Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW! PROTOform "MULSANNE LMP" 200mm PanCar Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

You are right all the way when you say that it works best this way but the reason why I would want it lower? It just looks better IMO... I'm sure that the wing works great like this but I also want to look at my car and think, damn!!! That looks neat!!! And right now I just don't have that...

Then again, I am also pretty sure that the wing WILL do it's job correctly when mounted lower and as you say behind the cockpit. If you look at TC bodies, the wings are also lower behind the cockpit. Offcoarse you can't compare a 4wd TC with a 2wd pancar but if I look at our track 1,5 years ago. They had a Corally CCT class and almost everyone had a Saleen S7R from HPI on their car and that worked great! On the Saleen, the wing is also very low and close to the body so that is why I would want the wing to be lower also. Another point is if you look at the P905B of the Nissan P35, they don't have a "loose" wing at all but they DO provide plenty of downforce on the car...

Don't worry about starting or not starting a war LOL... It is always a good thing to discuss these things I guess. Then people can share information and I think that will only help the sport!!!

Joost.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Joost, that makes sense to me. I had thought about the 905 and lola bodies, they have a spoiler that almost goes straight up. I like the new style cars with wings on them better than the older ones (lola, 905b). The older ones just look like door stops to me, but I know they are very effective bodies.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just looked on the website of Proline/Protoform and the rear spoiler is a add-on spoiler and also the rear wing is fully adjustable in height and setting according to Protoform so the rear wing can be custom adjusted to different tracks & desires... I have read over that part the first time I saw the body on the site so my critics on the Mulsanne are vanished

When we are driving 200mm. I will definately get one of these bodies to mount on the chassis!!!

Joost.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dale,

Any chance of a 12th version of this body?

Please.

Pretty please...
Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think this body will start a new class and all other bodies for the pan cars will fall by the way-side!!!! Just my opinion!! This body puts the S in Sweet
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I can see this as an out door body running on nitro tracks! makes me shiver with excitement
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

YES!!!!!! I dig it. When i get a pan car I am definatly getting me one.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joost K.
That's because the P908 & the Audi are not yet made as a RC body. We DO know that the P905B runs very well on pancars so a 200mm version should be perfect also...

IMO it should not be very hard to make a 200mm version of it...

Joost.
Like this?
Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, that is indeed a 200mm. 905B BUT... It will NOT fit cars like the Asso 10R5 & the CRC because the rear wheels of these cars are 51mm. wide and this body is made for the F103 cars which have rear wheel that are less wide than the Pro10 size rear wheels...

Joost.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You can always narrow the tires on a lathe. But only if you are a slave to fashion
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Yes, that is indeed a 200mm. 905B BUT... It will NOT fit cars like the Asso 10R5 & the CRC because the rear wheels of these cars are 51mm. wide and this body is made for the F103 cars which have rear wheel that are less wide than the Pro10 size rear wheels...
Sorry, this is not correct, I'm running the blade-racing P905 on my CRC and it fits absolutely perfect with the 51mm size wheels, see picture:

But I've another problem. I just got two Mulsanne LMP bodies delivered yesterday from stormerhobbies and I'm not able to find out how the rear wing has to be mounted on the body. There's no hardware included in neither one or the other of both body sets, no wing mounts and also no instructions on how to build them from whatever other material...

Do you have any idea on how this should work?

Would be nice if you could help me...

Regards
Andy
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AndiF
Sorry, this is not correct, I'm running the blade-racing P905 on my CRC and it fits absolutely perfect with the 51mm size wheels, see picture:
I stand corrected... I didn't know this but the picture says enough!!! Looks great!!!

Originally Posted by AndiF
But I've another problem. I just got two Mulsanne LMP bodies delivered yesterday from stormerhobbies and I'm not able to find out how the rear wing has to be mounted on the body. There's no hardware included in neither one or the other of both body sets, no wing mounts and also no instructions on how to build them from whatever other material...

Do you have any idea on how this should work?

Would be nice if you could help me...

Regards
Andy
This hardware should be included with the body so my guess is that the problem lies with Protoform. Why don't you contact them and ask for the hardware? The site says it comes complete with wing and spoiler hardware so...

Joost.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Joost, thanks for the feedback. Yes, that's what I thought, I just wanted to see if there are others having the same problem and how they solved it...
I've already contacted Pro-Line, but haven't got any answer yet...

Rgds, Andy

Last edited by AndiF; 08-28-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

For your info: Just got a reply from Pro-Line. Seems that they had some of the bodies shipped to the distributors with missing hardware. They will provide the missing pieces immediately, just ask for it directly at Pro-Line if you are missing them too.

Great support from Protoform/Pro-Line!

Rgds, Andy
Old 08-28-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hurry up and paint that sucker up , i want to see it mounted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.