Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-S issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XXX-S issues

first ill start with i know nothing about electric rcs. my problem is i let my brother use my car and he brought it back to me broken... steering works but motor does not. lhs told me to replace speed control so i replaced it but it didnt fix the problem. if anyone can help i would appreciate it
Old 07-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

possibly the brushes are too worn? this has happened to me. get the motor cut and new brushes installed if its a brushed motor.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It would help if you posted what your speed control/motor combination was... With so many combinations today, it is hard to give good advice without more information.

However, as noted, if you have a brushed motor, then a problem with the brushes is most likely (brush worn out, 'hung up' in the brush hood, or even a broken brush spring or a bad connection from the ESC to the motor)...

If it's brushless, bad solder connections or a loose sensor plug (if sensored) are possible...

Does the car roll "free" (it could be that the drive train has "locked up" from dirt/rocks, ???)...?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Rookie

well the car will work if i give it a little push but as soon as i let off the throttle it stops again

the motor is a team trinity P2K2 Pro (thats all i know about it) and the speed control is a dynamite tazer 15t
Old 07-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Yeah sounds like you have a hung brush or something. Go to your Lhs and see if they will rebuild the motor with new brushes and cut the comm.