R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliprip View Post
I heard their USA office is closing, but not Serpent. They will have a new USA dist and continue on.
It would be nice if your "source" would actually comment and not have unfounded rumors spread. I can assure you that Serpent USA is NOT closing and that they remain a US importer of Serpent products.

There should be a comment soon on this thread straight from the horses mouth so that all the bull$hit being splattered around finally gets cleaned up.

The rumor mill and the back stabbing and all the other crap that goes on in this hobby, along with $200.00 fuel fill ups is what is crushing this hobby.

Butter
Old 08-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys. As you all may know, Serpent is moving their production to Asia. The improvement is going to be in many aspects. As far as the electric products, a better availability of options, spares and cars is going to be in effect with this move. This process will take some time, but we hope to be able to start delivering product in about 3 weeks time. We really appreciate your continuos support and hope you guys can keep supporting us in the future.

Regarding Randy, i will like to thank him for his hard work and effort. The reason why he is moving is because he is willing to race Offroad and the company that is willing to support him have an EP sedan and is part of the deal. He should be publishing something about it shortly.
I wish him good luck and all the best.
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:55 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I just wonder if anyone ever reads the post in these threads? I know 2 of the guys on here only post to raise there post counts so those I skip
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #49
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintingRoly View Post
I just wonder if anyone ever reads the post in these threads? I know 2 of the guys on here only post to raise there post counts so those I skip
wow roly you finally got something correct oops thats another post for me
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 PM   #50
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I've been trolling the thread since yesterday and it seems like now is probably a good time to chime in.

My reason for leaving Serpent isn't as black and white as it would seem, it is because of the decreasing number of entries at on-road races both locally and nationally. As of right now there are really only a couple of drivers at the local track running mod sedan competitively. I have been considering changing classes for the past few months, and it just happened at the same time as Serpent changing distributors.

I will still be running sedan, but I am going to try to switch my main focus towards the quickly growing 1/8 off-road scene.

I can't thank Serpent enough for the great asphalt season I'm coming off of, mainly Paolo, Butter, and Billy.

To answer the other question, yes I have signed on with Tamiya, and will be driving the 801 Truggy with the new Orion CRF REV .21 engine, 501X 4wd Buggy, and the 416 Sedan.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks info Randy, I'll be making a similar move (off road) this winter.

nice talking to you at nats and thanks for the help and encouragement.

Ritchie. masters 08