R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
how would i go about asking him?
To answer the question, these batteries have not been submitted to ROAR for approval. I posted this because I run a track as well and we are a ROAR track that requires ROAR legal lipos. I had a new racer buy them because they were cheap and they were hard cased assuming they were ROAR legal and he was not allowed to run them.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to WhoMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
To answer the question, these batteries have not been submitted to ROAR for approval. I posted this because I run a track as well and we are a ROAR track that requires ROAR legal lipos. I had a new racer buy them because they were cheap and they were hard cased assuming they were ROAR legal and he was not allowed to run them.
I think ROAR is a good thing for the most part; but for some fun "unsactioned" club racing these suckers might fit the bill at almost HALF the cost of the approved packs. Ill wait to see how Ultraline's test go before I order but I'm seriously considering these.
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via MSN to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via Yahoo to Dan/Ultraline

How many racers do you get? It's always good to see tracks turn away racers.... Way to go.

Quote:

Last edited by Dan/Ultraline; 06-23-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Dan/Ultraline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLineMotors View Post
How many racers do you get? It's always good to see tracks turn away racers.... Way to go.
I don't turn away racers. I help racers!!! I helped the racer out with a battery of my own. After a couple of months, he steped into another battery for his racing needs gave me back my battery and he uses the Yeah lipo for drifting and he's a happy new racer .
Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraLineMotors View Post
Better than that to have his battery blow up (due to any number of potential reasons user stupidity caused or not), not be covered by the ROAR insurance, losing our track and costing the city millions of dollars in a law suit.

So for the many tracks that rely on ROAR insurance. Yes it's important!

Paul... also another person that runs race tracks (off-road and on-road).
Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via MSN to Dan/Ultraline Send a message via Yahoo to Dan/Ultraline

Point well taking. Thank you for your input
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubaboy View Post
Better than that to have his battery blow up (due to any number of potential reasons user stupidity caused or not), not be covered by the ROAR insurance, losing our track and costing the city millions of dollars in a law suit.

So for the many tracks that rely on ROAR insurance. Yes it's important!

Paul... also another person that runs race tracks (off-road and on-road).
Old 06-25-2008, 04:30 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Yep same style tabs as the 3200s

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer745 View Post
Does it come with the Align/hyperion style tabs like the 3200 yeah racing pack? Anyone yet to run one?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #23
Tech Addict

I already own 3 of their 3200 packs... Excellent product.. now I guess im gonna have to get about 3-4 of thse as well!!! price is right... Performance was excellent on the 32's...
BillySnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #24
Tech Rookie

Ah well, no Roar tracks within 200 miles so I may have to check one out at some point.

I hope Roar guys are watching this one and doing something about it as we need to keep things from getting too expensive. Cars are hitting 400-500$ for some of the better sedans, if the batteries hit another 100$ or more cause Roar ingnores a pack then it hurts us all. No I'm not saying they are but if Roar approval is to be that important then I worry that we will face spiked prices and a limited number of approved batteries.

Anyone got any info on how they do approval? I'd be interested. I paid 150 almost 3 years ago for Each for my 4800 packs. With Lipos becoming more affordable I sincerly hope that the more affordable ones dont become squeezed out by lack of certification.

http://www.highdesertrcracing.com for racing
http://www.ridgecrestparkflyers.com for flying.

Last edited by Jolly_Roger; 06-26-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Jolly_Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

quick one guys... can this batt fit into m-chassis? thanks
MTX3-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

It says that it will fit any Tamiya chassis so I'd assume that means your M03 as well. I notice you have an F103GT. Could you send me a PM for some pics of it?

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly_Roger View Post
Ah well, no Roar tracks within 200 miles so I may have to check one out at some point.

I hope Roar guys are watching this one and doing something about it as we need to keep things from getting too expensive. Cars are hitting 400-500$ for some of the better sedans, if the batteries hit another 100$ or more cause Roar ignores a pack then it hurts us all. No I'm not saying they are but if Roar approval is to be that important then I worry that we will face spiked prices and a limited number of approved batteries.

Anyone got any info on how they do approval? I'd be interested. I paid 150 almost 3 years ago for Each for my 4800 packs. With Lipos becoming more affordable I sincerely hope that the more affordable ones don't become squeezed out by lack of certification.
Cars hitting $400, I can remember buying a Schumacher SST2000 almost 10 years ago for $200. Spent another $200 on all the CF and aluminum hop ups. The $400 cars today need almost no hop ups. Not a huge change in price overall. Considering the exchange rate todays high end luxury TC's are almost a bargain. And that $200 Schui back in the day has it's counterparts today, Tamiya TT-01, Cyclone S and there are others. And yes you could spend $200 in hop ups for those cars as well. Nothing changed here other than the fact that you can buy that TC with all the bells, whistles and bling that we bought as hop-ups in the past.

When it comes to batteries even a $140 lipo is a better deal than what we had for round cells up until recent. The last couple of years I raced 1/12th only, 4-cell nimh. Good packs were around $55, but I'd have to replace them every 4 months max. I probably spent $700 in batteries over the last couple of years, and that's 4 cell. I've got guys racing at my track, 1 or 2 packs of 4800 lipos for the last year plus and they're still running strong. No way to do that with what we had previously with nimh. You had to have 4-6 packs that you hoped lasted more than 6 months if you we're lucky and careful. $280 max in lipo batteries in the last year for these guys and they're happier than hell with the value and overall savings of their lipos.

As far as approvals, the applications and criteria for battery submittal are all on the ROAR website for anyone to see battery approval. Low priced cells have a place in the market. If Ultraline is the importer of these batteries their would be nothing stopping them from submitting for ROAR approval. The more cells the better, supply and demand and when the supply and the demand are both high then the consumer is the winner. As far as a shortage of ROAR approved lipo cells driving up the market price. I doubt it. With the 25 lipo approvals in less than 6 months I can't really see there being a shortage. That is unless the entire country of China is swallowed up whole by floods and hurricanes. But that wouldn't be any different than what we've endured with nicad or nimh as far back as I go, 15+ years.

So all in all we as consumers are getting more technology, better quality and more performance for nearly the same dollar we spent as racers 10 years ago.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:27 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

can these lipo cells fit into serpent S400? thanks.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #29
Tech Regular

All pms ansered.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
I've got guys racing at my track, 1 or 2 packs of 4800 lipos for the last year plus and they're still running strong.
I thought Lipo batteries were not ROAR approved until this year which would indicate that the 4800 lipos were not ROAR approved. Were these non-ROAR approved batteries run at the same track that didn't allow the Yeah racing lipo because it wasn't ROAR approved?