Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC Euros 2008, Spain

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is the Amain list that they have up on their site.

Final qualifying order

1. Ronald Volker (DE) [Hot Bodies] - 2pts
2. Marc Rheinard (DE) [Tamiya] - 4pts
3. Viktor Wilck (SE) [Tamiya] - 5pts
4. Andy Moore (GB) [Hot Bodies] - 6pts
5. Teemo Leino (FI) [Xray] - 6pts
6. Jilles Groskamp (NL) [Tamiya] - 7pts
7. Marc Fischer (DE) [Corally] - 8pts
8. Steven Weiss (DE) [Xray] - 9pts
9. Alexander Hagberg (SE) [Xray] - 11pts
10. Elliott Harper (GB) [Xray] - 15pts
Old 08-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Manufacturer numbers (reported on RedRC);

Xray - 46
Tamiya - 25
Corally - 18
Schumacher - 16
Hot Bodies - 15
Yokomo - 7
Associated - 6
Kyosho - 4
TOP - 2
Losi - 2
Team Magic - 1
Serpent - 1
Robitronic - 1
Old 08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

excellent numbers for XRAY with 4 in the top 10! Ronald seems to have commanded the qualifiers. pretty much like Lewis Hamilton did at the F1 qualifier today! it's great when you have a car that works so well. you can go in with so much of confidence. and that's great, 'cos it allows you to race with a clear head!

Last edited by RocketRacer; 08-02-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Exactlt Rocket, must make it so much easier to just drive..

Hey what on earth is the go with Viktor Wilck missing marshalling therefore front row spot? Surely these guys must have team managers/gophers etc to give them a gentle whack on the chops if they are going to run late

Alexander Hagberg has to be a dark horse for this, steady rise throughtout the weekend.. Now in the A. Well done.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Amazing what happens when an industry stands behind something instead of tucking tail and running at the first sign of weakness... maybe we can learn a lesson from that over here?
Not quite, Steve, but a good point...

The European Federation (EFRA) changed the class from 6-cell to 5-cell in order to prevent the problems with tyre wear and improve motor reliability. It worked, in spades! Mod is now enjoying a huge renaissance in Europe, because the cars are driveable, and the reliability is high. Because of the 5-cell limit, LiPo plays no role, and because of the 5-cell limit, weight is down and that helps tyre wear and reliability. It's a virtuous circle...

Manufacturers want a healthy class to sell into, so they've done their bit to provide cars that work with the new Rules. That hasn't made things any less competitive, but because anyone can get a Mod car to go, it's done wonders for participation - everyone wins!

The impression we get over here is that the US is set against 5-cell, and that reflects in the IFMAR decision to run 6-cell at this year's Worlds. In Italy 2006, there were serious problems with speedos and motors, and that will be worse in the heat of Thailand. Japan run 4-cell, Europe runs 5-cell and both have high participation. US runs 6-cell...

For Stock classes (very popular in US compared to Europe) 6-cell seems OK, but it is very interesting to see the 12th and World GT entries at the IIC - large entry and using 4-cell!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

There's a lot of lipo people in the US who say 5 cell is a conspiracy against them don't ask me...

Still even 5 cell would not increase mod racing here. Very few people want to leave stock motor racing.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Without wanting to go waaaaay offtopic, US tracks appear to be a lot smaller and more tight/twisty/technical than Euro or Asian tracks, mod cars on smaller tracks are tough to drive for the best guys, never mind the ''less ability-blessed''.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Without wanting to go waaaaay offtopic, US tracks appear to be a lot smaller and more tight/twisty/technical than Euro or Asian tracks, mod cars on smaller tracks are tough to drive for the best guys, never mind the ''less ability-blessed''.
very true, our local track here doesnt have a huge straight like that Vila Real track does.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Final results (Official)
1. Marc Rheinard (DE) [Tamiya] - 3pts (1:1 / 2:10 / 3:2)
2. Vikor Wilck (SE) [Tamiya] - 4pts (1:4 / 2:1 / 3:3)
3. Ronald Volker (DE) [Hot Bodies] - 5pts (1:10 / 2:4 / 3:1)
4. Andy Moore (GB) [Hot Bodies] - 7pts (1:5 / 2:2 / 3:8)
5. Teemo Leino (FI) [Xray] - 9pts (1:2/ 2:9 / 3:7)
6. Alexander Hagberg (SE) [Xray] - 9pts (1:3 / 2:7 / 3:6)
7. Jilles Groskamp (NL) [Tamiya] - 9pts (1:6 / 2:3 / 3:10)
8. Steven Weiss (DE) [Xray] - 9pts (1:7 / 2:5 / 3:4)
9. Elliott Harper (GB) [Xray] - 11pts (1:9 / 2:6 / 3:5)
10. Marc Fischer (DE) [Corally] - 16pts (1:8 / 2:8 / 3:9)
Old 08-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz

I dont think that arguement holds water ..

They come here to the states and dont seem to have any problems cleaning house at our national events on tracks alot smaller than the ones they run on in europe.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Anyone have more info as to why Rheinard was disqualified in A2? i read redrc and it said his battery was too long??? what's happening? i didn't know battery will grow like plants.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 AM
Tech Rookie

It's a certain make of cells that are not the correct measurements. I know exactly what cells they are, my son had taken some brand new ones of the same make, and all his were deemed illegal so he had to borrow off other teammates all meeting. Totally ruined his racing.
I'm not prepared to say which make of cells they were though.
I'll leave that to other people
Old 08-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the past few years many battery companies have resorted to both increasing the size of cells and making the cell housing thinner in order to maximise the cell capacity. This happened to the extent that even new cells were larger than the industry-standard sub-C specification which is what we are supposed to be running. Moreover when charged at higher amps the pressure within the cells builds up and due to the thinner housing the cells expand (both become longer and thicker), causing them to be even further outside the Sub-C cel specification. In addition this is contributing to the safety issues of the past 2 years.

In an effort to halt this unwanted trend EFRA informed all battery makers that starting April 1st the measures of the sub-C cel specification would be included in the EFRA rules and would be teched at major EFRA events. Marc's battery from the 2nd final was apparantly slightly longer than the sub-C cel spec (even after it cooled down) costing him his 2nd final result in accordance with the improved EFRA rules.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayracer2
It's a certain make of cells that are not the correct measurements. I know exactly what cells they are, my son had taken some brand new ones of the same make, and all his were deemed illegal so he had to borrow off other teammates all meeting. Totally ruined his racing.
I'm not prepared to say which make of cells they were though.
I'll leave that to other people
Actually, I believe most makes are, at best, very close to the edge anyway and charging at high amps even once can cause those to be illegal. To the best of my knowledge only one company actually used 2007 to develop a true EFRA spec cel that is guaranteed to stay within the sub-C size limits.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so tell people what cells they were so they dont purchase them, witch might make the company adress the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.