R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 AM   #586
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL View Post
Is there a specific brushless rear pod upgrade for the 10R5 or were they already offset for brushless when they came out???????.
As has been said the 10R5 was offset for brushless on release. For a while 12R5 racers were using the rear pod parts to to do the same on 12th cars. Then the 12R5.1 came out

It doesn't take that many parts to fit the 12R5.1 rear end on a 10R5. The bottom pod plate is identical. So just need the two side plates, the rear cross brace and the upper pod plate. Don't have the part numbers to hand (but can look them up latter if it helps anyone).

I've done just that to mine, and the more open rear pod makes getting a brushless motor a lot easier.

Also looked into options to run LiPos along the length of the chassis. The CRC x-plate could work, but the mounting holes are close to the cell slots. The X-Ray mount and plate would be easier to fit.

What I'll be testing is a setup from a 10R5 I've acquired, which give a solid cross brace to mount the centre shock from. Tricky bit is getting the right shock angle...looks ok for a lower 1S pack, but would be a challenge for a 2S pack.

Mark
MarkBurgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
When a car is this good, you don't need to copy the others. The car went out of production, but has been brought back by popular demand, probably because it handles so well out of the box, and doesn't need a trick battery placement to get customers! There was no inventory, now there is some.

I'll be ordering some spare CF parts for mine, as all the rest is the same as the 12R5. Thanks AE, we appreciate the chance to keep the best car in WGT going!
I'm very pleased with mine. I did win the WGT points series at my track. We only had two AEs and we finished 1 - 2 in the series.

I thought that AE would be issuing a new version that we could use a 2S pack for outdoor, large track racing. That seems to be the trend with all the other WGT chassis now.

I wouldn't call it a trick battery placement, the 10R5 was designed around a 4 cell NiMH not a lipo.

Since I have one now that means I will be one less customer for AE.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #588
Tech Initiate

Default Couple of questions

In comparing this car to say the TC3 or TC4 given equivalent motor, electronics, battery, gearing - which would be easier to drive? I am old-school 12th from 15+ years ago and while the TC stuff is interesting, minor driving errors seem to magnify quickly.

Second, a lot of mention is made in this thread about parts fitting between this car and it's 1/12 cousin - is there any value to obtaining a 1/12 kit and the required parts to convert it to the 1/10? Is there a list of parts needed?

Thanks!
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #589
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasracer View Post
In comparing this car to say the TC3 or TC4 given equivalent motor, electronics, battery, gearing - which would be easier to drive? I am old-school 12th from 15+ years ago and while the TC stuff is interesting, minor driving errors seem to magnify quickly.

Second, a lot of mention is made in this thread about parts fitting between this car and it's 1/12 cousin - is there any value to obtaining a 1/12 kit and the required parts to convert it to the 1/10? Is there a list of parts needed?

Thanks!
IMHO all pan car 200mm are better/easy to drive then TC
Cheaper, faster, less maintance, 6 bearings and one diff, what you need more?

But made 10R5 from 12R5 is too expensive, just download manual from ae site, check prices for spares, then go buy kit 10R5

Regards!
m
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:28 AM   #590
CFR
Tech Regular

Wedge BodyShells (like 12th Pan Car)

yes, I know there not 'legal' for race series but I want one to play with

so has anybody tried one on the RC105R or other chassis for that matter?

which ones fit?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #591
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Abramowicz View Post
IMHO all pan car 200mm are better/easy to drive then TC
Cheaper, faster, less maintance, 6 bearings and one diff, what you need more?

But made 10R5 from 12R5 is too expensive, just download manual from ae site, check prices for spares, then go buy kit 10R5

Regards!
m
Pan cars are easy to drive, when set up properly. I used to race TC, but haven't looked back from getting rid of it since I got into pan.
THere is a lot less maintenance, and they are a lot cheaper than TC's for purchase and maintenance, but they take a bit more time to set up and tweak.
To me they are the "drivers" car. Any mug can throw an OK lap with a 4wd and spool, it takes a lot mroe to turn a quick lap with a 2wd

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #592
AE-Reedy

Fresh batch of 10R5 kits will be available this week.
We have had a number of requests for kits since they were discontinued, so they decided to make one more batch.

