R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-03-2003, 04:19 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Maybe Novices shouldn't be in stock, then they wouldn't complain about being beat, so the FAST stock drivers have to run 19 or mod. Thats what happened at our track. I am not allowed to run stock, unfortunate because I have about 10 good stock motors, and 2 19 turn motors, and 1 mod motor. (but they are ALL FAST )
Pit Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:12 PM   #62

The same thing has been happening at our track, where all the novices run stock and move up to 19 when they have the experience. This may be only because of low turn-out, but who knows? It might be a shift in the interest of the RC community; maybe stock is moving out. Of course in 10 or 15 years maybe we'll all be running 4 cell Lithium powered brushless sedans and forget what a 19t is, who knows.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 08:49 PM   #63

i don't think forcing a driver to run a class that he doesn't want to will help turn out out all. i'm glad they came out with the 19t motor, if i was forced to run mod instead of stock i would not race at that track. i don't mind 19t because it is faster then a stock motor but still has the apperance of being a budget type motor. (less turning and brush replacement).

pit.... don't go knocking the midnight, i won stock truck at scotties two day this year using one. and if i could find another new one i would buy it. i've also tq'd and won stock buggy using a 1400 battery last year. so there.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #64
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fasttrak
I have been looking for a good source for bulk buying of brushes that are not 3.00-4.00 a pair, any suggestions from the motor gurus and who does bulk selling? Thanks for looking and sorry for the fifty questions.
A friend of mine orders 100 pairs of Reedy 767's for about $115 from our local hobby shop. $1.15 a pair is much more affordable than $3-4-5. I don't know what distributor they're getting these bulk brushes from, but it is available.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:11 PM   #65
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Tenths
Of course in 10 or 15 years maybe we'll all be running 4 cell Lithium powered brushless sedans and forget what a 19t is, who knows.
You read the new XRCCars mag? I think it's not too far away.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ritchie
i don't think forcing a driver to run a class that he doesn't want to will help turn out out all. i'm glad they came out with the 19t motor, if i was forced to run mod instead of stock i would not race at that track. i don't mind 19t because it is faster then a stock motor but still has the apperance of being a budget type motor. (less turning and brush replacement).

pit.... don't go knocking the midnight, i won stock truck at scotties two day this year using one. and if i could find another new one i would buy it. i've also tq'd and won stock buggy using a 1400 battery last year. so there.
Nice!

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Ritchie, check tower hobbies. i am pretty sure they still have some!
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 03:38 PM   #68
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

guys we've been running 19 t in the florida state series for the last 2 years or so we have tried almost every brush in the market and have found that the reedy 767 and the e brushes straight cut or angle cut on the serations work the same. we run them in 12 scale as well in sedan we have basically double the entries at our races due to this even the modified guys drive with us as a second class at our state races, when i went to the nats in colorado the turn out for the option class was pretty good for a class in its efancy. at this years nats in nort carolina airport when the A mainers were asked what would they like to see i d say that about 70% of us said we want a 19 turn class at a national event, so i guess they lisentd as far as the motor you guys should go to fastforeward motors and check them out ive tried the fantom and their which actually was promatch motors they bought the franchise and are doing some extremely fast motors for the last year thier motors have won every single A main at our state races.
Old 09-04-2003, 07:35 PM   #69

pit, thanks i found it.
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:09 PM   #70
Tech Master

HeY!!! ritchie what do you mainly race and did you race mod class w/ the 19t or just prac. with it in. for on-road at scotty's there aint enough guys to run 19t and i don't really car but yeah i'm glad w/ just stock but i would like to try 19t instead of jumping to mod or maybe race mod w/ the new Arconite from Trinity. Does anyone think thats good idea??? or should i just race mod cause i prac. a lil. bit w/ mod.....( I'm running foam tires)
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 PM   #71
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Josh just practice with mod. You don't need to go full out when ripping the throttle on the car. Work on getting smooth with the throttle finger, that's key in mod racing.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:02 PM   #72
Tech Master

HeY!!! Brian i new not to go all out on throttle w/ mod, but i just dont really have time to go down to prac. anymore now w/ school starting . mayb if i really like mod and do decent at it i might switch my rubber car to mod foam and get steal diffs and get 1 or 2 more packs another charger and then race that also at novak. . i doubt it though i'm sure it will take me some time to get any good but o-well we'll see. well c-ya sun. at trackside and for sure ttyl.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:52 PM   #73
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I love this! Weren't we just talking about how AE reps were telling people that this motor was nothing more than a rumor? Gotta Love it. This is the AE "Indiers News Letter." Don't ask me why I still get it.

September 5, 2003

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another edition of the
Team Associated Insider's Newsletter

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sections:

1. New Products
2. Announcements
3. Recent Racing News
4. Nitro Tips
5. Electric Tips

1. New Product

Reedy Spec-19 "Quad-Mag" Motor (announced in an earlier Newsletter, but now
shipping)

Hot on the heels of Reedy's new "Krypton" (Kr) Modified comes the Reedy
19-turn "Spec" class motor. This all-new motor is designed specifically for
all classes of electric spec-class racing -- off road, on road, oval, and
touring car -- and utilizes the Kr's trend-setting four-magnet can,
9mm-sized commutator, laydown brushes, black can, and a distinctive bright
orange endbell. The Spec 19 Quad-Mag is offered with a machine-wound
armature, with separate armatures also available. The "Pro-Formance"
version includes its dyno readout.

Not designed for existing ROAR/ARCOR 19-turn Modified class.

Part number and suggested retail pricing:
#513, Reedy Spec-19 Quad-Mag, 1 each, $54.95
#514, Reedy Spec-19 Quad-Mag (Pro-Formance Dyno'd version), 1 each, $59.95

#510, Hand-wound direct replacement armature for the Reedy Spec-19
Quad-Mag, 1 each, $35.00
#515, Machine-wound direct replacement armature for the Reedy Spec-19
Quad-Mag, 1 each, $19.99

Dealers/distributors: standard discount items

Availability:
Now shipping

Web photo:
http://www.rc10.com/newprod/2003/513_quadmag500.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 05:23 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ha! You know what I'll be running from now on!

-Sushi Boy
Old 09-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to the shoe

In the daytona area we are racing some series races and i have been talking to the racers to make the elec touring class a spec 19t class.I dont run the races and the rules are "Run what you brung" but most of the racers have go to 19t willingly.Keeping the cost of weekly racing low is what makes the 19t motors with fixed timing such a great idea! These motors are realy fast. It just does not make sence to me to make a 19t motor with hand wound arms and adjustable timing when the main goal of a spec class is cost control. If you want all that in a motor run in the modified class.These motors cost as much as a modified too!

Ive been running Peaks Dynasty 19t and was the fastest 19t out there.The track is set up differently each week and we race on fri night . sign up by 4pm at Magnum rc.The races start at 7pm.Come race with us if in the area.Magnums # is 386-763-5699www.magnumrcracing.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc pics 013.jpg (59.9 KB, 267 views)
the shoe is offline   Reply With Quote