R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by R40Victim
I would suggest trying new armatures, 10 times sounds a bit excessive...
Maybe you should explain what excessive means. You can get more time the 4 months on a motor if you cut the comm ever run.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #227
Tech Regular

Only way to know for sure is to measure the comm, excessive only comes from cutting too much off. I don't see the point of cutting a 19T every run, perhaps every race day.
MartynD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, from personal experience, we cut one about 4 times, and couldn't get any more power out of it(horribly lacking). So I replaced the armature, and it ran like new. I don't think we cut too much off, we would only go as deep as needed to remove the tarnished metal.

We don't cut the comm every race, or even every raceday. I just pollish after every run, with comm sticks.
R40Victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #229
Tech Elite

When you get out TQ'd by .04 seconds. That's why you cut the comm every run. And it makes the motor last longer.

Usually, an armature will get faster with more runs. As the comm decreases in circumfrance, the spool-up, and rpm will increase. And torque will pick up if you are running laydown brushes.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #230
Tech Champion

No offense, but .04 seconds wouldn't make me blame equipment. These are "Club Level" guys. Things are close sometimes, and our track really does require some skill to get around. I've been turning wrenches on these Chameleons for several months now, and have learned volumes. It's true, after a few cuts, they did pick up some power, followed by a dramatic decrease. That's why, in this case, I suggested a new armature. I know I'm no guru, but he asked for theories...
Old 03-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #231
Tech Elite

I'm not blaming equipment for the .04 seconds. I could have taken one turn an inch tighter. But if I had rebuilt the motor before that race, I would have been TQ.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #232
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro4Capece
I'm not blaming equipment for the .04 seconds. I could have taken one turn an inch tighter. But if I had rebuilt the motor before that race, I would have been TQ.
WOW....only 1 corner in your race could have been better
Now imagine if you took one corner better in every lap of your race. I'd garuntee u that you would have took TQ that night. In most cases its the best driver that gets the TQ, not the neccessarily the fastest car. There have been nights where I'd have the fastest lap of the night and still not win because over a 5 minute race there are still drivers more consistant then me. Bottom line....equipment can only take you so far, its up to the driver to take you the rest of the way.
Toodeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM   #233
Tech Elite

We both had perfect runs. I'm not saying that equipment wins races, but having bad equipment doesn't help.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:23 PM   #234
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm new to 19t technology. I'd like to know what's a good setup to run outdoor 12th scale racing. I've started with Monster Stock motors and now I want to get started with 19t motors. TIA.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #235
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gene465

Any comments on the Kintetix C2 based 19T motor? I just purchased one and wanted to try it out? Also I had a bad glitching problem on my car which only started after I cut the comm and changed out the brushes. Using the 4499 brushes in my C2pro. I added the heatsinks to the motor endbell and I think that may have caused the glitching as it worked fine before. Anyone use a Arconite as I had one for an oval car built and not interested in oval anymore. the timing is set at 36 what should I bring the timing down to. Plan on putting it in one of my son's cars they run novice run what you brought but mostly everyone is using 19T motors in Novice. Appreciate any help guys! Thanks Gene
gene465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #236
Tech Champion

revzalot

check out team paradigms website. I have been using their brushes and springs that they recommend for each motor.

I've had alot of good luck. For C2 I switched to their 2158 brush and WOW for the TC. Haven't tried it for the 2th scale yet. Still running stock for that.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:44 AM   #237
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info. Will do.
revzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #238
Tech Champion

Hey Gene, are you the same Gene that has a family full of racers, and is trying to exclude the Losi parts supply from your fleet? Wich car is glitching, the TC4 or one of the TC3s? I bet Paul could help you out there, I don't think I've seen his electric glitch at all. Those heat sinks can vibrate and create radio noise, have you upgraded to FM yet?

If this is the wrong Gene, ignore me...except for the advice...
Old 03-24-2005, 11:23 AM   #239
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
I'm new to 19t technology. I'd like to know what's a good setup to run outdoor 12th scale racing. I've started with Monster Stock motors and now I want to get started with 19t motors. TIA.
We will specially tune one for you. I am currently working on my site to make an option for ordering to specify your class of racing to better build motors for each racers class of racing.l
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 PM   #240
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gene465

R40,
Yup that be me is this Brad? No the glitching is on my TC3 I am still building my TC4 right now. I eleminated the problem being the radio and after swapping crystals and receivers around narrowed it down to the motor. I think I got the glitching with the heatsinks. Won't know till I test it at the track. I have been using the FM radio for a couple of months now and the additional radio settings helps out a bit. Still working on my driving though! LOL
gene465 is offline   Reply With Quote