Wiki Posts
Search

MY NEW CARBON FIBRE TT-01

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i can't agree more.

your NOT talking smack at all. all your trying to say is why invest all the money in a car when you could get the full blown race car for the same price or maybe cheaper Lol

also i hate the diff cases of the model. and the shock towers. its my opinion.

i bought this kit for a tamiya body i wanted only . raced the tt01 once and broke it on purpose.

tamiya is surely skimped on this onroaders.

Originally Posted by cannon
A 415 ??? .. which one? The 415 has been superseded.

All I was saying that spending a lot of money on basic car will never make it as fast as the full blown race models.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Dude,

I think it's very cool and if you like it so what you spent a load on it, it's your masterpiece. So injoy it
Thanks gijoe64, I will enjoy it and I'll race it hard to get the best out of it.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
i can't agree more.

your NOT talking smack at all. all your trying to say is why invest all the money in a car when you could get the full blown race car for the same price or maybe cheaper Lol

also i hate the diff cases of the model. and the shock towers. its my opinion.

i bought this kit for a tamiya body i wanted only . raced the tt01 once and broke it on purpose.

tamiya is surely skimped on this onroaders.
Alot of guys like to do this, this is rc modeling at it's best yes he spent money but his injoyment is more important. We forget that most of the cars on the market are RTR what fun is that we need to be more creative, if you got the bucks spend them on what you like TT01 or a 416 they will all cost the same in the end.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Yikes! trf415msxx mre for 320USD at tamiya usa. That tt01 surely mustve cost at least 400USD. Dont take it personal. Ive spent tons on my first car and Ill never do it again! Instead of buying twice, spend your money wisely once. If you cheap out, you will almost always have to spend double on replacements.

Originally Posted by gijoe64
if you got the bucks spend them on what you like TT01 or a 416 they will all cost the same in the end.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

have you seen the plastic dog bones on the stock kit? there not dog bones more like horse bones.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

LOL i love the motor I gave mine to a friend to put in his durga :P
Old 07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

it looks very nice indeed with very well built quality parts... well, maybe some might suggest to invest the $$$ into other pro kits but this is a hobby, sometimes it's all about passion than speed or performance... with the $$$ most racers spend on their rc cars, i guess i can have my full blown 1 to 1 scale civic track car to perform even faster huh???

sure u can impress a lot of ur frens on track or maybe bring it for some drifting...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

I think people are missing the point, the car has been raced, then modded over time to a new specification. If you just jumped into racing and bought a 415 etc then you are simply a fool. You need to learn the ropes and get good at driving.

Its been a long time since I had been racing, so when I got back to it I raced a very basic car until I felt the need to upgrade.. The car I raced was impossible to upgrade (an Rc boys Voltec fighter) so I looked at getting a ta05 (which was great). But if I could have upgraded gradually then I would have done it.

Our course changes every week, its always small and technical so driving skill is essential, this car will be competitive on the track and I'm looking forward to racing against it.

Now looking at that car makes me want to bling out my ta05
Old 07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are those scoops on the body?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

While It's nice, to buy a high dollar car. In some ways , its more satisfying to build a lesser car to race spec. Besides he might've liked that design or setup over the high-dollar cars, or bought it and could only afford to upgrade slowly. Either way, Very nice car
Old 07-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Qatmix
If you just jumped into racing and bought a 415 etc then you are simply a fool. You need to learn the ropes and get good at driving.

Now looking at that car makes me want to bling out my ta05
-

Good point about leaning the ropes. I'd been out of electric racing for 21 years when I came back this year. Your car doesn't need anything doing to it, it's on rails - and quick !!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KHoff7
What are those scoops on the body?
The scoops are from OOC - oocrcracing.com

Don't they look cool ?? They are designed to help keep the motor or engine cool using air flow.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by crazyjr
While It's nice, to buy a high dollar car. In some ways , its more satisfying to build a lesser car to race spec. Besides he might've liked that design or setup over the high-dollar cars, or bought it and could only afford to upgrade slowly. Either way, Very nice car
That's right, it is very satisfying to build up a car like this. Take a close look at this and and tell me how is differs from any shaft drive touring car, or the original TT01 and how is it different from a TC4 ? They all look pretty similar and when you improve the suspension part of the car the cars are not that different. The trouble is that as soon as you say "TT01", everyone dismisses the car as an uncompetitive newbie car. There are plenty of threads on RCTech where drivers are testing the TT01 to the limit and finding that the performance is more to do with the driver than the car.

Thanks for all your comments guys. I'll keep you informed of my progress and how I get on against qatmix and his TA05MS (or his very fast Voltec Fighter !!). I'll have to catch his 16T motor first !! lol
Regards,

32819toon
Old 07-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Tech Champion

I guess if we all raced the same high cost/spec car life would be pretty dull, so good on you to find a car you like and enjoy using...

thats what it's all about

I do see the valid point about buying something "better" too, but we pay our money and with that, we take our choice.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Default Update

A quick update.

I've dispensed with the 3Racing battery retainer and installed the original one from the TT01, and put velcro on the chassis and batteries. I've removed the rear swaybar as I had a very loose rear end and have gone to hard front springs. I've also added the new Protoform R9F body.
Attached Thumbnails MY NEW CARBON FIBRE TT-01-tt01-r9f-003.jpg   MY NEW CARBON FIBRE TT-01-tt01-r9f-012.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.