R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Everyone read this!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/2268-everyone-read.html)

BigDogRacing 01-05-2002 03:23 PM

Everyone read this!!!

This will probably get moved, but I wanted you guys to see it. Once it's moved to some not-so-popular thread, it won't be read very much. Anyway, it was emailed to me and I thought I would share it with you. I'm sure the left-wingers will have a fit over it, but this is reality, and the reality of the situation is that someone somewhere is always going to be offended.

This is an Editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local Newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few
things that those who have recently come to our country and apparently some born here,! need to understand.
This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.
This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!
"In God We Trust" is our national motto. ~ This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

futureal 01-05-2002 04:01 PM

I've always found it humorous that our nation's leaders don't have the balls to pass a law declaring English as the national language. Anybody who would be offended by having a law that declares English our national language ought to get out of this country as soon as possible!

(And don't think I say that because I'm being racist or anti-anything; in fact, I have studied many languages, and I encourage others to do the same. You haven't lived until you can read, write and comprehend a tonal language!)

The fact is, English is about as easy as it gets. And if you already know a language like Spanish or French (for example), learning English should be a snap. Even if you can't deal with the accent, learn to read/write it. I don't see how you can hope to make it in the country otherwise.

Anyway this rant really has little to do with what BigDog posted but what the heck, it's 4PM on a Saturday and I'm sitting in front of a computer. Yo soy lame.

Yokomo Fan 01-05-2002 04:14 PM

Yeah in England we start our "other country" lanuage lessons later then our french counterparts, by some several years, and not just 1 or 2. The French know much more English then we know French, and the same with Germans, they speak English almost fluently. I just find that stupid, just because English is the most speaken language in the whole world, it doesn;'t mean that other languages are less important, I know more than one language by the way, and I really don't like learning French so I've really given up on it because the lessons are so very boring and tedious. I also find English very easy lesson, much easier than French, some people might say that English is the hardest language in the world, pffft, I disagree! I think that Cantonese is quiet hard, although I've never had lessons on it, but I do speak it (Cantonese is the language of Hong Kong, don't mistake it for "chinese")

WailinOnYa 01-05-2002 04:39 PM

In all reality once they are citizens they have the right to complain about whatever they want whether you disagree or not, that is what makes this a free country and if you don't like it that means you don't truly believe in the rights of this country. Not saying that I like hearing people from other countries complain abut how we do things here, or that they can't speak our language and should be able to if they want to be a citizen, but that is what freedom is all about in this country like it or not! As far as who truly belongs here in this country and deserves every right to be here, that would most deffinately go to the American Indians, they were here first and had their lands taken (stolen) from them by our ancestors. In the end they were left with absolutely nothing! They truly are the only ones in this country that deserve the right to complain about anything!

AE_Racer 01-05-2002 05:41 PM

I am learning German along and along, and I want to learn Japanese too. Tschüs!

AE_Racer 01-05-2002 05:54 PM

BTW, anybody here know German that can help me out? Thanks

Yokomo Fan 01-06-2002 03:54 AM

I don't know much German, I didn't take it as a course, cause its nicht gut!

AE_Racer 01-06-2002 07:53 AM

why is it not good?

Yokomo Fan 01-06-2002 08:29 AM

I just like saying NEIN! an DAS ICH NICHT GUT! hehe

Peter Busch 01-06-2002 10:25 AM

I couldn't agree more.

Good artical