis is flexability in setups. I, by no means, am a serious racer, but I do hear what others want at the track

Looks good fastrack...I cant wait to hear how the chassis does for you.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:09 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Default Re: Stiffness

Quote:
Originally posted by dynamic_e
What would be benifit of having a center brace stlye layout then a side brace style layout? The unique thing I noticed about the chassis is that you can remove the posts and screws from the side braces if you want more flexability and you can keep them in if you want more stiffness. That way, if you are setup on a high bite or low bite track, you can set it up to your needs.

I think the key with any aftermarket chassis is flexability in setups. I, by no means, am a serious racer, but I do hear what others want at the track

Looks good fastrack...I cant wait to hear how the chassis does for you.
I was thinking along the same lines as you with regards to the side posting and making the chassis more or less stiff with regards to the surface I am running. Right now that is mostly carpet, but next season will also include one or two paved courses. By the time it is all said and done, I will have tried just about every chassis conversion available from US mfgs. About the only one that is not on my list is the Hardcore Ti chassis (IRS, Warpspeed and the Xtreme chassis), will have to think about the Hardcore chassis a bit more. I can accept a metal chassis for my NTC3, but for some reason it just seems wrong for my TC3