R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 AM   #61
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroBoy View Post
We already have a Mecca of indoor carpet and outdoor offroad...

Its called the Hobbyplex

Sorry couldn't resist!
You know what's funny is I was thinking the same thing
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #62
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
You know what's funny is I was thinking the same thing
We all know that you don't think...
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 07-24-2008 at 10:42 AM. Reason: double post
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post

It doesn't belong to ROAR...but you know that the President of Roar has a track don't you...? SRS in Phoenix AZ.

Yep..
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #65
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailranger View Post
B.F.E comes to mide but NOT IN THE USA
Since they VOTE in the US elections I THOUGHT i would be nice and add them ine....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think the Nationals should be held at one venue instead of moving it every year. The manufactures should choose the place where the nationals should be held, and help promote this event.

ROAR should run this event like in Europe, they do not have track owners run races but the club or race organization runs the event. Keep large race events out of the track owners/hobby shops hands!

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #67
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RMT already runs the event. They more less rent the facility.
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't really care if the race is hosted by a local hobby shop/track or club on a temp lot.. I just want to go to a national event held somewhere with a guaranteed good attendance. I've gone to two nationals but both of those are Nitro Sedans and both had 150 or close to that... I'm planning on attending the next asphalt Nats where ever it is hosted....
Old 07-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
ROAR should run this event like in Europe, they do not have track owners run races but the club or race organization runs the event. Keep large race events out of the track owners/hobby shops hands!

This is called ROAR Race Management Team.

www.roarracing.com

click on rules
click on nationals guidelines

talks all about it....
Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
This is called ROAR Race Management Team.

www.roarracing.com

click on rules
click on nationals guidelines

talks all about it....
Dawn, I think that was the wrong statment I wanted to say that it should not be the hobby shop owner to setup choose tire, motor or even be apart of the nationals event. ROAR should be making these decisions, so if the event was held in one place each year ROAR could have bids from manufactures for main sponsership, spec tire and if needed spec motors. We need to get manufactures involved more. ROAR does a great job but I think ROAR should be setting up these events and running them itslef. I know this would be very difficult because ROAR would have to hire people just to run an event lik this but I would like to see ROAR in total control and showing the racers that an event like this can be ran by ROAR and not hobby shop owners.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Dawn, I think that was the wrong statment I wanted to say that it should not be the hobby shop owner to setup choose tire, motor or even be apart of the nationals event. ROAR should be making these decisions, so if the event was held in one place each year ROAR could have bids from manufactures for main sponsership, spec tire and if needed spec motors. We need to get manufactures involved more. ROAR does a great job but I think ROAR should be setting up these events and running them itslef. I know this would be very difficult because ROAR would have to hire people just to run an event lik this but I would like to see ROAR in total control and showing the racers that an event like this can be ran by ROAR and not hobby shop owners.
I thought that is what the RMT did, for the most part. The carpet nats in Omaha, ROAR was pretty much in charge of everything at the track, except watching the shop...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:03 AM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Manufacturers would want it in So California for sure.
cheerwhiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
gijoe64 ...... I don't think your getting it. Nats are about racing with some of the best racers on a neutral playing field. How does having a race like this each year on a NON NEUTRAL track level the playing field? It doesn't. Moving the race from track to track each year gives local home track racers somewhat of a home track advantage, but for the most part these races are won by the same people that travel to these races and learn how to adapt. It's still a leveler playing field than racing the same track each year where someone who's already been there has more setup data about the surface and conditions than the first time nats racer to that track. Major advantage. While your looking for a baseline he's out there working on shaving those critical 1/10ths and 1/100ths of a second of his lap times. I'd be willing to bet that if someone were to track the entrants of the "hotel" races, Birds, IIC, Cleveland, you would see that those races attract a higher percentage of the same racers each year. This limits the amount of exposure ROAR can get to and for tracks as well as new potential members. Remember tracks are also ROAR members and as members they're the ones that deserve the attention and exposure that a ROAR National can bring.

As far as keeping the hobby shop out of any decision and ROAR running races like they do in Europe. We already do. ROAR RMT runs the race. ROAR sends a Race Director, Score Keeper, Tech Director and Announcer. This brings consistency to how our events are ran. Tech equipment is owned by the sanctioning body, ROAR, and it's shipped from race to race, again consistency for the race tech. Motors are handled by the ROAR rules, they're open to all approved motors for that class and pass a pre race tech. No hobby shop involved there. Batteries, again per ROAR approvals and again no hobby shop involved with this either. Stated/Control tires, hobby shop involvement needed here. Why, it's not ROAR's track, and the host knows better than ROAR does as to what tires are going to work on THEIR surface at what time of the year the best. This point is moot anyways, it's still the same tire, rim and insert for everyone in TC. Ask the guys in Europe if they like running the tire that their sanctioning body says they must run, most say NO! So be glad we allow the host to choose the best tire for the race. And remember best for you may not mean the same as best for your buddy or even the guy pitting next to you. It's still the same for all, so we have consistency with a level playing field there. Last of all ROAR pays for all the awards at an RMT event. This changes allow tracks a better oppertunity for a profit in these races. Becuase anyone who's organized and promoted a national caliber event knows it's not cheap.

I just love it when we get compared to the Euros. This is the good ol USA. In the USA we do as Americans do ... lol. Kidding aside, motorsports in Europe of which RC racing is part of, is BIG TIME sports. It's cultural and it's WAYYY different. Motorsports outside of NASCAR in the USA is NOT big time sports. In Europe the sports heroes are either, Football (soccer) players and Racers, all types of racers, auto, moto, bicycle, etc. The Eros plain old LOVE RACING!!!! The racers are the MJ's, Iverson's, A-Rod's ect of sports marketing world in Europe. Here in the US, unless your in NASCR and your name is Gordon, Busch, Stewart, etc. nobody knows who you are. It's in large part cultural, motorsports/rc racing in Europe is way more respected than it is here and gets real media attention. One last thing that makes our RC culture different than the Euros is economy and economic class structures. In the US the vast majority of RC consumers are not racers and the vast majority of the US RC market is fairly middle class and blue collar. In Europe and most other parts of the world it's much more exclusive, upper class, white-collard and racing oriented. Damn ... off my soap box!!!
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

pretty much explains everything...

thanks ruben for the input,

think this thread has run is course, lets let it die now.

thanks again to all those that gave input and your reasons.

see you guys next year at nats......
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Dead Horse ????

JoeM
SmokinJoeM is offline   Reply With Quote