Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
NEW! PROTOform "MULSANNE LMP" 200mm PanCar Body >

NEW! PROTOform "MULSANNE LMP" 200mm PanCar Body

Like Tree1Likes

NEW! PROTOform "MULSANNE LMP" 200mm PanCar Body

Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well after running an HPI Saleen, Protoform Corvette and latest Protoform P905B I finally picked up the Mulsanne. I will be painting it up this weekend and will have pics of it on my Gen X 10. I hope to run it this week at an indoor race.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok just finished up the paint and stickers and ready for the track tonight for some testing.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

I hope to get mine mounted and painted up this weekend.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Dale, just so you know, in the UK, GT10 (the BRCA equivalent to WGT) now accepts LMP-style bodies, as long as they have separate wings... In other words, the Mulsanne would be accepted.

We're running Mon-Tech M10s and Team Muso LM-P Type 1s in that style, but the Mulsanne would be amazing to see again!
Old 04-11-2015, 10:36 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
Dale, just so you know, in the UK, GT10 (the BRCA equivalent to WGT) now accepts LMP-style bodies, as long as they have separate wings... In other words, the Mulsanne would be accepted.

We're running Mon-Tech M10s and Team Muso LM-P Type 1s in that style, but the Mulsanne would be amazing to see again!
Hi, it is really a pitty the Mulsanne cannot be get anymore. Do you think the MonTech has comparable downforce like the Mulsanne. I am really straggling to find so well handling body...

Last edited by sbd; 04-11-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi
Do you have a link to your rules for the Gt class. In Denmark we race le Mans class. All Bodies for 200mm pancar are allowed. So far everybody is Racing the corally 962 body. But more and more try the montech body. We mainly use Lilac spec tyres but not a rule. We race sp speedo blinky and 13,5 with max 11 timing. Nearly all race the xray X10. Also hope for this body
Old 04-17-2015, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

pphaneuf: It was only recently that I became aware of the BRCA's GT10 rules. I must confess I like then. I've added an all new 200mm LMP/DP style body to my "to-do" list. It will be a couple months however before it's released.

It seems that timing is everything....and mine has not been too good. When I released a 911GT (the LeMans winner) and then later the Mulsanne body they simply didn't sell because there was no class in place for them. My hope at the time is that these bodies would inspire a class to be born - but alas....it didn't happen.

See post #9 from way back in 2008 Since that rant, the Daytona Prototypes have become some of the most beautiful endurance race cars ever seen imo: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...cale-body.html

Maybe the "3rd time will be the charm" for us. ?

Dale - Protoform
Old 04-17-2015, 03:51 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleepp
pphaneuf: It was only recently that I became aware of the BRCA's GT10 rules. I must confess I like then. I've added an all new 200mm LMP/DP style body to my "to-do" list. It will be a couple months however before it's released.

It seems that timing is everything....and mine has not been too good. When I released a 911GT (the LeMans winner) and then later the Mulsanne body they simply didn't sell because there was no class in place for them. My hope at the time is that these bodies would inspire a class to be born - but alas....it didn't happen.

See post #9 from way back in 2008 Since that rant, the Daytona Prototypes have become some of the most beautiful endurance race cars ever seen imo: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...cale-body.html

Dale - Protoform
Hi Dale,
is there any chance to revive the Mulsanne body. I do not know how your business works, but I guess you don't throw away the molds once you stop offering the product.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Addict

That's some great news! I don't have the full picture, but there's a few other countries in Europe racing 200mm pan cars with a similar "separate wing" rule, for example the DMSU Le Mans class in Denmark, as mentioned by johnsen-dk.

I've read that post before.

There's a big worry here that accepting prototype-style bodies will lead to the "anything for performance" bodies used in traditional 12th scale, with not-scale-at-all "wedge" bodies, hence the "separate wing" rule. People want good looking, evocative cars (not "jelly mould looking nothing like an actual car"!), that still perform well. See this quote from one of the GT10 racers here that pretty much sums it up:

I hope that the best shell producer out there makes a scale shell that works.
We have some nice looking bodies on the GT10 list, like the HPI Honda NSX GT, and the HPI Ford GT, but they're thick/heavy, and aren't really designed for racing. So the main shells are still currently Sophias and Giannas...

The Mon-Tech M10 (inspired by the Toyota GT-One contemporary of the Porsche 911 GT1!), Team Muso LM-P Type1, and Rivall LMP1 2015 have been introduced recently, and have been causing a good deal of excitement, but they have yet to prove themselves in racing (the first two made appearances at the Nationals, haven't seen the Rivall yet).

I feel that Protoform might have the best eye for these sorts of things, after seeing the Mulsanne, your VTA shells (which aren't my thing at all, but achieve a measure of scale look while bringing a measure of good racing performance), the LFA, the PFM-12, the PFM-10, and so on...
Old 04-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sbd
Hi Dale,
is there any chance to revive the Mulsanne body. I do not know how your business works, but I guess you don't throw away the molds once you stop offering the product.
Hi sbd: I'm in Noosa Australia right now on a bit of a holiday, but when I return home I'll look into it. The biggest hangup regarding a "re-introduction" is the injection molded wing struts that were included with those bodies. It was a sourced out part back in the day. The job shop that made them for us lost the mold a long time ago and was never able to find it. (seriously ) It means that we start over again with new injection mold(s) which are time consuming and rather costly to produce. I'm guessing that we'll have the struts back in production about the same time the new 200mm DP body mold is ready to go. They simply go hand-in-hand - design wise.

Dale - Protoform
Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Dale - Protoform
Please say your planning DTPs for 200mm pan cars! I've been asking for that ever since they got rid of the ugly cockpits on the original cars and transformed them into the great racers they are now.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

I feel that Protoform might have the best eye for these sorts of things, after seeing the Mulsanne, your VTA shells (which aren't my thing at all, but achieve a measure of scale look while bringing a measure of good racing performance), the LFA, the PFM-12, the PFM-10, and so on...
Thanks for the kind words. NO WORRIES GREAT BRITAIN! - We'll keep it real looking......and real fast as well!

Dale - Protoform
Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey....I'm lucky enough to have two new Mulsannes unpainted and still in the original plastic. Both bodies were missing the wing standoffs, I contacted Pform and they were here in two days, now that's customer service!!!!! I have been racing 235 10 pan in the summer. We race indoor carpet in the winter and there has been some recent interest in WGT, and I hear the club is relaxing the body rules!!!!! May be time to build CRC 200mm car, also in the original box.

Last edited by THEBIGBULL; 04-18-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

I'm guessing that we'll have the struts back in production about the same time the new 200mm DP body mold is ready to go. They simply go hand-in-hand - design wise.
Would that new prototype-style body also use struts like those? It'd be nice if that could be avoided, with the wing on molded-in risers, similar to touring cars, or to that of the Mon-Tech M10 (but don't look at their wing, except for what not to do!)...

Thanks for the kind words. NO WORRIES GREAT BRITAIN! - We'll keep it real looking......and real fast as well!
We're quite looking forward, I'm sure it'll be great!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

First, congratulations on the new Cadillac ATX, it's beautiful!

And second, does that mean the 200mm LMP is at the top of your to-do list now?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.