R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #91
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
That was before he got the TOP car.... A couple of guys were thinking about picking up the car for the same reasons as King of B and decided not to get the car for the same reason a King of B....
i was in that boat.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Judging from what I saw (tail lights) at the K.O. I would say that KOB made a good decision.

See you at the Regionals Mike.

Art

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Judging from what I saw (tail lights) at the K.O. I would say that KOB made a good decision.

Art

King of B has been pretty fast with the TOP sedan...
Old 10-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post

Art
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
King of B has been pretty fast with the TOP sedan...
Thanks guys for the kind words. I have been very impressed with the Top car.

If only TOP could pick up Barry that would be awesome!!!
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm sure it wouldn't happen anytime soon but I would love to see Baker go to Losi. I'm not a Losi fan but I think he could put that car on the radar a little better as well.

I'd really like to see the Baker/AE reunion but I would imagine that's doubtful. It would be cool to see Mr. Baker rockin' a TC5. Can you say Baker edition?
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #96
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

I'm sure Barry will land on his feet, He is one of the R/C industries finest representatives
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #97
Tech Regular

I'm not surprised. Times are tough and manufactures are hurting in a big way. Why have they not responded to this thread defending themselves? None the less Barry will rebound in a big way as always. If I had half the talent Barry Baker has I would focus on running a track (parking lot no overhead) and a huge annual race. If any of you have ever had the pleasure of driving while Barry is on the Mic you would agree that he would make an OUTSTANDING Track Owner/Promoter. To me and my limited r/c experience he ranks up there with there with the BEST IN THE BUSINESS. Scotty Ernst(IIC/Trackside legend) and Mike Boylan(Snowbirds/ Florida legend). Not only are the three mentioned above fast as hell on the track and fun to race with, whenever they are announcing a race no matter what main it is HIJ...Z, you will leave the stand a happy satisfied racer. That is what the paying racers are looking for. I don't know if this is what Barry wants but I believe this is his calling. Somebody please tell me I'm smoking crack. Barry, I'm sorry for smashing your TC3 at Rain City, even though you fixed it and kicked out asses anyway. Go Team Ricks.

Donny Schaff

Last edited by donny; 10-18-2008 at 11:32 AM.
donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #98
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Say it again...

I bought my first Yokomo because of Barry. BB - you'll bring huge value to whomever signs you up.

You are one of the few factory level guys that still knows what a club race is. Best of luck!
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

+1 for club races. I would LOVE to attend something like Snowbirds, but the lack of driving time, and HUGE expense of that amazing event, keeps it out of my reach.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 AM   #100
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDawson View Post
I bought my first Yokomo because of Barry. BB - you'll bring huge value to whomever signs you up.

You are one of the few factory level guys that still knows what a club race is. Best of luck!
Mark is still alive???!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #101
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donny View Post
I'm not surprised at Wolf Hobbies and their reactions, or lack thereof. Times are tough and manufactures are hurting in a big way. Why have they not responded? All that says is GUILTY! None the less Barry will rebound in a big way as always. If I had half the talent Barry Baker has I would focus on running a track (parking lot no overhead) and a huge annual race. If any of you have ever had the pleasure of driving while Barry is on the Mic you would agree that he would make an OUTSTANDING Track Owner/Promoter. To me and my limited r/c experience he ranks up there with there with the BEST IN THE BUSINESS. Scotty Ernst(IIC/Trackside legend) and Mike Boylan(Snowbirds/ Florida legend). Not only are the three mentioned above fast as hell on the track and fun to race with, whenever they are announcing a race no matter what main it is HIJ...Z, you will leave the stand a happy satisfied racer. That is what the paying racers are looking for. I don't know if this is what Barry wants but I believe this is his calling. Somebody please tell me I'm smoking crack. Barry, I'm sorry for smashing your TC3 at Rain City, even though you fixed it and kicked out asses anyway. Go Team Ricks.

Donny Schaff
Donny,

Please dont think Wolf Hobbies has anything to do with this...This is totally Team Magic Ltd.

My contact was with TM directly...in fact they told me not to worry about Wolf..What kind of company says that?

Just to let you know ...Wolf was as mad as I was about this but he can not do anything about it...Please dont put any blame on him or his bussiness..He has always tried to help me in any way he can..and I thank him for that!

Also thanks for the kind words...not only to you but everyone else...

Thanks once again,

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Hey B,

I've never met you and I'm sorry to hear or read what has transpired. I wish you the best of luck and I hope to be able to look at some pictures of a big race in the future with you in them, I don't know if racing will be the same without Barry Baker around.

Take care and good luck.

Ronnie
Old 10-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Thanks again....

I know I feel I still can do well..even win races with the right equipment...but as of right now I am not worried about racing,I am worried about keeping a roof over my head,food on the table and transportation....if racing comes along with that then I am up for it!

Its about the future not just the present!

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM   #104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think it would be nice to see Barry run for Yokomo again. God knows they could use some help getting back in the US market and he did really well with he car. None of us will ever know the true behind the scenes contracts/political type deals that go on but most of us will get a car because of a certain driver. Times are hard for everyone right now so we all have to play the waiting game. Barry is one of the driver's that people are curious to see where they land. Where's Easton, and Toso??? Someone should do a VH1 where are they now RC version.....
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #105
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

i know this has to suck for barry when we talk with him in vegas he was excited and happy to be with magic guess things change so i hope for the best barry races wont be the same with out you their

as for toso and easton billy is still with serpent and working on the off road 1/8 car and for what has been leaked working on changing the sedan a bit

toso just won the sedan nats and has had a pretty killer year with his nitro on road stuff corally droped the ball letting him go but if you would like to see a killer team get kyosho to pony up and sign barry up and pay toso a little more to get him in a electric sedan it would be a great team...