R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Interesting though had he not started this thread nothing may have gotten done about his motor....
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

Not sure that is true.
But either way, I will continue to be a happy Novak customer.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IN 20 plus years of R/C Racing, I have always used only Novak products simply because I believe they are the best product on the market. I am NOT saying that other companies products are not good, just that I have never had a problem with Novak and will continue to use their speed controls and motors.I know some of you will disagree, but thats fine. Just stating my personal opinion.
OvalDude99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoook View Post
If you can take care of this you are THE MAN! Thanks DUDE!
LOL...is *IS* actually the man. Maybe not THE man, but he's one of the big guys there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNiels707 View Post
That's one advantage to running a hybrid ESC (Tekin RS, sure there are many others), you don't get hosed when a sensor wire goes south.

I'm sure Novak will make good on this, their customer service is really amazing.
Some LRPs automatically go into "brushed mode" (aka: "fry brushless motors mode") when the sensor wire is disconnected (defective or loose).

Novak kicks ass. I've done dumb stuff and fried parts...had a few defects here and there. They always take care of it with no drama either way. They'll always do an out-of-warranty replacement ($35 for a bl motor) even if you destroyed it due to rank stupidity (not that I would know anything about that ).
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #35
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
Some LRPs automatically go into "brushed mode" (aka: "fry brushless motors mode") when the sensor wire is disconnected (defective or loose).
And from my standpoint, that is a really stupid behavior and the major disadvantage of speed controls that can't handle sensored / sensorless motors. A good dual mode control will roll over to sensorless if a sensor harness fails.

That was also one of the reasons I wished the LRP controls had a way to force it to run in one mode (and not try to second guess me); so if a harness failed it would simply roll over in to 'not running the motor, no sensor' mode.

Though I guess it could also be said if I would have just checked my sensor harnesses it wouldn't be an issue.
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #36
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

For the record, let me just say this:

I was in a far more generous---benefit of the doubt----mood before I had the opportunity to read the written report of this transaction (OP) from the TS individual who handled the original phone call. (Fortunately, this technician keeps notes of all of his phone calls.)

Then there was the report (again, written) from the Novak customer service assistant, whom this poster called yesterday.

Now, my mood----not so generous.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #37
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go figure, an unrealistic poster apparently was rude to the very people whose help he needed.

I'm continuing to see an ever-growing number these manufacturer bashing posts populate this forum, and I think it's about time the forum operators take note that other forums have specific rules against manufacturer bashing and start something similar here on RCTech as this crap is going WAY TOO FAR and is happening way too often especially when the vast majority of these rants are as a result of user error or unreasonable expectations.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #38
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket-mtrsprts View Post
Go figure, an unrealistic poster apparently was rude to the very people whose help he needed.

I'm continuing to see an ever-growing number these manufacturer bashing posts populate this forum, and I think it's about time the forum operators take note that other forums have specific rules against manufacturer bashing and start something similar here on RCTech as this crap is going WAY TOO FAR and is happening way too often especially when the vast majority of these rants are as a result of user error or unreasonable expectations.
I to have noticed this and it could be a ploy to get want any one may want. A public assault puts companies in a position to rectify.
Yet Novak is the best I've seen at addressing issues whether its in defense or compliment to praise. It shows there stature in the RC community. And Novak always comes out on top.

And if it gets fixed there customers for life until another bad experience.
Makes ya wonder why they run a specific product? I have had good and bad with Novak, luckily more good. They have always stood behind there products, just the second reason to use there products. And I only had 1 issue in 12 years of using them.

Yet even if I had a bad that they didn't fix I would still run there product. I would just wright it off. I want to run the best and the number one reason I run Novak. Keep up the good work Team Novak.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #39
scoobeydo

Talking Imagine that, the customer is not always right..

I am glad to hear the Novak CS is a professional and covers his biscuit. Novak is an outstanding company and has been around since the very beginning. If they did not stand behind their products they would not last long. Companies understand customers make mistakes, I always had much more empathy for someone who was up front and honest. Remember the guys and girls who answer the phone are there because they love the hobby too, trust me, they are not getting rich working in the RC industry. Show them some respect and you will probably have a friend for life.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We wouldn't still be in existence (after 30 years) if we weren't "nicer about this".

I have already emailed the OP to Novak's management and CS staff and we will investigate this assertion and take care of the problem.

Wow Novak Two,

This was a very empty promise. All you did was go to my thread at another site and call me a liar and say I used "abusive language".

Is this how Novak fixes a problem? .... They just say it's your fault, and you are wrong?

Here is the link

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_77..._1/key_/tm.htm

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Spoook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
I to have noticed this and it could be a ploy to get want any one may want. A public assault puts companies in a position to rectify.
Yet Novak is the best I've seen at addressing issues whether its in defense or compliment to praise. It shows there stature in the RC community. And Novak always comes out on top.

And if it gets fixed there customers for life until another bad experience.
Makes ya wonder why they run a specific product? I have had good and bad with Novak, luckily more good. They have always stood behind there products, just the second reason to use there products. And I only had 1 issue in 12 years of using them.

Yet even if I had a bad that they didn't fix I would still run there product. I would just wright it off. I want to run the best and the number one reason I run Novak. Keep up the good work Team Novak.
If your first experience was bad would you continue to run their product?

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
For the record, let me just say this:

I was in a far more generous---benefit of the doubt----mood before I had the opportunity to read the written report of this transaction (OP) from the TS individual who handled the original phone call. (Fortunately, this technician keeps notes of all of his phone calls.)

Then there was the report (again, written) from the Novak customer service assistant, whom this poster called yesterday.

Now, my mood----not so generous.
Any one who takes the phone call can document whatever they want. It doesn't necessarily make it true.

Did they write the report in all caps and say I was yelling?

Does the Novak warranty only apply to people you feel are worthy of the warranty?

I am not saying I yelled or used abusive language, but if I did then should the warranty then be voided?

You personal feeling towards me should not factor into this transaction.

Also notice I haven't cussed or used abusive language here. I think that goes a long way towards validating my point.

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikcaffine View Post
Interesting though had he not started this thread nothing may have gotten done about his motor....

This is kind of my point. I shouldn't have to come online and start a thread.

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Old 08-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by szakcajaru View Post
Though it might just be me, it seems as if there were better ways to handle this issue than starting a discussion that did nothing other than throw stones at a manufacturer whose reputation didn't deserve it.

I got the brush off when I called. This while maybe on the best way, is atleast getting attention.

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Old 08-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #45
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Let's back up a bit. This customer was not willing to return the motor for inspection so that we could determine whether or not it was covered by our warranty.

We tell callers that we can not guarantee that an item will be replaced at NC until we see it. This seems like a reasonable request for these racing items----we need to see the damage before we can tell if it is caused by defects in material or workmanship.

All that our warranty, and the warranties of other companies in this industry, covers is those defects mentioned above. Customer installation and use (misuse or abuse) are not covered.
We can only warranty those things over which we have control.

Here's the issue, Spooks: if you are going to post comments on various internet forums trashing Novak's reputation, I will set the record straight. Just because you have not used profanity here, says nothing about your call to our CS department.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote