R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #1966
Tech Fanatic
 
bakaguyjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atsugi Japan
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwest94 View Post
Just get a new Tamiya part as the 3Racing ones break twice as fast as the Tamiya part and a used one might be bent all ready. Both of the wheel mounts on the F103GT take alot of hits.
__________________
My body projects blog http://rcbodyproject.wordpress.com/
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #1967
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Not sure if this was asked before.. but how to raise the front ride height of the F1? I know the rear has spacers.. but the front?

If i add shims, it only lower the car..
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #1968
Tech Master
 
mild seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,035
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mild seven
Default

There is no real way of raising the front ride height.
mild seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #1969
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mild seven View Post
There is no real way of raising the front ride height.
I guess so too.. was thinking if you guys have other innovative way besides using bigger tires.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 AM   #1970
Tech Master
 
Big Daddy Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 1,725
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Big Daddy Cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
I guess so too.. was thinking if you guys have other innovative way besides using bigger tires.


I think I saw step by step for it on these threads somewhere before but I've done this fix: Disassembled the steering knuckle/front kingpin assembly; I shaved off about 2mm from the bottom of the steering knuckle, reassembled it by placing a 2mm spacer above knuckle then placed the front kingpin spring above it, used a setscrew to fix the kingpin in place (setscrew in inner portion of steering knuckle). These are then sandwiched between the upper and lower front A arms. That's it! You can adjust for proper spacing and suspension travel by adjusting kingpin/setscrew. When your tire diameter is big, place 2mm spacer at bottom of steering knuckle for kit settings. For small diameter tires, put the 2mm spacer above knuckle for extra 2mm ride height. Added bonus of this is that you need not worry about your e clips on the kingpins anymore. You also won't lose any front springs in the event said e clip falls off.
Big Daddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #1971
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool View Post
I think I saw step by step for it on these threads somewhere before but I've done this fix: Disassembled the steering knuckle/front kingpin assembly; I shaved off about 2mm from the bottom of the steering knuckle, reassembled it by placing a 2mm spacer above knuckle then placed the front kingpin spring above it, used a setscrew to fix the kingpin in place (setscrew in inner portion of steering knuckle). These are then sandwiched between the upper and lower front A arms. That's it! You can adjust for proper spacing and suspension travel by adjusting kingpin/setscrew. When your tire diameter is big, place 2mm spacer at bottom of steering knuckle for kit settings. For small diameter tires, put the 2mm spacer above knuckle for extra 2mm ride height.
This is TAC legal i suppose?
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #1972
Tech Master
 
Big Daddy Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Makati, Philippines
Posts: 1,725
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Big Daddy Cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
This is TAC legal i suppose?
I used Tamiya 2mm blue aluminum spacers so there aren't any non-tamiya parts. Shaving off sections from parts doesn't seem to be illegal... Better check with your tamiya organizers though.
Big Daddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #1973
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool View Post
I used Tamiya 2mm blue aluminum spacers so there aren't any non-tamiya parts. Shaving off sections from parts doesn't seem to be illegal... Better check with your tamiya organizers though.
Thanks! i try that..
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:28 AM   #1974
Tech Master
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,076
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default first time in f1 class!

hi boys.i want to get in this wonderful class.
it has been past 10 years from my first electric kit.i kyosho outlaw truck !
for now i am in 1/10 and 1/8 gp class.
now i think its time to buy a clean,quiet,fast and cheap car!
i think that a f1 electric is the way to go.
now!
i want to help me choose one tamiya f1 kit.i want to know
which model i must buy,
what parts i must have as spares[what breaks easy]
which option i must buy.
what tyres is better for outdoor use.
and so on.
everything i must know!!
i have seen in this forum that there are a many guys with very good knowledge here in these cars.so please help me in this!
thanks!
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 AM   #1975
Tech Adept
 
grouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Middletown, CT
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

This might be a dumb question but I gotta know. I want to keep my car TCS legal and need to get a battery for it. The Tamiya website list batteries that are legal but I am having a hard time finding where to buy them. How do I know if a certain Trinity, Duratrax or Orion battery conforms to the list of approved cells.

