R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-28-2008, 02:32 AM   #61
CDW
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to CDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
These are the bodies that should be running in the World GT class. Good stuff Dale!
RB, I agree. That is a great looking body.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 AM   #62
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiF View Post
For your info: Just got a reply from Pro-Line. Seems that they had some of the bodies shipped to the distributors with missing hardware. They will provide the missing pieces immediately, just ask for it directly at Pro-Line if you are missing them too.

Great support from Protoform/Pro-Line!

Rgds, Andy

Hy There !

I also purchased two Mulsanne Bodys and at both the wing mounting parts are missing.
I contacted protoform right now on theyr site, and hope they send me the missing parts.

How long have you waited for it?

Greetz Blueman
Old 09-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #63
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
How long have you waited for it?
I got the reply from Protoform the same day I wrote the email and received the missing hardware three days after their reply.

Rgds,
Andy
Old 09-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #64
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiF View Post
I got the reply from Protoform the same day I wrote the email and received the missing hardware three days after their reply.

Rgds,
Andy
Thx. for your response. Wrote them today, think i will hear monday from them because of the weekend.

Trimmed my body today and will paint it next week when it get warmer. Love the look of it, and also the look of my R9-R Touring car body

Greetz Blueman
Old 09-15-2008, 03:52 AM   #65
Tech Adept

Too bad, the Mulsanne LMPP doesnt look like a real car. i wish it would look more like this...
Der Dicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #66
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Try a different car:

Rob Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #67
Tech Addict

Default Missing Parts

Blueman Austria;

Sorry to hear about the parts missing when you puchased the Mulsanne body. I'm not trying to make excuses for the packaging personel at Proline/Protoform - however I have a hunch regarding the issue that seems to happen only in certain parts of the world.
When I was in Germany in Feb (for the rc hobby tradefair there) I noticed a disturbing pattern/trend when talking to customers from around the world. My guess is that some counties have a few unscrupulous dealers who simply remove one or two staples from the headercard/bag and remove the extras (decals, wing hardware etc) from the bag and re-staple the header card. It seems to me to be beyond being a mere "coinsidence" that some of the same area's of the world are the only ones that have this on-going problem.

Regardless of what's really happened, we appologize for the inconvenience and want to whatever it takes to make sure you are satisfied.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Blueman Austria;

Sorry to hear about the parts missing when you puchased the Mulsanne body. I'm not trying to make excuses for the packaging personel at Proline/Protoform - however I have a hunch regarding the issue that seems to happen only in certain parts of the world.
When I was in Germany in Feb (for the rc hobby tradefair there) I noticed a disturbing pattern/trend when talking to customers from around the world. My guess is that some counties have a few unscrupulous dealers who simply remove one or two staples from the headercard/bag and remove the extras (decals, wing hardware etc) from the bag and re-staple the header card. It seems to me to be beyond being a mere "coinsidence" that some of the same area's of the world are the only ones that have this on-going problem.

Regardless of what's really happened, we appologize for the inconvenience and want to whatever it takes to make sure you are satisfied.

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies

Thx for your statement, but i dont think that my dealer does it, because i was in the shopp when he unpacked the parcel where the body batch comes There where 3 Mulsannes and 3 R9-R bodys from protoform,and the all 3 Mulsannes have missing wingmounts.

Also i know him so many years, that i can say he would not cheat me.

But another question. Do i get the missing parts now from protoform?

I wrote a message last Saturday 13.9.08 over the website by using the contact button. Till now i got no response from there.

Greetings from Austria, Blueman
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #69
Tech Addict

Blueman Austria;

I'll check with our customer service person and let you know asap.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
NEW! PROTOform "MULSANNE LMP" 200mm PanCar Body-blue%2520man%2520group.jpg  
Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
My guess is that some counties have a few unscrupulous dealers who simply remove one or two staples from the headercard/bag and remove the extras (decals, wing hardware etc) from the bag and re-staple the header card. It seems to me to be beyond being a mere "coinsidence" that some of the same area's of the world are the only ones that have this on-going problem.
Dale, I don't see the point. First of all, what does it bring to these unscrupulous dealers to do that? And second, what do you think about that: I had the same problem with two sets bought from stormerhobbies (see my former posts in this thread), which is certainly none of these unscrupulous dealers, do you agree?

I fully agree with blueman austria. For me this is a simple error by Protoform, at least for the first batch of bodies. Something which for me is absolutely ok, things happen and as long as Protoform is providing the missing parts, I don't have any issues with that...I love the Protoform products and hope you will keep up the good quality also in the future.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #71
Tech Addict

AndiF;

Your point is well taken. I was only sharing a "possibility" based on information provided me that seemed to be true and consistent. Dealers/distributors do on occasion have employees that are less than honest as well. (employees with their own "rc racing" agenda)
However - it appears that non of that applies to this Mulsanne wing-strut issue. QUESTION: do you also need the missing parts sent to you?

Dale
Old 09-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #72
Tech Apprentice

Dale,
Many thanks for asking, but as you can see from my former posts I've contacted Protoform directly and I've received the missing parts immediately for both my body sets...thanks again for asking!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Blueman Austria;

I'll check with our customer service person and let you know asap.

Dale

Got a mail from your customer support team tonight (in Europe), i wrote back to confirm the adress. Thanks for your support.

Well it seems that i have to paint my mulsannes and my R9-R this weekend

Greetings Blueman
Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #74
Tech Initiate

Will the Mulsanne fit on a E4? :P
Brinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 AM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Mine had the missing uprights as well the guys at Prline sent them to me I got then=m 2 days after I emailed them.
Good customer service.
anybody run this body yet? how does it handle?
BadBoyRC is offline   Reply With Quote