R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

againts a ta05ms? good luck man better run ultra stock because that heavy tt01 will traction roll like no other. the s.o.g is thrown off by the heavy diff cases and the top deck that sits on the cases.
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

I notice you have the metal lower arms on the rear of your TT-01. I have the tub chasis still myself. Did not see the need for the upgrade when I wanted to get a Losi Type R later anyway. The reason I ask about your lower control arms in the rear is because I had a loose rear end as well. When I went around the turn/corner the rear would come around on me and it had nothing to do with traction. One of the pros at my track adjusted my droop and that fixed it. So if you have droop screws in yours you might want to try that before you get rid of the sway bars. I run asphalt by the way.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...d/DSC01602.jpg
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP GT 2.0
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"

Last edited by dfiantii; 07-24-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: saving space
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:24 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Lol ill rather buy a tamiya 415...trf...then a fully upgrade a tt01. the car is LIMITED.

i would prefer any BEGINNER to buy the most top of the line car. build it yourself. grow into it. make it faster and faster with skill and better handling. that's the key to winning.

LEARN WITH SOMETHING YOU COULD ADJUST.


if your new start woth something that can keep up with the pack. like hpi sprint or the cyclone s. those are good for people like you that could be unlimited in adjustability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I think people are missing the point, the car has been raced, then modded over time to a new specification. If you just jumped into racing and bought a 415 etc then you are simply a fool.
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Fuck the haters and doubters, build what you want, race what makes you happy.

Practice, practice and more practice will make you faster, not a 41x or any other high end car, at least not until you master the fundamentals.

I think your TT-01 rocks, and if you have the cash, and it makes you happy, do it!

As I recall I had to add about 60g of weight to make my TT-01 legal for my State titles here, so they aren't a pig weight-wise either.
__________________
|--|Hot Bodies Pro 5|-●-|The "F109X"|--|

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #35
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
I notice you have the metal lower arms on the rear of your TT-01. I have the tub chasis still myself. Did not see the need for the upgrade when I wanted to get a Losi Type R later anyway. The reason I ask about your lower control arms in the rear is because I had a loose rear end as well. When I went around the turn/corner the rear would come around on me and it had nothing to do with traction. One of the pros at my track adjusted my droop and that fixed it. So if you have droop screws in yours you might want to try that before you get rid of the sway bars. I run asphalt by the way.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...d/DSC01602.jpg
You're right about the alloy lower arms. They don't have droop screws but only tonight I had the same problem. We were able to add droop by cutting the rear springs a bit shorter and this cured the loose rear end. I now have to dial out some grip !! - what a lovely position to be in !!
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #36
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATC3 View Post
Lol ill rather buy a tamiya 415...trf...then a fully upgrade a tt01. the car is LIMITED.

i would prefer any BEGINNER to buy the most top of the line car. build it yourself. grow into it. make it faster and faster with skill and better handling. that's the key to winning.

LEARN WITH SOMETHING YOU COULD ADJUST.


if your new start woth something that can keep up with the pack. like hpi sprint or the cyclone s. those are good for people like you that could be unlimited in adjustability
LATC3 - you've made your point - more than once !! so you don't like the car - so what - who are you anyway ???
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #37
Tech Addict
 
32819toon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of England
Posts: 580
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Fuck the haters and doubters, build what you want, race what makes you happy.

Practice, practice and more practice will make you faster, not a 41x or any other high end car, at least not until you master the fundamentals.

I think your TT-01 rocks, and if you have the cash, and it makes you happy, do it!

As I recall I had to add about 60g of weight to make my TT-01 legal for my State titles here, so they aren't a pig weight-wise either.
Thanks for the props Dan, much appreciated !! When you look at the layout of the car, it's not much different to any other shaft car out there, and you can build in adjustments. When you weigh up the cost it is about half the cost of upgrading any other car to carbon fibre and alloy, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
__________________
32819toon
VBC Wildfire D08, Yokomo BD7 RS, Schumacher Atom, Tamiya M03, M05 (outdoor Mini), M03RWD, MF01-X, BSR M-Rage, ABC Gambado, Associated TC4 (outdoor car).
32819toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #38
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 129
Default

cutting the spring wont do anything with droop. If there is no droop screw, you have to add spacers inside the shock body to adjust. Cutting the spring will only reduce pre-load, or reduce ride height, when the springs are too long. If you are using stock front suspension, you may want to find stiffer alternatives, since youre on foam tires. Soon, you will see why people advise against dropping tons of money on an econo rc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
You're right about the alloy lower arms. They don't have droop screws but only tonight I had the same problem. We were able to add droop by cutting the rear springs a bit shorter and this cured the loose rear end. I now have to dial out some grip !! - what a lovely position to be in !!
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #39
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 129
Default

