R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Best 1/10 Chassis? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/230061-best-1-10-chassis.html)

badboys886 07-03-2008 05:04 AM

Best 1/10 Chassis?

Jus asking everyone for opinions :p

+ any hop ups for them.

UltegraSTI 07-03-2008 05:13 AM

in terms of touring, like any class, u'll get folks lovin on what they have (or at least want).

go buy something that is well supported by your LHS and that is common to some other folks racing in your area that you can converse with.

common examples are xray and corally pieces, however its hard to look past the cyclone from hot bodies.

and no i dont have 1 at this moment.

R

peterchia41 07-03-2008 05:37 AM

Well like the guy said...

It really depends on who and where you play....

X-Ray... very common and their T2008 seems a winner. Wins some of the major races this year... TITC? Its a good bet to say the T2008 is a good car with a 'reasonable price'...

TRF (Tamiya)... The TRF 416 is another splendid car... I had read that it is awesome on carpet... Proof? Marc and co wins most of the carpet races with a 1-2-3 finish.... LRP, DHI... etc. It is still a force to reckon on other types of surfaces.

Hot Bodies (HPI Racing)... Great Car with Great Drivers! With the years of experience in this field, HB's Cyclone is a foe you don't wanna under-estimate! With Hara, they won the recent ETS Rd...

I currently race a TRF 416... thats not cos its the best.... but .... cos I am a Tamiya fan... from mini 4wd as a kid till now xD... and that was way way back!

rocket-mtrsprts 07-03-2008 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by badboys886 (Post 4599636)
Jus asking everyone for opinions :p
+ any hop ups for them.

:rolleyes:

Logika 07-03-2008 09:56 AM

I still use ancient Xray T1 EVO2 and Axis 2 , but i have seen The new T2 008 on track maybe it`s because of driver, that HPI PRO4 seems to be the local champ and no one can beat him. Mostly it`s up to your experience in setting up the car and actually driving it because all High end versions are the same just up to everthing else.

#88driver 07-03-2008 06:25 PM

that depends on a few things
1 how much money you are willing to spend
2 experience of driver
3 what motor are you running

Drifting101 07-04-2008 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by #88driver (Post 4601610)
that depends on a few things
1 how much money you are willing to spend
2 experience of driver
3 what motor are you running

4 fav color of anodizing:sneaky:

tc3team 07-04-2008 04:36 AM

The best chassis is the one that:

1) You can afford to buy / use
2) You get good results with and like the way it handles
3) You can get parts for easily
4) Your own experience
5) How easy it is to wrench may also be a consideration
6) Motor type used can be an influence too

There is no right or wrong answer... :) One mans meat is another mans poison so the saying goes.

Kajman 07-04-2008 05:10 AM

But am I right, that no one makes now belt driven with belt guard like xxx-s had? Or any new shaft driven worth a look?

rocket-mtrsprts 07-04-2008 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kajman (Post 4602790)
But am I right, that no one makes now belt driven with belt guard like xxx-s had? Or any new shaft driven worth a look?

No, nobody makes an enclosed system. Might have been an over-engineering issue, and it's hard to visually inspect.
Shaft drive car's inherent problem is with torque steer, in that under power the shaft wants to torque the chassis ~ and why everyone that has brought out a new car has gone to best drive.
Shaft drive is a very durable and easy to work on system, but belt drive is superior in performance but just not suited for everyone but the experienced racer.

Kajman 07-04-2008 05:26 AM

And unprotected belt is not very good idea for parking drives :flaming:

Hyde 07-15-2008 11:00 PM

*tamiya*, hot bodies, AE. :)

reenmachine 07-16-2008 12:14 PM

Tamiya TA-05. Discussion over. :smile:

gijoe64 07-16-2008 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kajman (Post 4602790)

I would say a shaft car is the way o go if your running stock! Shaft cars are faster than belt in stock class and smoother. Mod racing killed the shaft car here in the states but in Japan where 23 turn is popular shaft is where it's at.

And Tamiya is the KING!!!!!!!

imjonah 07-16-2008 12:50 PM

"Best" can have many definitions

Are you looking for a whole setup or just a chassis.

If you are just starting out and want to try racing 1/10 scale at a local racing location but you are not certain you want to invest a lot of time and money until you know better if it is something you will like
then:
look for someone selling either a chassis with a ton of spare parts or
someone who is selling everything, radio, chargers, electronics, etc.
(XXX-S and TC3 are very cheap have a ton of parts out there and many are carried by local hobby shops.) 3 or 4 year old X-rays are some of the best deals out there also, their drive train (2 belts), two graphite deck config has become very common in new cars.

If you have the money and want something cutting edge hard to go wrong with X-Ray T2 008