R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #226
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: France, Gard, AlŤs
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyger View Post
Dataz; regarding your question about hopups...I would suggest the heatsink, shock and spring kit for the front end and damper post. That's a really good start. I'd also suggest using bearings everywhere.
Thanks for the advice. I thought that F-103 RM had a stock ballbearing set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyger View Post
The stock gearing supplied in the kit is a 64 tooth spur with a 17 tooth pinion. Your final gear ratio will fluctuate depending on the tire size.

I usually run a 94 tooth spur and 24-28 tooth pinion depending on tire size.
I forgot foam tyres and their changing size Which motor do you use with that ratio?
DaTaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #227
Tech Elite
 
reenmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,539
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTaz View Post
Thanks for the advice. I thought that F-103 RM had a stock ballbearing set.
Mine came with full bearings...
__________________
Pete Waydo
2010 Big Fat Turkey Race Mini Cooper AAA Main Champion
*** currently in stasis ***
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #228
Tech Master
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I need to reuduce my initial cost a little... so this is now what I am thinking of getting to start out with:

Tamiya (#49498) F103RM (w/Body)
3Racing (#F103GT-09A) Alum Motor Heatsink
3Racing (#F103GT-22) Alum Friction Damper Post
Tamiya (#54081) F103 Carbon Upper Deck Set
Tamiya (#54088) F103 Servo Mount
Tamiya (#53901) TRF Special Damper F103GT
__________________
TLR 22 4.0, 22-4 2.0, 8IGHT & 8IGHT-E 4.0~XRAY XB2C~AE TC7.1
Tim aka "slakr" ROAR No. 3-119960
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:48 PM   #229
Tech Regular
 
BobbyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The servo saver upgrade is a good buy too!
__________________
"After the third flip, I lost control............"
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #230
Tech Master
 
slakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 1,736
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Yes... but I don't know what part the servo saver is and didn't see it in the hopups on RCMart. I would also like to add the turnbucles, ball studs and ball cups.
__________________
TLR 22 4.0, 22-4 2.0, 8IGHT & 8IGHT-E 4.0~XRAY XB2C~AE TC7.1
Tim aka "slakr" ROAR No. 3-119960
slakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #231
Tech Addict
 
Vyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My bad...I was recently putting together an older f103 kit and it didn't come with bearings. I stand corrected, the new F103RM does include bearings.

OK...regarding the questions about what hopups I've used on the car pictured...I've made a list and included part numbers. Keep in mind I had 90% of what's there already. If you where to make a car like this one you and didn't have anything to start with this is what you would need. I included the quantity you would need to order as well. Good luck and happy shopping.

Part # Description Qty
42120 3x42 Blue Titanium Turnbuckle Set 1
49474 3mm Countersunk Washer Set (Blue) 1
51000 RC Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black) 1
53021 3mm Aluminum Nut 1
53030 850 Sealed Ball Bearing (4) 1
53066 1280 Sealed Bearing (3) 1
53124 3mm Tungsten Diff Ball Set 1
53148 F1 Graphite Friction Plate F103 1
53149 Teflon Friction Pads F103 1
53150 F1 Turnbuckle Tie Rods 1
53273 RC Rear Suspension Ball Mount w/ Blue Shock Mount 1
53876 RC Aluminum Damper Retainer 1
53901 TRF Special Damper (Shock Blue) 1
53902 RC F103GT Aluminum Mtr Mount - Height Adj Blue 1
53907 5x8 Aluminum Ball Connector (Blue (used on damper post only)) 1
53900 .04 Module Spur Gear Set 93T / 104T 1
53767 3x10mm Socket Screw - Round Head (Blue) 3
53379 HCCA Differential Ball Set 1
53159 Anodized Flange Lock Nuts - 4mm (Blue) 1
53873 Setting Spacer Set (for carbon damper stay TA05) 1
53876 Aluminum Damper Retainer - 1mm down type (2 kits needed if using damper post) 1
54081 F103 Carbon Upper Deck (long) 1
54088 F103 Aluminum Servo Mount 1
53534 3x8mm Countersunk Hex Head Screw 2
42122 Blue Titanium Turbuckle Wrench 1
53869 5mm Aluminum Short Ball Nut Blue 1
53163 RC On-road Tuned Spring Set (4WD/FWD Touring Car) 1
53765 3x6mm Socket Screw Round Head Blue - 5pcs 2
54082 F103 Alum Diff Housing 1
54092 F103 Hard Carbon Chassis 1
53766 3x8mm Socket Screw Round Head Blue - 5pcs 1
Vyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #232
ruf
Tech Addict
 
ruf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ruf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyger View Post
I've made a list and included part numbers. Keep in mind I had 90% of what's there already. If you where to make a car like this one you and didn't have anything to start with this is what you would need. I included the quantity you would need to order as well. Good luck and happy shopping.

