R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-17-2004, 03:36 PM   #631
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: off the topic

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
I wanted to ask if anyone has had issues with Ko's service department reliability and speed.I have a 6 month old Helios thats has taken a dump and I need to have it serviced. Anyone know what the turn around is like with them? Otherwise I may be up a creek with tcs nats coming up! Help!
racenut.. make arrangements with Robert Morris from Ko Propo. he'll hook you up in time for TCS Nats.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #632
Tech Adept

Default to ko staff regarding pds 2343

i have a problem with my pds 2343, the neutral trim or the center keeps shifting or changing when i race. should i reprogram it? through out the race i kept adjusting the sub trim so that the steering is centered. is the pc interface cable for servo the same for vfs 2000? btw i am using M8 VIII with lrp phaser receiver
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #633
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i just got a VFS2000 and i will be using it for stock motor sedan on carpet with foam tires. Any ideas on where to start for a setting? i looked for a carpet setting, but didn't see much. Thanks

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #634
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
i just got a VFS2000 and i will be using it for stock motor sedan on carpet with foam tires. Any ideas on where to start for a setting? i looked for a carpet setting, but didn't see much. Thanks
try mike patterson's setting from ROAR Nats in portland. i used it in stock and was happy with it. of course his settings were for 19T. PM Me if you need the settings. or you can also go to www.kopropo.com and download it from there.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:16 PM   #635
Tech Master

Default Re: to ko staff regarding pds 2343

Quote:
Originally posted by prodrive
i have a problem with my pds 2343, the neutral trim or the center keeps shifting or changing when i race. should i reprogram it? through out the race i kept adjusting the sub trim so that the steering is centered. is the pc interface cable for servo the same for vfs 2000? btw i am using M8 VIII with lrp phaser receiver
prodrive-
You may want to check you linkage and make sure that it is not binding. Try taking off the servo horn and see if you still have the same problem. If you don't, then it is the linkage. If you do, you may want to get your radio checked and recalibrated.

The only thing that you could try is the deadband adjustment on the servo. That may help. The PC interface is the same, but will require a Y-harness. One end goes to the PC interface, one to the servo and one to a receiver pack for power.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:50 PM   #636
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
try mike patterson's setting from ROAR Nats in portland. i used it in stock and was happy with it. of course his settings were for 19T. PM Me if you need the settings. or you can also go to www.kopropo.com and download it from there.
Ya, I also posted it I think on the page b4 this one.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:57 PM   #637
Tech Champion

Yeah I did see that setting, but it was for asphalt correct? Most of the time foam on carpet produces far more traction, as well as mad forward bite. I guess I'm asking if i could start at 6 vs. starting at 10 and coming back down?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #638
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this may be in the wrong thread, But

I have a ko servero a 2123. I have heard that this is a fet servo, but mine does not have a fet lead. It is an older servo. Did they change those servos at some point? I purchased it used, so could the previous owner have cut it? I can open it up and look inside, where would the wire for the fet part be on the circuit board?

TIA

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #639
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by theisgroup
this may be in the wrong thread, But

I have a ko servero a 2123. I have heard that this is a fet servo, but mine does not have a fet lead. It is an older servo. Did they change those servos at some point? I purchased it used, so could the previous owner have cut it? I can open it up and look inside, where would the wire for the fet part be on the circuit board?

TIA
The blue 7.2V lead comes from under the PC board. If the wire is not there and the servo works, then it is not the PDS-2123. They may have just changed the upper case with the PDS-2123's upper case. The servo will not work unless the 7.2V lead is attached.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #640
Tech Lord

Quote:
Yeah I did see that setting, but it was for asphalt correct? Most of the time foam on carpet produces far more traction, as well as mad forward bite. I guess I'm asking if i could start at 6 vs. starting at 10 and coming back down?
robk... starting at 6 will give you more punch. the reason the settings are started at 10 or 11 and held there for two stages is to minimize wheel spin. but (ive never raced on carpet so correct me if im wrong) on carpet, since there is so much traction, you'll be able to use that setting more effectively. check your runtime too since 6 is such a low setting.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:05 PM   #641
Tech Master

Quote:
I have just updated the vfs help center on the KO site. I have posted the setting used from 03 ROAR carpet nationals, 04 snowbirds (carpet) and Hara's 04 KO Grand Prix setting.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #642
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

I was looking at the 04 Snowbirds 19T & 27T setting and it goes down to 1. Is that safe?
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:07 PM   #643
Tech Champion

Thanks for the help guys. i really appreciate it.

One more thing, what is up with 2 Hyperboosters and two super shotkys?

Old 08-20-2004, 03:13 PM   #644
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
I was looking at the 04 Snowbirds 19T & 27T setting and it goes down to 1. Is that safe?
It is safe, but will require a motor rebuild after every run. Just trying to squeeze as much out of the motor and esc as possible.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:17 PM   #645
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys. i really appreciate it.

One more thing, what is up with 2 Hyperboosters and two super shotkys?
I would recommend using the hyper booster along with the super shotki diode. In reference to using two or more, would only help with adjustable timing motors. I don't see a difference with two on a stock motor, 19T maybe. But there are some that do use two in stock and swear by it. Just their opinion.