R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2004, 01:17 PM   #421
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Old Man
No I cant go any higher
probably time to get a new laptop? upgrading your video card might be too expensive and that 48x based laptop might be slow to be begin with.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM   #422
Tech Adept
 
stankulas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: hartford ct
Posts: 230
Default

whats the defrence between vfs-1 and vfs -2
__________________
RC America
Xray
Hudy
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #423
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stankulas
whats the defrence between vfs-1 and vfs -2
dont know. the product isnt out yet.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #424
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Yes but the program should be usable for all resolutions.
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:29 PM   #425
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Hi,

Just recieved my hyper boosters from japan Now the way the instructions read i think it's a replacement for the shottky diode,But the the way you guys talk i use it addation ??

Can you please clarify this for me, do i use both, is it best to use both, or just the booster is ok ???

Thanks
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:22 AM   #426
Tech Adept
 
asimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sydney AUSTRALIA
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
VFS-2000J haven't even used it yet and it's out of date

I'm feeling alittle cheated at the moment as news of this product only started showing up in the last few days really and i ordered the new 2000J about 3 weeksa ago

Whats the inside word on the extra new programable bits with the VFS-1 then ??

Never mind maybe i still got the best speedo while we await the VFS-1 ??
Don't worry dude! I'm in the same boat as you. Got mine new a month ago, I haven't even really used it yet. Installed it in my Micro RS4 to play around with and now to read that there's a new KO speedo!

I also got the 2000J. I'm going to put this in my 1:12th when I decide which one to get!

What a hobby!!! But you just have to live with it. It's like the CTX I got 6 months ago. Was awesome! now they come out with a Surikarn edition which works better! ARGH!

asimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:19 AM   #427
Tech Adept
 
prodrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 174
Default to ko propo staff

one thing that i noticed in the trf 2002 esc manual it says that suitable only for 11 turn to 27 turn motor. does that mean this esc has a motor limit, or that optimal used for that range of motor. i just got it from a friend and it didnt come with schotky diode or any capacitor. at my local hobby store the only schotky diode available are from speed mind and peak racing. also the large capacitor from ko propo is also available. the pc link up i can get but is it necessary to program it if i was running tamiya super stock or mirage prism 23turn stock? and what would make my batt last longer ? should i put on the large capacitor? not all my batt are matched packs. by the way my car is TRF 414. i want to try using reedy Ti 8x2 but i am afraid i'll blow it.
prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #428
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Hey, I am looking into a Ko-propo ESC.... which is the Best one? What do the prices Range from New to used? Thanks
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:05 AM   #429
Tech Champion
 
rc-zombies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: NorCal. Napa area
Posts: 7,212
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Hey, I am looking into a Ko-propo ESC.... which is the Best one? What do the prices Range from New to used? Thanks
the best one is the VFS-2000 or 2000J they sell for around 140-150 brand new. 110-130 used.

I have a Hara Twister NIB. Purple case
Sale is pending...if the sale doesn't go through and if you're interested PM me...
It's Identical to the VFS-2000
__________________
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #430
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,828
Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rc-zombies
the best one is the VFS-2000 or 2000J they sell for around 140-150 brand new. 110-130 used.

I have a Hara Twister NIB. Purple case
Sale is pending...if the sale doesn't go through and if you're interested PM me...
It's Identical to the VFS-2000
YGPM
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 06:08 PM   #431
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Merciless
Hi,

Just recieved my hyper boosters from japan Now the way the instructions read i think it's a replacement for the shottky diode,But the the way you guys talk i use it addation ??

Can you please clarify this for me, do i use both, is it best to use both, or just the booster is ok ???

Thanks
NE1 ??
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:00 PM   #432
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default Re: to ko propo staff

Quote:
Originally posted by prodrive
one thing that i noticed in the trf 2002 esc manual it says that suitable only for 11 turn to 27 turn motor. does that mean this esc has a motor limit, or that optimal used for that range of motor. i just got it from a friend and it didnt come with schotky diode or any capacitor. at my local hobby store the only schotky diode available are from speed mind and peak racing. also the large capacitor from ko propo is also available. the pc link up i can get but is it necessary to program it if i was running tamiya super stock or mirage prism 23turn stock? and what would make my batt last longer ? should i put on the large capacitor? not all my batt are matched packs. by the way my car is TRF 414. i want to try using reedy Ti 8x2 but i am afraid i'll blow it.
prodrive-
The ESC will handle any turn motor, but you will have to set it and use the correct amount of super shotki diodes. The super shotki diodes have the power of two regular shotki diodes. To get the full potential from the ESC you will need to program it. If you need more runtime, go higher in frequency. Take a look at the website at http://www.kopropo.com/vfs_help_center.htm There we have 23T motor settings and other settings. You can also download the PC interface program off of the website under downloads to check out the program.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:04 PM   #433
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

ko propo staff

are you racing tomorrow? I desperately need your help with my esc. let me know. thanks!

btw.. i have those images for you.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM   #434
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default

Chris-
I'll try to make it tomorrow. Getting ready for the Reedy race this week.
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:59 AM   #435
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Chris-
I'll try to make it tomorrow. Getting ready for the Reedy race this week.
give me a call on my cell.. so i know what to do with the images. i got some really good pictures for you. i didnt know you were racing Reedy? or just helping with the Ko drivers?

psst... by the way get me Masami and Atsushi's throttle profiles!
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ko propo vfs-2000 esc nitro kid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-29-2008 12:29 PM
KO Propo VFS 2000 ESC Help simba350 Australian Racing 3 11-08-2007 11:34 PM
~F/S Ko Propo Mars R/Ko Propo VFS 2000 Pro/BMI FK05~ RandomTask R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-21-2006 10:18 PM
Ko Propo ESC, VFS 2000/VFS-1 Thraex R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-13-2005 02:21 PM
KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC AGR#7 Electric On-Road 9 01-06-2003 11:35 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:27 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net