R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2003, 11:23 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Losi now uses standard hex hubs, and pretty much any foams fit them.

The X-Ray and corally have a problem because the hub itself is so large, but I know Jaco and TCR foams fit them along with Yokomo, Mugen, and speedmind.....

Stay away from Jaco 24mm foams the rim is pretty soft and bends upon the first hit the car encounters..... The 26mm ones won't however.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:26 AM   #62
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive had no problem with my Jaco's ive run them for about 5 meetings now, of 4 4minute races a meeting.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 04:44 PM   #63
Tech Elite

IMPACTPLAYR - Thanks for the info mate.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:16 AM   #64
Tech Elite

Impact - Are you good to go this weekend? 0% chance of rain. YER!
Old 09-05-2003, 08:37 AM   #65
Tech Elite

YES!!!!!

However I may be running a new class if the motors come in......

We decided to run a Hanover style GT3 class using mabuchi 540's and any chassis with non-standard race bodies (I'm running an HPI NSX... looks hella cool and handles good too!!!) This will allow the kids and newbee's to start in a cheaper class and learn how to drive.... and should minimize parts breakage......

Old 09-05-2003, 10:12 AM   #66
Tech Elite

IMPACTPLAYR - Hmmm will two classes be run, stock and 540 or just 540? I'd rather stick with stock for now, I guess Ted, Allen(if he turns up) and mike Jr/Sr would be running stock... anybody else?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:37 AM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Hey guys, right now at my local track which is carpet indoors we have been running rubber tire 1/10 touring every week. Well I think next week we are going to be switching to foam tires for all touring car classes to get ready for Snowbirds. My setup for my XRay right now with rubber tires is absolutely perfect, but now that we're switching to foams i'm not sure what changes I should make to the car.

Any advice?

Thanks
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:05 PM   #68
ajg

Default carpet tires

I have a tc3 and I'm thinking of going to a carpet track instead of the vht track I'm at now.
Can I use double purples on the front and purples on the rear, or do I have to get some plaids for the front?
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

You can use dbl purples in front, but plaids make the car easier to drive and are much more resistant to coning and chunking. If you have the money, get the plaids, it's worth it. And judging from what i know of your posted VHT setup, you might wanna take a look at a real foam tire/carpet setup, like the one i posted in the thread you created.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:17 PM   #70
ajg

Thanks!

Last edited by ajg; 09-07-2003 at 04:21 PM.
ajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:09 AM   #71
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fatdoggy
IMPACTPLAYR - Hmmm will two classes be run, stock and 540 or just 540? I'd rather stick with stock for now, I guess Ted, Allen(if he turns up) and mike Jr/Sr would be running stock... anybody else?
Yes there will still be a stock class, I know Brandon will be racing it as for everyone else I am unsure.... Can't wait to see you there!

Old 09-06-2003, 09:33 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

I tried running my foams on my tc3 for the first time today. It was so much fun, and so different. Can't wait till we start racing with them, thats gonna be awsome. My car was much to "stuck" in the corners with the Alfa 2.0, that's how I felt. So I picked up an origional stratus, I couldn't stand the stratus 2.0, its too ugly for me (thats just my opinion, I'm not trying to offend anyone). So I'm working on making a killer paint job for it, . Otherwise I didn't find to many things wrong in the set up. I think I want to go with a little stiffer spring in the front (right now I'm running AE reds (22 lbs.) on all corners). Mabey stiffer all around, but first I'll have to try it with the stratus body on it.

Here's a question I have, although it's a little off topic for this thread, what do you guys use for masking your bodies? Does that blue tape (I'm not sure what the actual name of it is) thats designed to go on painted walls without removing the paint on the wall when you remove the tape work very well? I had some stuff from hobby co. or something which was pretty good, but you couldn't cut the tape with a hobby knife when you put it in the body. the tape would just stretch and do wierd and bad things. So I'm looking for a tape that you can cut with a hobby knife when you have it in the body and that also doesn't let paint bleed under it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I use the blue tape...

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-06-2003, 10:02 PM   #74
Tech Fanatic

That sounds good, I did a search (but after I already had posted, because I'm just slow like that ). And it sounds like a lot of people use the blue tape.

Sushi- I bet with yer all blue alfa you had to use a lot of tape didn't you
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default the correct foam tyres

Hi,

We have our state comp in October, here in Brisbane it gets around 30 degrees, mo question is this: What type of shore rating would be the best for the front and back, in 30 deg temp, on a bitumen track, want to be prepared

regards brad p