R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-16-2004, 01:26 PM   #481
Tech Fanatic
 
rcsabah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: TQ around de World
Posts: 996
Default

any one have the best setting for high speed track 12 motor

esc setting
rcsabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:20 PM   #482
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Is that all that you want? You gotta raise your prices, I almost feel guilty!
hahaha, ok...hey how about that speedo I sent you...you can pm me about it if you rather...
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:03 AM   #483
Tech Adept
 
prodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 174
Default to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
prodrive-
The ESC will handle any turn motor, but you will have to set it and use the correct amount of super shotki diodes. The super shotki diodes have the power of two regular shotki diodes. To get the full potential from the ESC you will need to program it. If you need more runtime, go higher in frequency. Take a look at the website at http://www.kopropo.com/vfs_help_center.htm There we have 23T motor settings and other settings. You can also download the PC interface program off of the website under downloads to check out the program.
since your last reply, fortunately i came across vfs setting adapter and bought it. of course i opted for the handheld unit cause i dont like to bring my laptop everytime we go to the track. since this was a big investment for me, and since then i have also acquired tbevo3 surikarn edition, and i need another esc. so i am now considering to buy kopropo's vfs j version. my question is: is the j version exactly the same as trf 2002 esc that i am currently using? is there any disadvantages using j version instead of the other? is the manual exactly the same between j version, trf 2002 esc, and the non j version? could i use keyence's power cables to replace the preinstalled wires? thanks for your help
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #484
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default Re: to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by prodrive
since your last reply, fortunately i came across vfs setting adapter and bought it. of course i opted for the handheld unit cause i dont like to bring my laptop everytime we go to the track. since this was a big investment for me, and since then i have also acquired tbevo3 surikarn edition, and i need another esc. so i am now considering to buy kopropo's vfs j version. my question is: is the j version exactly the same as trf 2002 esc that i am currently using? is there any disadvantages using j version instead of the other? is the manual exactly the same between j version, trf 2002 esc, and the non j version? could i use keyence's power cables to replace the preinstalled wires? thanks for your help
You can still use the PC program to save an look at all of your settings. The J version is the same as the TRF version, but the J has the 7.2V lead. The only disadvantage is that you can not run the battery pack all the way down, but you should not have to with setting changes.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:39 AM   #485
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
You can still use the PC program to save an look at all of your settings. The J version is the same as the TRF version, but the J has the 7.2V lead. The only disadvantage is that you can not run the battery pack all the way down, but you should not have to with setting changes.
are you gonna be at socal tonight? need to give you an entry for the Ko Grand Prix.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #486
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Hebiki-
I will try to make it. R U?
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #487
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Hebiki-
I will try to make it. R U?
will be there. wanna do some experimenting with my VFS.. try out different settings. probably the last time ill be racing at socal tho.. you know my situation
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #488
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

I'll try to be there, about 80% sure.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:10 PM   #489
Tech Adept
 
prodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 174
Default to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
You can still use the PC program to save an look at all of your settings. The J version is the same as the TRF version, but the J has the 7.2V lead. The only disadvantage is that you can not run the battery pack all the way down, but you should not have to with setting changes.
what do you mean by 7.2v lead?????? i can only run 6 cell??? can i use ko's fet servo? can i add an extra receiver pack? how much is all the way down? and what setting changes???
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #490
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default Re: to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by prodrive
what do you mean by 7.2v lead?????? i can only run 6 cell??? can i use ko's fet servo? can i add an extra receiver pack? how much is all the way down? and what setting changes???
I am pretty sure Robert is talking about the 7.2v lead for the super fast servos that require that plug-in, and with the J version it keeps enough power so that you can still control the servo, and have power to the reciever. With the regular 2000 if you bring the packs power ALL the way down, at a certain point the car will just stop working, no power to the motor, and none to the reciever, which means you will have a VERY slow run-away
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:21 AM   #491
Tech Adept
 
prodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 174
Default masami's esc

which version does masami use??? j version or regular version
atsushi hara uses which one for his rev motor
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:28 AM   #492
tornado
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: masami's esc

Quote:
Originally posted by prodrive
which version does masami use??? j version or regular version
atsushi hara uses which one for his rev motor
masami don't use that ko anymore.....the latest i've seen was GM SX9 and now he may be using SX12!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #493
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

prodrive-
Just like what =Misfitz= Nuke said, but the car will not run away. It will just be dead.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:36 AM   #494
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default Re: Re: masami's esc

Quote:
Originally posted by tornado
masami don't use that ko anymore.....the latest i've seen was GM SX9 and now he may be using SX12!
Masami used the VFS-2000 for the Reedy Race this year.

Hara uses the Twister which is the same as the VFS-2000 J.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 06:25 AM   #495
Tech Adept
 
prodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 174
Default to ko staff

thanks for the info and the tips it really help me out
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ko propo vfs-2000 esc nitro kid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-29-2008 12:29 PM
KO Propo VFS 2000 ESC Help simba350 Australian Racing 3 11-08-2007 11:34 PM
~F/S Ko Propo Mars R/Ko Propo VFS 2000 Pro/BMI FK05~ RandomTask R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-21-2006 10:18 PM
Ko Propo ESC, VFS 2000/VFS-1 Thraex R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-13-2005 02:21 PM
KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC AGR#7 Electric On-Road 9 01-06-2003 11:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net