R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Futaba 3PK from Asia lesser quality?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/22692-futaba-3pk-asia-lesser-quality.html)

PizzaDude 08-11-2003 03:03 PM

Futaba 3PK from Asia lesser quality??

Is it true that in the Megatech 3PK lesser quality parts are being used.
Like fi the screen?

Anyone know this for sure?

Thanks,
Pizza

smash123 08-11-2003 06:34 PM

PizzaDude: Never heard about it. The Asia version is = Japanese version called MegaTech. Futaba is a Japanese company and most of their product are make in Taiwan. Just like any Japanese product, Japanese keep the best for theirselve. If there is really an existing of less quality of 3PK, then I would say they all called Magnum.

dtm 08-11-2003 07:01 PM

All the TX come from the same factory with different lettering for the different markets. It would be more trouble to have "especially" inferior models for certain markets. The reason why there are differences in price is simply down to shipping cost, TAX and the profit margin each distributer wants to make....not really the quality of material used.

WC 08-11-2003 07:52 PM

Manufacturing costs per-unit are usually only a very small
portion compared to the overall retail price of any object.
(quite often, total TAXes and shipping adds up to MORE
than what the manufacturer's ex-factory wholesale cost is)

The logistics of having multiple 'grades' of any one unit, and
stocking all the parts & spares would negate any benefit.

PizzaDude 08-11-2003 11:08 PM

Thanks, I hear what you're saying is that these are probably rumours to help explain the high prices asked for them in Europe.

But it has been said that the US and Europeversion has a better screen (which is the most expensive component of this TX).

From the reactions so far no-one has the experience of the Japanese modells going broke (more quickly then in the US fi).

Any further input is appreciated.

WC 08-12-2003 12:19 AM

Originally posted by PizzaDude
Thanks, I hear what you're saying is that these are probably rumours to help explain the high prices asked for them in Europe.
Yes, you'll never get anyone in the trade to admit
"local prices are so damned expensive due to the mega markups
charged by the multiple middle-men who are all involved to
import & distribute this item from the factory to your LHS".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

From the reactions so far no-one has the experience of the Japanese modells going broke (more quickly then in the US fi).[/B]
Have heard of some 3PK breaking down after short use.
All have been fixed under warranty satisfactorily, that I can tell.

Like any electronic gadget, it probably pays to do "burn in" when
you first get it. Leave it on for extended periods, use it to the
max. It it doesn't break down in the first few weeks intensive use
then good chance it should soldier on forever.

No reports of ppl breaking the screen on 3PK... yet!
(have heard broken screens for R1 & M8)

rfree02 08-12-2003 07:46 AM

I broke the screen on mine. The wind blew the canopy off the side of the car and it hit my trasnmitter, and the screen smashed when it hit the ground.

I got the manufacturer name off the back of the screen and emailed them asking to buy a replacement so i didnt have to deal with futuba.

He sent me a sample screen for free! Then emailed me and asked when my project was going into production and how many units i would be purchasing....