Look carefully. tt01, does not have adjustable toe blocks. TT01, has gummy suspension parts. TT01 does not have roll center adjustments. TT01 does not have adjustable castor blocks. TT01 has the motor mounted on the wrong side. TT01 doesn't have adjustable shock positions. and more... NOT MUCH difference, eh? Brand new tb evoIV for can be had for only 250USD. TRF 415msxxMRE can be had for 310USD. No matter how much you try to rationalize, it's only making you foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post
Thanks for the props Dan, much appreciated !! When you look at the layout of the car, it's not much different to any other shaft car out there, and you can build in adjustments. When you weigh up the cost it is about half the cost of upgrading any other car to carbon fibre and alloy, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

I would not worry about what the people who say you should have gotten a high priced car first are jabbering about. I did the same thing you did, more so because I was just starting out and did not know any better. In so doing though I have learned a lot about my car , driving on a track and still intend to learn a lot more before I pumped down 400 for the new car. I got ride of the stock diffs and bought ball diffs and a front one way and oil filled shocks better motor and esc and a bunch of other things but it all helped me to learn and thats what its all about. If someone wants a PC and they could get a cheap windows model or a MAC does the MAC being the best mean thats the way they should go? People learn from the many problems they encounter and starting from scratch helps you do that. I am sure most of the people saying "dude you should have bought this instead" started out with a POS car before they learned the ropes and got to where they are now. Do what your doing man and have fun with it. This is my TT-01 sorry for the big pics don't know how to minimize them just yet.
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=DSC01603.jpg
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP GT 2.0
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #41
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 129
Default

Nobody's trying to humiliate anybody. If one gets offended, it's because they know theyve done wrong. If you enjoyed it so much, why didnt you buy anohter cheap car to hopup? Compare a used 415 and tt01, which car would you get more money for a used car? TT01 in its stock form, is fine. When you start pouring money into it, that's where the problem is. No matter what advise theyre given, people wont listen anyway. Stop being so sensitive.
slomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 799
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

Slomo?
Was that for me? I do not recall saying anything about being humiliated or being offended. I knew after I bought my TT-01 and went out to the track that it was never going to be a match for say a 416 or TC5 but whats done was done and I was going to learn as much as I could even though I was going to pump more money into it. Everyone knows the limitations of the TT-01 compared to other cars but does that mean the poster of this thread should be brow beaten for the path he took or his rationale in making those choices. The only problem I see from what your talking about is if he was taking your money and putting it into this car but he is not and he is happy with his choice. As for me I would rather keep my tt-01 and learn from it and then turn it into a drifter before I take my Losi Type R out on the track to slam up on the boards from lack of practice. No one is getting sensitive here Sir its all good lets keep it that way.
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP GT 2.0
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS
TLR 22 2.0
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

VERY well said

....if you buy a tt01 or any other cheap car its COOL! get to know the hobby.

but when start dumping money in it, your pressing the gas with money flying out the window in a dead end street.


Quote:
Originally Posted by slomo View Post
Nobody's trying to humiliate anybody. If one gets offended, it's because they know theyve done wrong. If you enjoyed it so much, why didnt you buy anohter cheap car to hopup? Compare a used 415 and tt01, which car would you get more money for a used car? TT01 in its stock form, is fine. When you start pouring money into it, that's where the problem is. No matter what advise theyre given, people wont listen anyway. Stop being so sensitive.
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic
 
Mooshu Beef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: State of Insanity
Posts: 790
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I know I'm a "nobody" but I promise I have something good to say.

I've been watching the thread's course through the day, and this isn't the first time that I've seen arguments like this.

Problem 1: Someone who owns a TT-01 shows a cool picture of one hopped up, and says that their car is good, and not your normal TT-01. The definition of "good" can be read as anything from "it drives well enough" <--> "The car has no flaws"

Reaction--> Someone with a car which has more adjustments points out that the TT-01 lacks certain adjustments, like caster, toe blocks (that hold the hingepins), etc.

Reaction--> The person with the TT-01 mentions that the TT-01 does INDEED have these adjustments, you just need to buy the parts to have them. Adds in a "hah!"

Reaction--> Person with more adjustable car points out that you have to buy all the parts to get the adjustment, while they themselves only bought the car with those adjustments ready to go. (hah!)

Reaction--> The person with the TT-01 justifies the buying of the parts by the cheap price of the TT-01, and that practice makes perfect. Upgrading the TT-01 gradually improves both the driver and the car over a period of time, that can eventually compete with higher level cars. (hah!)

