R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-17-2008, 03:25 PM   #1036
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

www.RC-Champ.co.jp has them in stock. Just email them with your address and they will let you know a total. [email protected]

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #1037
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertetto View Post
Does anyone have one of these F103 they want to get rid of? I have would like to trade a mini cooper for one. The mini cooper is nice and dialed. I finished 6th in the A main at Trackside last years TCS race with it.

Thanks for your time.
OK, it's up, with lots of pics. Kind of took a stab at the price so let me know. Didn't think it was unreasonable with the extras.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ts-extras.html
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #1038
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Burns View Post
I've given up resisting. Must get one.... NOW!

Let me know if anyone has a suggestion of in-stock/online retailers with the 15th anniversary 103R.

I live really close to the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, and would love to run this car. If anyone else in the area is running a 103 (any variant) there, let me know.

Thanks!!
Ebay has a few stores out of Asia that are offering the 15th anniversary. Tamiya has yet to distribute body kits to go with it, so you may be better off going to Ultimate in Orange and picking up an F103RM that comes with the body.

You can expect to see at least five F103 types on Saturdays. Hope to see you soon!
240Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #1039
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you're not TCS rules, you could try one of the aftermarket wing and body sets. The TRG ones at RC Mart are nice. D-Drive always has a great selection and I get parts in 5 days from Japan. That's right, break it on Sunday, order Sunday night, parts are at my door Thursday when I get home from work and the car is Fixed by Friday.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #1040
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
Ebay has a few stores out of Asia that are offering the 15th anniversary. Tamiya has yet to distribute body kits to go with it, so you may be better off going to Ultimate in Orange and picking up an F103RM that comes with the body.

You can expect to see at least five F103 types on Saturdays. Hope to see you soon!
Thanks, I will take a closer look at Ebay. I tried the shop that Core Creations had suggested in Japan. They were great to work with, but had run out of stock the day I contacted them...

Do you think the re-issue bodies will be all-new, our will they be like the older Type M and L shells?

Maybe I will go down to Ultimate and get an RM for "Saturday testing" and get the 103R when it's available here. Of course, reenmachine's 103RM for sale looks pretty tempting too. (I'm missing the Central Coast, reenmachine! - I spent many years living in Santa Barbara and Arroyo Grande).

Thanks for the help, and you'll probably see me out in AV soon. I was scoping it out yesterday.
Arthur Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #1041
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
If you're not TCS rules, you could try one of the aftermarket wing and body sets. The TRG ones at RC Mart are nice. D-Drive always has a great selection and I get parts in 5 days from Japan. That's right, break it on Sunday, order Sunday night, parts are at my door Thursday when I get home from work and the car is Fixed by Friday.
I might just have to order one of those bodies for when I (eventually) get the F103R 15th anniversary kit. Since it will probably take me much longer to paint the body than to build the kit, I shoudl probably get started now!

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 AM   #1042
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Burns View Post
Maybe I will go down to Ultimate and get an RM for "Saturday testing" and get the 103R when it's available here. Of course, reenmachine's 103RM for sale looks pretty tempting too. (I'm missing the Central Coast, reenmachine! - I spent many years living in Santa Barbara and Arroyo Grande).
It's been COLD here lately! There was frost on everything this morning. Not cold like my youth in Ohio, but cold to my recalibrated California comfort level!

The 103RM may be gone soon, so LMK if you're interested.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:27 AM   #1043
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
It's been COLD here lately! There was frost on everything this morning. Not cold like my youth in Ohio, but cold to my recalibrated California comfort level!

The 103RM may be gone soon, so LMK if you're interested.
PM Sent
Old 12-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #1044
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Z View Post

I'm lucky enough that my LHS is including a low-nose T-body with the F103R kit price ($279.99 CDN), was pretty well the clincher for me since this is my first F103, and they had the nose and wing in stock for it as well.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #1045
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i'm new to F103. do you guys shave down the foam tires? what diameter is the sweet spot?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:24 PM   #1046
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I read the new release of the M body may make it in time for the Aliso race, but I doubt the time alotted to prep and paint will be enough to avaoid a big scramble.
Therefore, to help my fellow F-1 addicts, I have decided to loosen up the MPH archieves and sell off a few of my vintage NIB Tamiya F-1 bodies. If you are interested, PM me for a list and prices and pics. If you have a favorite, let me know, I may have one held in reserve.
I also have several NIP front and rear wings for those looking for a refresh.
Warning! I have been watching the final round of bidding on ebay and all I can say is OMG. I will be resonable, but will be asking afair price.
414MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM   #1047
Tech Champion

I was pleasantly suprised to see a motor included in the F103R kit...all the other R variations didn't...so that's cool.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #1048
Tech Addict

Hi Guys, I'm another one who's fairly new to the F103 kit.

Hope I could get help in getting one. What's are the difference between the T and M and L and then the 15th anniversary and also the RM?

Thanks.
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #1049
Tech Champion

The F103RM is just the newest version of the F103. It has a few improvements over the original F103 kit that was discontinued several years ago.

The F103RM kit comes in 3 variations....and the only variation is which body you want. The T-a generic style Tyrell body, the M- a generic McLaren style body and the L- a generic Liger style body. I believe the T version was already discontinued and the M and L versions are the ones in production now.

The F103R anniversery edition is a full blown race version with every hopup you can think of...but it does not come with a body or wing set. You would have to get that yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2000racer View Post
Hi Guys, I'm another one who's fairly new to the F103 kit.

Hope I could get help in getting one. What's are the difference between the T and M and L and then the 15th anniversary and also the RM?

Thanks.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #1050
Tech Addict

That makes it so much clearer.

Thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post
The F103RM is just the newest version of the F103. It has a few improvements over the original F103 kit that was discontinued several years ago.

The F103RM kit comes in 3 variations....and the only variation is which body you want. The T-a generic style Tyrell body, the M- a generic McLaren style body and the L- a generic Liger style body. I believe the T version was already discontinued and the M and L versions are the ones in production now.

The F103R anniversery edition is a full blown race version with every hopup you can think of...but it does not come with a body or wing set. You would have to get that yourself.
f2000racer is offline   Reply With Quote