R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default help needed

hi any bro can tell mi which car kit is better TRF416 or TA05MS???

which should i get????
EricR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:18 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricR1 View Post
hi any bro can tell mi which car kit is better TRF416 or TA05MS???

which should i get????
Honestly, I don't consider either to be "better" than the other, but one might be more comfortable for you than the other. I feel both are top-quality cars, & in the right hands, can work beautifully anywhere. That being said though, it does seem that the TA05MS is a fairly aggressive car, so it will probably best reward those who are very smooth & precise in their driving(so it MIGHT not be as forgiving of driving mistakes, as most aggressive cars tend to be). The 416, on the other hand(at least with its out of the box setup) is a VERY forgiving car to drive, it has a LOT of rear grip, so if you make a mistake, you may have an easier time catching it before you really lose control of it(at least that's the way my 416 felt when I first started driving it), but you can still find plenty of steering for it(you just don't use the exact same setups as its predeccessor, the 415 series). Mine can feel good pretty much EVERYWHERE I've tried it so far(& that includes running on carpet & asphalt of varying degrees of grip, so far it hasn't taken long for me to get it drivable on any of them, from rough parking lot tracks to well prepped carpet tracks). Main thing I think though, is what YOU will be comfortable with, & which you can get setup help & parts support for. Just think about those things & go with your gut, I think you'll be happy with your choice in the long run....

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

do they still make the ta05ms? dum question. the trf416 is a newer car with newer features that are more aggressive to race with than the ta05ms is. i currently own a ta05ms and its a great car to have. i seem to beat everybody with its massive turning power that ive noticed other cars dont have. the 416 is a better car in the long run though but i bet you that you could get the ta05 a ton cheaper than the 416 if you have a tight budget.
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thanks alot for info
but i see the tamiya usa and the TRF 416 car kit is discontinue will there be spare and hop up???

i thought the car kit come out early this year only???
EricR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricR1 View Post
thanks alot for info
but i see the tamiya usa and the TRF 416 car kit is discontinue will there be spare and hop up???

i thought the car kit come out early this year only???
I don't believe it's discontinued, though they may be out of stock at the moment(& possibly preparing a variation of it for the Worlds, kinda like the Mark Reinhard Edition versions of the 415), but they are putting out hop ups now(like the spool just came out in the last month or so, & they're finally putting out a new set of suspension blocks, possibly anodized in black if what I heard is right). Just keep looking around for the 416 kit, I'm sure SOMEONE has one in stock....

Go Pokes!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
Tech Champion

A few things to consider- The 416 has the motor positioned more to the rear of the car and is designed for lipo use.

hth

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
A few things to consider- The 416 has the motor positioned more to the rear of the car and is designed for lipo use.

hth
True, & I can attest to the effectiveness of both design features, mine has a LOT of rear grip(I can definitely tell it has a rearward weight bias, which I really don't mind, suits me well), & it can fit SMC's 28C 5000mah hardcased LiPo without ANY modifications(& that pack does appear to be one of the more difficult to fit onto a number of cars, in fact I'm not sure if it'll fit in the '05MS without having to compromise something on the chassis)....

Go Pokes!!!