Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hot bodies cyclone HELP please !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love running a spool in my cyclone. With my 2.5turn brushless its pretty much a necessity to run it. I also like the handling. It does seem to push when going into a turn but the locked diff just claws out of the turns. I vastly prefer it over the front one way even when I'm running a stock motor. I don't race on carpet so I don't like the one way.

Just Run the Spool You Will Be Happy,
Corinator
Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Yes but normally when you put the one-way it acts like a diff (each wheels will spins at different speed when you corner).
But will the spool help in this probleme , because normally the spool is a locked diff so it souldn't help maybe im wrong , and could someone tell me when is the spool needed or the one-way .
Thanks
Im not sure what you are referring to here but if its in reply to my post. There is NO setup change that will allow you to use brakes with a one-way (either front, center or both), unless you are talking about light drag brakes on the speedie.

Using a spool or diff with a fixed center pulley will allow you to use brakes if required. Most cyclone drivers seem to prefer the spool on asphalt unless the track is really tight and twisty. The spool has less initial turn in however this also makes the car more stable to drive. The spool has the advantage of allowing you to get on the throttle more aggressively when coming out of a corner.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

^^ what he said.
Corinator
Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
mine i did put it on the tweak station adjusted everything and ride height ........
but i tought of one probleme that it might be maybe im wrong

i tought of that : i am using a diff at the rear and one way pulley front and instead of using a fixed center pulley (normally not used with one way diff) i am using center one way so it means that every time i brake the car brakes with only 2 wheels (the rear wheels) and maybe my diff is not very well adjusted and i dont know how if i know if its well adjusted if anywone could tell me how it will be great full

i thought of putting a fixed center pulley on a one way like this the car would break with 4 wheel drive

and i forgot to mensione that the car , when i break instead of going on the side where there is more weight , (the left of the car where ther is the motor , ESC servo and receiver) if goes to the right where there is only 5 cell the less weight

THANKS
You answered your own question. You are running a one way and it does not matter if it is center or front, you can't brake going into corners. You have to do it before the corner. There is no braking action from a one way period. All the braking comes from the rear. So yeah, you will spin out braking into a corner with a one way. Go to a spool or a diff up front if you want braking front and rear.