Sanyo NI-CD 2400, Sanyo NI-MH HV 3000, 3300 & 3600

Panasonic 3000 Ultra Metal Hydride, Panasonic 3000 Stock Metal Hydride

GP (Gold Peak) 3300 & 3700, 4300, 4600

Intellect Batteries 3600, 3800 and LRP 3700, 4200, 4600

EPIC 3800, EP 4600.

Thanks all!
grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #1976
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
hi boys.i want to get in this wonderful class.
it has been past 10 years from my first electric kit.i kyosho outlaw truck !
for now i am in 1/10 and 1/8 gp class.
now i think its time to buy a clean,quiet,fast and cheap car!
i think that a f1 electric is the way to go.
now!
i want to help me choose one tamiya f1 kit.i want to know
which model i must buy,
what parts i must have as spares[what breaks easy]
which option i must buy.
what tyres is better for outdoor use.
and so on.
everything i must know!!
i have seen in this forum that there are a many guys with very good knowledge here in these cars.so please help me in this!
thanks!
If you still can get your hands on a 15th Anniversary F103, that's your best bet. It comes with all the options.

Otherwise go for a F103RM and hopped it up. F103RM stock configuration is pretty good to go.

Tyres - depends on your track. The Tamiyas ones are good enough. There are other brands out there available. Unless you are running TCS, you check with your organisers if there is a restriction.

The F103 is pretty tough.. haven really broke anything even after a few hard knocks. so stocking up on parts not really necessary unless you are pretty far from your LHS, otherwise i say get a spare arm, thrust bearings, the diff balls and lotsa of tyres.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #1977
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch View Post
This might be a dumb question but I gotta know. I want to keep my car TCS legal and need to get a battery for it. The Tamiya website list batteries that are legal but I am having a hard time finding where to buy them. How do I know if a certain Trinity, Duratrax or Orion battery conforms to the list of approved cells.

Sanyo NI-CD 2400, Sanyo NI-MH HV 3000, 3300 & 3600

Panasonic 3000 Ultra Metal Hydride, Panasonic 3000 Stock Metal Hydride

GP (Gold Peak) 3300 & 3700, 4300, 4600

Intellect Batteries 3600, 3800 and LRP 3700, 4200, 4600

EPIC 3800, EP 4600.

Thanks all!
Best way is to check with your local organiser..

In our local TCS, we are running open Nimh and NiCd batteries. Lipos are not allowed.
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #1978
Tech Master
 
fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 1,533
Send a message via MSN to fatboy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Best way is to check with your local organiser..

In our local TCS, we are running open Nimh and NiCd batteries. Lipos are not allowed.
Yo, I thought you sold off your car
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #1979
Tech Elite
 
Arahawak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: A.D. 2030
Posts: 3,444
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Yo, I thought you sold off your car
I got a 15th Anniversary
__________________
Support Bacteria - its the only culture some people have!
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #1980
Tech Master
 
fatboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: singapore
Posts: 1,533
Send a message via MSN to fatboy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
I got a 15th Anniversary
Sweet, I've kept mine and wait for the 104
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tamiya f103 gt madmiki Australia For Sale/Trade 1 02-04-2009 12:13 AM
looking for a Tamiya F103 GT level-4 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 05-22-2008 04:56 PM
Tamiya F103 GT heavy Australia For Sale/Trade 3 05-15-2006 02:49 AM
WTB: Tamiya buggy & Tamiya f103 stuff rays_tt Australia Wanted to Buy 2 04-20-2006 07:10 AM
Tamiya F103 or F103 Parts MM-F1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 04-24-2004 04:14 PM


Tags
rasta scbc


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:04 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net