R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-27-2009, 05:35 PM   #1276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by idwurks View Post
I was told I was using the wrong browser when this happened to me. They told me to use IE instead of mozilla.
Thanks, just tried it in IE and it worked.

I just cant decide what I want to order lol. I want it all!
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #1277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
Does the 15th anniv kit com with a servo? Jk
I can not think of one current on road Tamiya kit that comes with a servo or radio equipment. If you want a servo, you need to get a RTR and those are not "kits". F103's only come in kit form.

Quote:
And how do I convince the race director to allow after market company bodies? Jk
Generous gifts seem to be a universal persuasion tool. JK

I am assuming that you are talking about F1 bodies or... ?? The "how to convince him" depends upon his reasons. Perhaps your race director is on the Tamiya payroll or the race director wants to keep it all F1 style and does not know about other F1 options. Can't make an argument unless you know the logic. You should ask him whats up and then get back to us.
240Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #1278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i was asking about the servo becuz i noticed alot of the pics have tamiya stickers on the servos... and as for the bodies, sadly enuff he couldnt come up with any better reason than the tamiya bodies hold up better... (he's not on the tamiya payroll i assure you.) pretty lame if you ask me... and not only are we not allowed after-market bodies, we can only use the M-type body, nothing against it personally but i prefer to not look like jus another car.. a paint job will make each body diff but its jus like looking at a line of MT proline Crowd Pleazers... it gets old fast.. very fast. but oh well i guess i'll jus have to buy 2 F103Rs so one can wear the gorgeous Chevron 08 body
Old 01-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #1279
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
i was asking about the servo becuz i noticed alot of the pics have tamiya stickers on the servos... and as for the bodies, sadly enuff he couldnt come up with any better reason than the tamiya bodies hold up better... (he's not on the tamiya payroll i assure you.) pretty lame if you ask me... and not only are we not allowed after-market bodies, we can only use the M-type body, nothing against it personally but i prefer to not look like jus another car.. a paint job will make each body diff but its jus like looking at a line of MT proline Crowd Pleazers... it gets old fast.. very fast. but oh well i guess i'll jus have to buy 2 F103Rs so one can wear the gorgeous Chevron 08 body
Those pretty blue aluminum bits are the server mounts. You take the mounting tabs off the servos and sandwich the servo in these with servo tape. On the 15th anniversary edition you'll see that the upper deck mounts to the back screws of the servo mount. I can see where its confusing as every shot of an F103R or RM built without electronics still shows a servo in the car.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #1280
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I’m confused…on both your points…maybe I didn’t read far enough back into the thread…don’t know. The servo thing I kind of get…I could see how someone new to the hobby or the area of F1 could get confused from looking at some of the pictures of the R or RM. But keeping with that, the main pic of the R shows a battery, ESC, and receiver, but nobody has asked if those are included. Plus, that same webpage also states, and I quote:

“ELECTRIC KITS REQUIRE:
(unless stated differently above)
• Radio: 2-Channel with servo(s)
• Battery: 6-cell flat with standard Tamiya connector
• Charger: AC/DC timed or peak for 6-cell battery
• Paint: PS for Polycarbonate/TS for ABS
• Misc. Items: Building and track equipment”

Regarding your second point, what body is legal to run, I’m assuming you’re talking about in the TCS series. As far as I know you can run “ANY” Tamiya F1 car body and wing set, not just the M. It just so happens that Tamiya only has the “M” body in stock. While the selection is unfortunately limited from the hobby shops and Tamiya directly, you can still purchase them on the net from ebay, craigslist, or some overseas hobby shops. As for the 08 Chevron being gorgeous…beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #1281
Tech Elite

i didnt mention aluminum... i mentioned stckers. but thanks anyways =)
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #1282
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Yes, I saw that servo as well. Kind of threw me off, but I think it is just a sticker.

OK, the race director does not have a good reason. It seems to me like an emotional decision not logical. It is sad that it works this way, but no amount of persuasion will convince him other wise unless you know him really well or have a full grid of drivers that just show up with other bodies.
240Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #1283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Thumbs up

courtesy of RED RC:

http://www.redrc.net/2009/01/f1-rcgp-round-1-report/

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~cai36980/F1RCGP/F1RCGP.html
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #1284
Tech Elite

ok i feel as tho you intend to insult my intelligence... i didnt as if the esc etc was included b/c the pictures ON THIS thread do not have tamiya stickers on them. and no i am not talking about TCS legal bodies... this is a club race, i.e. the race director can make any rules he wants.
I do not intend on affending any1 but the first three letters of assume it wat you become when you do it. plz dont assume that i am a newb, or that I am new F1. this would be more of an issue with a sticker on a servo not my intellect.

but i do agree on 1 point out of your whole post. unfortunely it was the last sentence. beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

again not to affend, but others opinons where given and its only fair if i get a chance to validate them of which pertain to me. thank you
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #1285
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack View Post

There are some VERY well done pictures on there.....I am not sure I would want to run my car in the rain.....looks very wet.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #1286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just an FYI...Tamiya USA has the F1 M-Body Kits available now. You'll be paying MSRP, but it's only about $5 more than Tower. Shipping is $7 and probably about the same from Tower. Mine should arrive next week.

Anyone know if someone makes sticker sheets for different F1 teams for rc cars?

Last edited by Apex; 01-28-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #1287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Anyone know if someone makes sticker sheets for different F1 teams for rc cars?
I just asked the exact question on another thread. The response was http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...99e05d32304741. There's a bunch of em!!

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #1288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
I just asked the exact question on another thread. The response was http://d-drivesportsenglish.com/inde...99e05d32304741. There's a bunch of em!!

Cha-Ching...Thanks padailey!!
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:22 PM   #1289
Tech Champion

Quote:
ok i feel as tho you intend to insult my intelligence... i didnt as if the esc etc was included b/c the pictures ON THIS thread do not have tamiya stickers on them. and no i am not talking about TCS legal bodies... this is a club race, i.e. the race director can make any rules he wants.
I do not intend on affending any1 but the first three letters of assume it wat you become when you do it. plz dont assume that i am a newb, or that I am new F1. this would be more of an issue with a sticker on a servo not my intellect.

but i do agree on 1 point out of your whole post. unfortunely it was the last sentence. beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

again not to affend, but others opinons where given and its only fair if i get a chance to validate them of which pertain to me. thank you

That's a bummer your director is being such stiff neck about it. We just run silver cans and any open wheel chassis from any mfg. Sounds like your director is not interested in keeping the class going. We regularly run with TCS and non TCS F103s, Corallys, Futaba Delphias, HPIs, Duratraxs just to make the class. Sorry if we keep trying to point out the obvious, the intention is not to offend. My sincere apology if anything I stated was taken as offensive.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #1290
Tech Champion

I love those D-Drive stickers. My TRG MP4-7 is just plain sweet after using up a quarter sheet last night. I still have the other 3 teams left.