This will for sure be the last ones made as we used up most of our inventory to fill this batch. Do not fear thou we will still have spare parts available.

Long live Pan Car!
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #593
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Fresh batch of 10R5 kits will be available this week.
We have had a number of requests for kits since they were discontinued, so they decided to make one more batch.

This will for sure be the last ones made as we used up most of our inventory to fill this batch. Do not fear thou we will still have spare parts available.

Long live Pan Car!

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:31 PM   #594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
The reality of the situation is this. Sales for the car were very slow this year.
We ran out of inventory, we have to re-order a minimum amount and felt that was unrealistic to sell in an appropriate amount of time.

There were talks of making an updated kit but again sales figures did not support making another car.

If the racers are serious about continuing with 10R pan car then they need to speak with your shops and have them speak with distributors.
Too bad..i just found out about Pan cars
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #595
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
Too bad..i just found out about Pan cars
http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Team/

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #596
CFR
Tech Regular

Anyone tried the car with the front suspension cross brace (8515) cut or removed completly (but keeping the correct spacing)?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #597
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Help with diff....

Hello, I just bought/built 2 new RC10R5 Ovals this past weekend for my son and I, and I dont think I am getting the diff quite right. I've tightened the diff's by hand and then a bit tighter with a 11/32 socket. When the cars go slow they drive fine, but when I really give them some gas, they both just want to spin around doing donuts, like the left rear wheel is not applying enough power. It also seems like the plastic diff nut is stripped. It tightens too a point and then gets loose.

Do you guys run the stock nylon nut on the diffs, or do you change them out?

Any info on what I could be doing wrong with my diffs.

BTW, I'm new to pan cars, so any help would be appreciative.

Thanks
Dean V.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:41 AM   #598
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
Hello, I just bought/built 2 new RC10R5 Ovals this past weekend for my son and I, and I dont think I am getting the diff quite right. I've tightened the diff's by hand and then a bit tighter with a 11/32 socket. When the cars go slow they drive fine, but when I really give them some gas, they both just want to spin around doing donuts, like the left rear wheel is not applying enough power. It also seems like the plastic diff nut is stripped. It tightens too a point and then gets loose.

Do you guys run the stock nylon nut on the diffs, or do you change them out?

Any info on what I could be doing wrong with my diffs.

BTW, I'm new to pan cars, so any help would be appreciative.

Thanks
Dean V.
If you stripped the nut its too tight, and the nut is done.
Get some new plastic nuts.
There are aluminum locking nuts, but until you get a feel for the adjustment, it might be wise to stick with plastic.

pan cars require a good surface to run on, or they can be a handfull.

Look here for info on setting up a pan car
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html

Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No one has posted here in awhile but just curious. I know they are kind of fading out the 10R5 which sucks. Just wondering if Team Associated is working on a new WGT design? Just picked up a used 10R5 and really like it. Its a very solid car and easy to work on. I have also decided to do my own mods to the chassis and I did run my battery long ways like CRC did in the LE kit. Havent tried it out yet and will this weekend. I will let you know how it goes and will post some picks of the prototype. The car is more ballanced and the weight is more centered.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
No one has posted here in awhile but just curious. I know they are kind of fading out the 10R5 which sucks. Just wondering if Team Associated is working on a new WGT design? Just picked up a used 10R5 and really like it. Its a very solid car and easy to work on. I have also decided to do my own mods to the chassis and I did run my battery long ways like CRC did in the LE kit. Havent tried it out yet and will this weekend. I will let you know how it goes and will post some picks of the prototype. The car is more ballanced and the weight is more centered.
Works perfect! I had to adjust a few things to get more steering but other than that and a sensor wire acting up this weekend. Want to change the aluminum parts I made into the top plate that holds the shock mount to carbon fiber for better looks. Will try and get my camera working to show picks.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote