R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #271
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey RX nice job with the body. That couldn't have been easy to paint up. Just remember it's all worth it in the end. I love it!

I'm currently working on a couple of bodies myself. Nothing quite as tasking as that one. I'm painting up a Sauber C12 and a Williams FW18. The Sauber is pretty easy, just black, that's it. The Williams is only two colors also not so bad, but there's a few stickers for it. And the third body, I haven't started, but it's in line to be finished is a brand new Tamiya McLaren MP 4/6. I pulled it on Ebay and it finally arrived. I can't wait to get this one started.

I'll post up some pics when in a couple of days.
Vyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #272
Tech Initiate

rxsevengt - was that brushed from underneath?

looks good btw, what paint, acrylic?
DucatiGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #273
Tech Master

I've got a F103 chassis coming now. Its in a sorry state and will need a bit of TLC (and cash) to get it up and running. However this thread has made me all excited about racing a F1 car at my local club
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 PM   #274
Tech Apprentice

Location: Smashing the wall at the end of the straight @ Ryper Raceway

Hey thanks guys, I've lost count of the brain bleeds it's given me but yeah, I couldn't be happier with how it's coming along.
Quote:
DucatiGary: rxsevengt - was that brushed from underneath?

looks good btw, what paint, acrylic?
It's all been done with Tamiya rattle cans, It's TS paints on the wings and PS paints on the lexan fron the inside. The orange on the Air intake above the drivers head was done from the outside with TS also, As it's impossible to get your hands into the back of the body as it's so narrow. I'll brush the cockpit though, Probably with Tamiya acrylics.

Vyger, Nice choices! The MP4/6 is possibly my favourite F1 of all time with my favourite driver Loking forward to seeing the pics, All of your cars come out awesome!

Thanks Guys
Aaron
Old 09-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #275
Tech Master

I will need a new body for my f103, looking at the ones available I like the chevron 2008 f1 one, however i dont understand how the front spoiler fits. DO you cut out the lexan and fit it over the front wing?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #276
Tech Apprentice

Location: Smashing the wall at the end of the straight @ Ryper Raceway

Yeah, The front splitter, rear wing endplates,helmet, lower side pods, barge boards,winglets , air intake and camera/wing are all seperate parts on the lexan sheet. You end up with ALOT of scrap
Old 09-25-2008, 06:53 AM   #277
Tech Initiate

i cant decide if im looking forward to painting the car up yet or not, especially after hearing the body is in several seperate bits, might be beyond my capabilities!
DucatiGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM   #278
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Update: both cars are running, unpainted. I still have to trim out the cars steering and torque, but they roll around and turn.

I now have Blade front and rear wings in white ready for painting, D-Drive decal sheets (teams included on sheet are Honda, BMW-Sauber, Toyota and a bunch of Marlboro Logos and Potenza Bridgestone tire stickers) and 4 sets of Cross Rear wheels and tires for practice. I put in the 'special' dampers with white springs, 2 piece aluminum servo mounts and turnbuckles last night while I was at it. So close now!

John
Old 09-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #279
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
I will need a new body for my f103, looking at the ones available I like the chevron 2008 f1 one, however i dont understand how the front spoiler fits. DO you cut out the lexan and fit it over the front wing?
That kit is the DEVIL!!!! Reverse facing parts and Japanese instructions. Oh, you know they'er having a laugh over this sick, sick, sick joke. And enough parts to have something go wrong.

The DEVIL!!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #280
Tech Master

ahh...if its that much of a nightmare maybe I will go for a basic cheapy shell for now..

although I like a challenge..

Is there anywhere I can get Vodaphone stickers so i can make a Hamilton McLaren?
Old 09-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Is there anywhere I can get Vodaphone stickers so i can make a Hamilton McLaren?
Now why would you want to go and do that?
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #282
Tech Champion

Quote:
ahh...if its that much of a nightmare maybe I will go for a basic cheapy shell for now..

although I like a challenge..

Check these out.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #283
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Now why would you want to go and do that?
Cause after being a lifelong Ferrari Fan, this year I've changed sides as Hamilton is the most exciting driver I've seen in F1 for a very long time. Although vittel is also great
Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Cause after being a lifelong Ferrari Fan, this year I've changed sides as Hamilton is the most exciting driver I've seen in F1 for a very long time. Although vittel is also great
meh. Haven't been excited at all about Hamilton for some reason, but I guess that's sports for you -- opinions abound!

I am a fan of Vettel and am excited to watch his career unfold. I've liked Alonso since his F1 debut for whatever reason and I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can rise again to the top. I guess I'm just turned off by Hamilton's "nice guy" facade -- to succeed in F1 you must be an absolute egomaniac and suppressing that aspect of your personality has got to be a barrier to success. That's why I've always been drawn to Senna, Alonso, and even M. Schu in his raw, cutthroat moments.

JMO
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #285
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
meh. Haven't been excited at all about Hamilton for some reason, but I guess that's sports for you -- opinions abound!

I am a fan of Vettel and am excited to watch his career unfold. I've liked Alonso since his F1 debut for whatever reason and I'm really looking forward to seeing if he can rise again to the top. I guess I'm just turned off by Hamilton's "nice guy" facade -- to succeed in F1 you must be an absolute egomaniac and suppressing that aspect of your personality has got to be a barrier to success. That's why I've always been drawn to Senna, Alonso, and even M. Schu in his raw, cutthroat moments.

JMO
I get a kick out of the breakout shots of his father in the pits. I see who has ego in that family. Vettel is truly enthusiastic about just driving an F1 car. Love that kid. Alonso, meh, shut up and drive.