Part # Description Qty
42120 3x42 Blue Titanium Turnbuckle Set 1
49474 3mm Countersunk Washer Set (Blue) 1
51000 RC Hi-Torque Servo Saver (Black) 1
53021 3mm Aluminum Nut 1
53030 850 Sealed Ball Bearing (4) 1
53066 1280 Sealed Bearing (3) 1
53124 3mm Tungsten Diff Ball Set 1
53148 F1 Graphite Friction Plate F103 1
53149 Teflon Friction Pads F103 1
53150 F1 Turnbuckle Tie Rods 1
53273 RC Rear Suspension Ball Mount w/ Blue Shock Mount 1
53876 RC Aluminum Damper Retainer 1
53901 TRF Special Damper (Shock Blue) 1
53902 RC F103GT Aluminum Mtr Mount - Height Adj Blue 1
53907 5x8 Aluminum Ball Connector (Blue (used on damper post only)) 1
53900 .04 Module Spur Gear Set 93T / 104T 1
53767 3x10mm Socket Screw - Round Head (Blue) 3
53379 HCCA Differential Ball Set 1
53159 Anodized Flange Lock Nuts - 4mm (Blue) 1
53873 Setting Spacer Set (for carbon damper stay TA05) 1
53876 Aluminum Damper Retainer - 1mm down type (2 kits needed if using damper post) 1
54081 F103 Carbon Upper Deck (long) 1
54088 F103 Aluminum Servo Mount 1
53534 3x8mm Countersunk Hex Head Screw 2
42122 Blue Titanium Turbuckle Wrench 1
53869 5mm Aluminum Short Ball Nut Blue 1
53163 RC On-road Tuned Spring Set (4WD/FWD Touring Car) 1
53765 3x6mm Socket Screw Round Head Blue - 5pcs 2
54082 F103 Alum Diff Housing 1
54092 F103 Hard Carbon Chassis 1
53766 3x8mm Socket Screw Round Head Blue - 5pcs 1
This is the most horrible thing that anyone has done for me... BTW, you have 2 sets of diff balls on that list.
__________________
Joe Chen
www.reflexracing.net
ruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #233
Tech Regular
 
BobbyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 251
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Yes... but I don't know what part the servo saver is and didn't see it in the hopups on RCMart. I would also like to add the turnbucles, ball studs and ball cups.
Looks like Vyger has 'em in his list above.
__________________
"After the third flip, I lost control............"
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM   #234
Tech Addict
 
Vyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You can use either set of diff balls. I like the tungsten better; I think they last a bit longer; typically the rings will wear out first.

Reenmachine: Yes, Iíve used the rubber tires before. When Tamiya started selling them in place of the foams everyone I ran with made the change. I thought they worked well, once the car was set up for that type of tire. When youíre running with a group and everyone is using them itís all good. Now if you where the only one running them against a field of foam tire carsÖ.Iíd imagine the foam guys would run away from you, just my opinion.

Slakr: Yes, itís a Star Trek reffrence referenceÖdonít mock me. JK

Foxxrocket: When I paint the interiors of the F1ís I use flat plastic model paint and a brush. Itís not easy but I think itís worth the extra pain.
Vyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #235
Tech Regular
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Has anyone driven the rubber tires yet? I'm really curious to hear about how they work on asphalt compared to foams.
Pete,
We missed you last race.
I ran the foam tires for qualify and ran the TRG rubber tires for the main.
Car got faster with rubber tires.
  • Front : Hard
  • Rear: Soft
I'll try the Medium for the Front next race.
Cal,
MaxSp97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #236
Tech Elite
 
stulec52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,181
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Default

Have you guys seen some of the new items coming from Tamiya ?
1/10 R/C F103R 15th Anniversary Chassis Kit
1/10 R/C F103RM (W/T-Body) (Limited Edition)

I have owned and raced a few of these as far back as 102s, and now have a 103GT, so I hope F1 class gets popular again !
__________________
www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/
www.tamiyaclub.com/
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 PM   #237
Tech Addict
 
Herc Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Any pics floating around?

Paul
Herc Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #238
Tech Elite
 
stulec52's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,181
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to stulec52 Send a message via AIM to stulec52
Default

looks like to be unveiled here : All Japan Plamodel Radicon Show.

There's a big list of new stuff from Tamiya, do a google search for the show!
__________________
www.pmhobbycraft.ca/store/
www.tamiyaclub.com/
stulec52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #239
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Hy Guys!

I am on the way to give my old F103 a second live.

My question is how you assamble and fill your TRFDamper on the car.
I have a set of unused TRF Touring car dampers in my pitbox, and plan to use one for my F103.

Wich oil and spring is recomended?

I think i use 40 oil with 3-hole plate, and the "red" tamiya touring car spring.

Anyone know wich spring is added on the TRF F1 Damper set?

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #240
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Mine came with a white spring. I put the same oil and plate as you did.
__________________
Tamiya 416X/ Tamiya TA-05 IFS/ Losi XXX-SCT/ HPI Baja 5SC/ Tamiya M05/ Tamiya F103/ Tamiya F104/ Team Associated 10R5O/ Kyosho IGT2/
Foxxrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tamiya f103 gt madmiki Australia For Sale/Trade 1 02-04-2009 12:13 AM
looking for a Tamiya F103 GT level-4 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 05-22-2008 04:56 PM
Tamiya F103 GT heavy Australia For Sale/Trade 3 05-15-2006 02:49 AM
WTB: Tamiya buggy & Tamiya f103 stuff rays_tt Australia Wanted to Buy 2 04-20-2006 07:10 AM
Tamiya F103 or F103 Parts MM-F1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 04-24-2004 04:14 PM


Tags
rasta scbc


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:39 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net