Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Cant find tires ANYWHERE >_<  Whats going on? >

Cant find tires ANYWHERE >_< Whats going on?

Cant find tires ANYWHERE >_< Whats going on?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Cant find tires ANYWHERE >_< Whats going on?

So ive been looking for a new set of tires for the upcoming summer outdoor season since ill be more active in that...i currently have some RP36s i got in december and they work good and are wearing nicely, has decent life left but i want a backup set of tires...like 32s or even 34s if possible (just tried a set of RP30s and they wore way too fast for my tastes).

Also, i have a friend getting back into the hobby and hes using his old sorex 36rs and getting no traction, i sold him my one-race-day-used RP30s for $10 and he hooked up and won his main. Needless to say, he'll be needing a new set of tires as well in the same range of what im looking for. Ive checked alot of places online, most have nothing in stock...

i know whats going on with the MFR and shumacher and all that jazz but shumacher said they were gonna roll out new compound tires to replace the current out-of-production ones. What i want to know...

1. do any of you know of any super secret websites online that still has 32s, 34s, or 36s (premounts) in stock? NOT sorex.

2. When will shumacher roll out the new tires?

3. why havnt they done so already?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
So ive been looking for a new set of tires for the upcoming summer outdoor season since ill be more active in that...i currently have some RP36s i got in december and they work good and are wearing nicely, has decent life left but i want a backup set of tires...like 32s or even 34s if possible (just tried a set of RP30s and they wore way too fast for my tastes).

Also, i have a friend getting back into the hobby and hes using his old sorex 36rs and getting no traction, i sold him my one-race-day-used RP30s for $10 and he hooked up and won his main. Needless to say, he'll be needing a new set of tires as well in the same range of what im looking for. Ive checked alot of places online, most have nothing in stock...

i know whats going on with the MFR and shumacher and all that jazz but shumacher said they were gonna roll out new compound tires to replace the current out-of-production ones. What i want to know...

1. do any of you know of any super secret websites online that still has 32s, 34s, or 36s (premounts) in stock? NOT sorex.

Thanks.
have fun waiting. You may have to ditch the pre mount idea and go and get you some sorex tire's with Hara inserts and go set TQ Nothing elese out there right now can touch that combo.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

http://nexusracing.com/index.php?cPa...543ae6449aa69d
Old 04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

cooool.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone tried the latest batches of RP36 and CS27?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
have fun waiting. You may have to ditch the pre mount idea and go and get you some sorex tire's with Hara inserts and go set TQ Nothing elese out there right now can touch that combo.

Which hara inserts have been good so far? I noticed they have several types... rubber tires aren't my thing LMAO

-Korey
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Which hara inserts have been good so far? I noticed they have several types... rubber tires aren't my thing LMAO

-Korey
Hara firms have been the ticket. The meds also work but made the car push pretty bad.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

what inserts do you suggest for medium to low traction?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Hara firms have been the ticket. The meds also work but made the car push pretty bad.
Thanks man. Know where we can snag some? I see that speedtech has the ver 1 firms...

-Korey
Old 04-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks man. Know where we can snag some? I see that speedtech has the ver 1 firms...

-Korey
get those. I believe that the version 1 are for regular tire's and ver 2 are for lower profile tire's like the RP's. Double check on that though. It could be the other way around. I want to make sure you get the correct insert.

Syber- These inserts will work in those conditions. It all depends on the tire you put them in and the track temp. When it's hot I'm going with Sorex 36 but in mild temps you can go Sorex 32/firm or med or in cooler temps 28's with med are pretty good.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Alrighty. The type 1's are "thin" and the type 2's are "super thin". So it sounds like you're right. I'll be grabbing a bunch of those then!!!!

-Korey
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Rookie

I know what you mean... its heading into winter here where i am and i cant find any C22 yokomos anywhere. though my local hobby shop Speedi Models LTD is selling C27 yokomos. It seems when we head into winter over here yokomo is making C27 because where they are it is coming into summer and needing high temp tyres..
Old 04-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Alrighty. The type 1's are "thin" and the type 2's are "super thin". So it sounds like you're right. I'll be grabbing a bunch of those then!!!!

-Korey
Korey,
For Socal Raceway R.I.P. we always used Sorex 36, super hard rims (Yokomo, Xenon, etc.) , and either the Hara super thin firm inserts or Yokomo Super Firm thin inserts. Both inserts felt about the same and were always regarded as the tire for Socal. The air gap helps a lot and the firmness works when the traction is high enough to handle them. No air gap and high traction makes the tires overheat and don't let the tire roll as much. If your traction is lower, they may not work as well and you may want to try a softer insert. At BCR Raceway, RP30s work better and some guys have tried the SoCal combo with only mixed results. You'll have to experiment with some stuff especially since original RP30s no longer exist and the new batch aren't the same as the old formula. You'll also want to try some saucing techniques too if you run Sorex, they don't respond to the same sauces that tend to work for RP30s.

Last edited by edseb; 04-29-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC_STUMPY
I know what you mean... its heading into winter here where i am and i cant find any C22 yokomos anywhere. though my local hobby shop Speedi Models LTD is selling C27 yokomos. It seems when we head into winter over here yokomo is making C27 because where they are it is coming into summer and needing high temp tyres..
When people refer to C22 or C27, they usually refer to Take Off CS22s and CS27s, not Yokomo. Yokomo tires don't usually work very well, but your track may be different.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean

Thanks.
Tires are a big deal for everyone, so you aren't alone. Sorex 36s seem to be the best alternative option but don't always work best in every situation. I notice you usually race in Southern California so I'll give you my suggestions for tires that work in your/my area. Original RP30s , not the current new formula, are the hot ticket at BCR, but like you many racers are struggling to find something close to or equal in performance. RP36s feel good, but aren't as fast according to lap times, Sorex 36s work good in some situations depending on heat, traction, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.