TAMIYA F103 RM

Old 01-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How much does a RM or R go for at Champ?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

they are about 9300 yen from champ. Thats about $105 USD
Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default f103

i have a brand new in box f103gt courage with blue motor mount and shock for 100$ [email protected]
Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Master

Excuse me, could somebody tell me:

Which aftermarket body has best aerodynamic performance for any Formula 1 chassis?
Which aftermarket of front and rear wings has best impact proof and best aerodynamic?
Which make and set of compounds of rubber tyres are using commongly?

Best regards
Old 01-30-2009, 03:16 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Excuse me, could somebody tell me:

Which aftermarket body has best aerodynamic performance for any Formula 1 chassis?
Which aftermarket of front and rear wings has best impact proof and best aerodynamic?
Which make and set of compounds of rubber tyres are using commongly?

Best regards
aerodynamics - no idea

front/rear wings - i like tech racing wings, the plastic is kinda flexible and not brittle and prone to cracking, also the front wing end plates pop off in a collision by design so they dont break

rubber tyres - out my way those using rubber tyres are running TRG, rears appear to be soft, front has a choice of hard or medium (i'm getting good results with soft front springs and hard front tyres)
Old 01-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mok
aerodynamics - no idea

front/rear wings - i like tech racing wings, the plastic is kinda flexible and not brittle and prone to cracking, also the front wing end plates pop off in a collision by design so they dont break

rubber tyres - out my way those using rubber tyres are running TRG, rears appear to be soft, front has a choice of hard or medium (i'm getting good results with soft front springs and hard front tyres)
Thanks for your advise about tyres and wings, about my question of bodies is about the choosing the 1 with nice handling, how about the bodies from Cross, TRG and Zen. I don't like so much those from Chevron and those body of year 200X replica version of TRG, to be so much heavy carry of aerodynamics which i don't like so well.

Would somebody make a comment about my opinions, please?

Then I forgot also about the question of the diffuser, which brands are nice, please?

About the shaft, what material was better, carbon or aluminium?

Then i want report something, i saw in redrc.net, somebody in Japan was running Kyosho F1 so finished 2nd position in Amain of 30T class, could somebody tell me if this car is any good then run or not with 1 of those before?

Best regards

Last edited by mac853; 01-30-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 AM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for your advise about tyres and wings, about my question of bodies is about the choosing the 1 with nice handling, how about the bodies from Cross, TRG and Zen. I don't like so much those from Chevron and those body of year 200X replica version of TRG, to be so much heavy carry of aerodynamics which i don't like so well.

Would somebody make a comment about my opinions, please?
i am using the 91M body from TRG...
the reason for this is that this body shape fits lipos without any issue (due to the shape of the side pods)

Then I forgot also about the question of the diffuser, which brands are nice, please?
i like the TRG Carbon Diffuser..
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-f10...th=595_744_888

i have seen the carbon shaft wear quite easily at the grub screw that bites into it.. would also presume that the aluminium shaft doesnt do this, but is heavier and prob would be slower to reach max rpm (guess)

Then i want report something, i saw in redrc.net, somebody in Japan was running Kyosho F1 so finished 2nd position in Amain of 30T class, could somebody tell me if this car is any good then run or not with 1 of those before?
i would say that its as good as the F103... never ran one before though
they all seem to be fairly close in performance, unless you're talking about the seriously expensive high-end F1s like the MLPs, Corally etc...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Best regards
As noted, the grub screw does not seat well with the carbon shaft. I was thinking of machining a piece to fit in the slot for the grub screw to seat against to fix the problem. I have heard rumors of the carbon cracking.

Aluminum bends. Not a major bend, but just enough to tweak it and make the wheel wobble. Be prepared and buy several if you plan to run it.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
hey all... i am in the process of putting back together an old 103RS, and was curious. i have the kit o-ring setup, along with the ball pivot type. which would be better on carpet with foam tires? and any ideas on how to set that particular one up?

any ideas?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
any ideas?
I am running on carpet and run o-ring setup. I am running the R kit tires and basically stock setup. I did shim the front ride height 2mm lower (shim the king pins)30wt oil yellow spring on the shock. And Tamiya ceramic grease on the friction plates.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
I am running on carpet and run o-ring setup. I am running the R kit tires and basically stock setup. I did shim the front ride height 2mm lower (shim the king pins)30wt oil yellow spring on the shock. And Tamiya ceramic grease on the friction plates.
How exactly do you lower the front ride height? When I built my car I wanted to do so but I didn't see a way to do so without shaving the steering block in violation of TCS rules.

Mark
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I sent an email to Champ.

I will be getting parts bags A, B and C (x2)

THEY CAME THROUGH!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I sent an email to Champ.

I will be getting parts bags A, B and C (x2)

THEY CAME THROUGH!
It is so easy.....it should not be that easy. Watch how fast it comes, I bet you have it by mid week next week.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee
It is so easy.....it should not be that easy. Watch how fast it comes, I bet you have it by mid week next week.
They said they did not have them in stock, but they could get them straight from the factory. The hitch being I could not return them or cancel the order once started. As I need most all of the parts to complete my 2 cars from cast offs, I don't think they'll go back. The owners of these 2 cars will be very happy with them when they are complete.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mtveten
How exactly do you lower the front ride height? When I built my car I wanted to do so but I didn't see a way to do so without shaving the steering block in violation of TCS rules.

Mark

Just add shims below the front springs before putting on the e-clip... Give it some trail & error.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.