Reaction--> etc.

Mix in passionate words, and you have a typical "TT-01 versus the rest of the world" battle.
_________________

Fact: The TT-01 is not as adjustable as most chassis' are. You have to upgrade it.

Fact: A lot of people enjoy upgrading a TT-01 because it makes it their own car. How many identical modded TT-01s have you seen? Now how many different TC5's have you seen?

Fact: A car like a TRF 416 or TC5 may end up being more cost effective since the parts come right away, and you can tune EVERYTHING.

Fact: A person with a TT-01 will take more time to tune/add parts and get it up to speed than a person who buys an expensive car and learns with everything able to tune.
--> One byproduct of this is that the TT-01 owner will have a lot of pride (deserved) by the end of their run, since they've gotten really far with a "bad" chassis.

So I had originally written a LOT more things that were not-so-neutral after this, but I figured if I wanted to help out the situation, I should stay as neutral as possible.

I just hope both sides can understand where the other is coming from. This is a hobby...people do what they want. And while I moved on from the TT-01 just a few weeks ago, I understand the thrill and excitement and utter patience necessary that comes from tuning a TT-01.


People sometimes don't "listen" to the opposing party because what the opposing party might say can come off as offending and an attack. The pure nature of two opposing sides is enough to make both sides feel victim to what the other is saying. If you want people to listen, you have to speak to them rationally.


^^This goes for everybody.
__________________
I am a man of few words.
Mooshu Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

but the tt01 doesn't have hingepins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef View Post
I know I'm a "nobody" but I promise I have something good to say.

I've been watching the thread's course through the day, and this isn't the first time that I've seen arguments like this.

Problem 1: Someone who owns a TT-01 shows a cool picture of one hopped up, and says that their car is good, and not your normal TT-01. The definition of "good" can be read as anything from "it drives well enough" <--> "The car has no flaws"

Reaction--> Someone with a car which has more adjustments points out that the TT-01 lacks certain adjustments, like caster, toe blocks (that hold the hingepins), etc.

Reaction--> The person with the TT-01 mentions that the TT-01 does INDEED have these adjustments, you just need to buy the parts to have them. Adds in a "hah!"

Reaction--> Person with more adjustable car points out that you have to buy all the parts to get the adjustment, while they themselves only bought the car with those adjustments ready to go. (hah!)

Reaction--> The person with the TT-01 justifies the buying of the parts by the cheap price of the TT-01, and that practice makes perfect. Upgrading the TT-01 gradually improves both the driver and the car over a period of time, that can eventually compete with higher level cars. (hah!)

Reaction--> etc.

Mix in passionate words, and you have a typical "TT-01 versus the rest of the world" battle.
_________________

Fact: The TT-01 is not as adjustable as most chassis' are. You have to upgrade it.

Fact: A lot of people enjoy upgrading a TT-01 because it makes it their own car. How many identical modded TT-01s have you seen? Now how many different TC5's have you seen?

Fact: A car like a TRF 416 or TC5 may end up being more cost effective since the parts come right away, and you can tune EVERYTHING.

Fact: A person with a TT-01 will take more time to tune/add parts and get it up to speed than a person who buys an expensive car and learns with everything able to tune.
--> One byproduct of this is that the TT-01 owner will have a lot of pride (deserved) by the end of their run, since they've gotten really far with a "bad" chassis.

So I had originally written a LOT more things that were not-so-neutral after this, but I figured if I wanted to help out the situation, I should stay as neutral as possible.

I just hope both sides can understand where the other is coming from. This is a hobby...people do what they want. And while I moved on from the TT-01 just a few weeks ago, I understand the thrill and excitement and utter patience necessary that comes from tuning a TT-01.


People sometimes don't "listen" to the opposing party because what the opposing party might say can come off as offending and an attack. The pure nature of two opposing sides is enough to make both sides feel victim to what the other is saying. If you want people to listen, you have to speak to them rationally.


^^This goes for everybody.
__________________
MyForum> www.uncovertruth.forumotion.com
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sealing Carbon Fibre DA_cookie_monst Electric On-Road 13 08-13-2006 11:53 AM
Fibre-lyte carbon fibre 12th scale ride height spacers BritRacer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 04-14-2006 07:02 AM
Where to buy Carbon Fibre sheets? Nova F1 Racer Electric On-Road 8 08-12-2005 04:02 PM
CA Glue on Carbon Fibre TRAJ Electric On-Road 49 03-31-2005 01:40 AM
Carbon Fibre or Graphite?? Nitropimp Nitro On-Road 3 05-15-2004 05:14 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net