R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinator View Post
Hey its ThaPhillips. Posting here too? I'm surprised Novak is not nicer about this. But they do say their brushless motors are only compatible with their proprietary speed controls, so they got you there. They are not obligated to help because of that last little catch.

Corinator (aka. Spartan117 on RCU)
We wouldn't still be in existence (after 30 years) if we weren't "nicer about this".

I have already emailed the OP to Novak's management and CS staff and we will investigate this assertion and take care of the problem.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I can say the different....Novak support is top notch, I am sure there are some miscommunication in between. Give them a call 1 more time and may be send Charlie a email about this situation...

Try Speed Passions....Schumacher USA did a great job on support and stand behind their products. However, I have been using Novak speedo/motor since 1986...back then, I was in HK, and I still had their support 5000 miles away.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm continuing to see an ever-growing number these manufacturer bashing posts populate this forum, and I think it's about time the forum operators take note that other forums have specific rules against manufacturer bashing and start something similar here on RCTech as this crap is going WAY TOO FAR and is happening way too often especially when the vast majority of these rants are as a result of user error or unreasonable expectations.

Last edited by rocket-mtrsprts; 08-01-2008 at 10:45 AM.
rocket-mtrsprts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Deleted.

Last edited by wingracer; 08-01-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: He fixed his thread so I killed mine.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:46 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs up 100%

Novak took care of me every time I had an issue and @ every big event 100% covered everything..I have nothing but good things to say about Novak...
Old 08-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Clearly define complaint and then clearly define manufacturer bashing. What might be considered a bash for you might be considered a complaint by others. If you know the ground rules going in then it should be cut and dry.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

I actually tried e-mailing Novak a few times yesterday, both to their CS and TECH addresses, each time the message got bounced back as undeliverable.

Mind you, in the past I have had great service from them.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #23
The Evicerator

Our spam filter sometimes works too well: it weeds out emails from hotmail and some other free web-based email hosts.

I would recommend trying to contact us again either from a different email address or by telephone at 949 833 8873.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
I actually tried e-mailing Novak a few times yesterday, both to their CS and TECH addresses, each time the message got bounced back as undeliverable.

Mind you, in the past I have had great service from them.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
Our spam filter sometimes works too well: it weeds out emails from hotmail and some other free web-based email hosts.

I would recommend trying to contact us again either from a different email address or by telephone at 949 833 8873.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

many thanks Steve,
I only have the hotmail account though.
I was really only trying to find out if I could still get some older speedos for some race replica cars I am putting together for my collection.

I personally am running a Novak 13.5 with my LRP TC speedo at the moment, and have had no problems with it. I'm going to be getting another brushless speedo for the indoor season, so will keep an eye out on what Novak do in the next few months !
Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #25
The Evicerator

Stule,

Sounds good!

Send me a PM with what ESCs you are looking for in particular and I will see if I can find out something for you.

Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulec52 View Post
many thanks Steve,
I only have the hotmail account though.
I was really only trying to find out if I could still get some older speedos for some race replica cars I am putting together for my collection.

I personally am running a Novak 13.5 with my LRP TC speedo at the moment, and have had no problems with it. I'm going to be getting another brushless speedo for the indoor season, so will keep an eye out on what Novak do in the next few months !
Old 08-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Scuba and Charlie took great care of me and my motors at the Carpet Nats. I was running the 17.5's at too high of a rollout, but they still replaced it for me! Had to keep up with the damn CO27's Ended up 5th in the B!!
Thanks again guys!!!
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Novak motors are protected against thermal overload when used with Novak controllers (blue sensor wire) Other controllers do not offer this motor protection. But Novak motors are compatible with all sensored controllers and we do not refuse to warranty motors used with other escs.

This entire transaction sounds very out of the ordinary from what I (personally) know about how our CS operates. PM me and I will take care of this.

If you can take care of this you are THE MAN! Thanks DUDE!

www.mikeshobbyshop.com
Spoook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #28
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoook View Post
If you can take care of this you are THE MAN! Thanks DUDE!
Though it might just be me, it seems as if there were better ways to handle this issue than starting a discussion that did nothing other than throw stones at a manufacturer whose reputation didn't deserve it.
szakcajaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's one advantage to running a hybrid ESC (Tekin RS, sure there are many others), you don't get hosed when a sensor wire goes south.

I'm sure Novak will make good on this, their customer service is really amazing.
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #30
scoobeydo

Default 2 sides to every story!

Having worked for a very large RC manufacturer in a previous life, I can say without hesitation I have heard it all. Yes there are some CS associates who have absolutely no business talking with customers but the truth is when this kind of thing happened, 99 percent of the time we were empowered to take care of any issues short of sending someone money. Posting nonsense (and I am sure most of it was) will get you what you want but absolutely no respect or help from me.