R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 05:07 AM   #361

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
Oops!!! My bad!!! You're right, the second final all three of us had 18 rounds... Yeah!!!

I don't know if you posted this already, but here are some links to pictures of the race:

http://picasaweb.google.nl/BCAPainti...at=directlink#

http://picasaweb.google.nl/1RichardA...2009Heemstede#
Old 08-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #362
Tech Adept

? about the upper suspension mount active caster settings of 0 5 0r 10 degrees....how does that work? The manual says nothing and I thought you set your caster by the little caster spacers.... I am lost?
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #363
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by microcrazy24 View Post
? about the upper suspension mount active caster settings of 0 5 0r 10 degrees....how does that work? The manual says nothing and I thought you set your caster by the little caster spacers.... I am lost?
the spacers change the caster (inclination of the kingpin, 2 spacers in front make less caster, 2 in back for maximum caster)

the 0 5 10 settings changes the inclination of the upper arm, this makes the caster vary thru the range of suspension travel. (0 means no change, the 10 degree arm gives maximum reduction of the caster during braking,turnin)

i suggest you just try it see the difference for yourself, start with 1 spacer front/rear and 0 blocks. for 1/12 carpet i like the 5, and 1/10 i like the 0. for me 10degree blocks seem unpredictable, turn in varies too much with throttle setting and my thottle control is not perfect
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Has anyone tried using a 1s lipo in their RC10R5, and did you have to make any setup changes to allow for the reduced weight?

Thanks
Skiddins
i was wondering the same.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:19 AM   #365
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TfnG View Post
i was wondering the same.
Will be trying a couple of things out this weekend, as no-one seems to have any response
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've been running 1 cell in my 10R5 for quite some time. So long in fact that I can't remember what I ran for a 4 cell set up. I do know I haven't made drastic changes tho. Maybe a spring or two softer in the center and sides, and maybe 10 wt lighter in oil center and side. I think I was running the manual set up when I was running 4 cell, but I might be off just a bit. HTH.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #367
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Has anyone tried using a 1s lipo in their RC10R5, and did you have to make any setup changes to allow for the reduced weight?

Thanks
Skiddins
I have only had limited testing with the lipo in the 10R5 and no serious racing yet. But I found the car seemed good with out any changes to the set up. I probably won't know more until we get to race at IIC. I am going to try running some here at our local track but I'm not sure what I will be able to learn there.

Andrew is probably right in that, if anything, a little softer springs and oil because the car is lighter now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74VWTECH View Post
Thanks for the info, are you guys using a reciever pack when running the single cell Lipo?
You will need to run either a Rx pack or a voltage booster unless you get a 1s compatable speed control. I personally prefer to run a rx pack, even with 4 cells I ran a rx pack.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #368
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
the spacers change the caster (inclination of the kingpin, 2 spacers in front make less caster, 2 in back for maximum caster)

the 0 5 10 settings changes the inclination of the upper arm, this makes the caster vary thru the range of suspension travel. (0 means no change, the 10 degree arm gives maximum reduction of the caster during braking,turnin)

i suggest you just try it see the difference for yourself, start with 1 spacer front/rear and 0 blocks. for 1/12 carpet i like the 5, and 1/10 i like the 0. for me 10degree blocks seem unpredictable, turn in varies too much with throttle setting and my thottle control is not perfect
Thank you VERY much!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:20 AM   #369
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post

i suggest you just try it see the difference for yourself....
I had had the kit 5 degree setting since I first built it, I don't run 1/12 so I have relied heavily on advice from thos who know better , At the weekend on asphalt I moved to the 10deg setting and used the 3.25deg setting with the spacers, this calmed things down a lot and made it much easier to drive consistantly on asphalt.

Although I haven't yet tried it, I could imaging that using the 10deg setting on carpet might calm thing's down too much as carpet racing is far more fast & furious.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 AM   #370
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
You will need to run either a Rx pack or a voltage booster unless you get a 1s compatable speed control. I personally prefer to run a rx pack, even with 4 cells I ran a rx pack.
Sean what kind of rx pack are you running, something like a rx pack for nitro or smaller?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #371
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74VWTECH View Post
Sean what kind of rx pack are you running, something like a rx pack for nitro or smaller?
I currently am using a 150mah 5cell nimh.
But I got a 350mah lipo pack from some kind of park flyer to try soon.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #372
Tech Adept

sean your still a team driver for associated right?

Is there an advantate to running a receiver pack? Will the extra juice make you any faster?

I know rctvlive has had AE stuff on before. Do you know if the R5 will be on soon?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #373
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by microcrazy24 View Post
sean your still a team driver for associated right?

Is there an advantate to running a receiver pack? Will the extra juice make you any faster?

I know rctvlive has had AE stuff on before. Do you know if the R5 will be on soon?
Yes I work at AE and race for them at certain events.

I just prefer Rx packs. I've raced 12th scale for a long time and just always used one when the situation allowed. I like that the steering speed is faster, stronger and consistant through the whole run.

I have tested with a Novak smart boost and found no performance advantage or dis-advantage when using either one. The Rx pack is a little more compact.
Not that space is an issue in 10th scale.

I'm not sure, the R5 is a year old now so maybe they did a review on a previous episode.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:38 AM   #374
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Smile Lipo stick pack in 10R5 - dilemma

hi!
I know from this forum and internet that there is 3 way for set lipo stick pack in 10R5. (yes I know, saddle pack is more simple but I have 2 stick pack from TC chassis and want it use with 17.5T engine).

1st was moving about 8.5mm shock mount to left side and set pack like this:
Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5-02.jpeg

2nd is set stick pack at center of chassis (full option, but he doesn't replay to my email ):
Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5-01.jpeg
I can do this by my self, some job with dremel and done

3rd a at center but moved a little to right (some pages ago, very nice hand made mod http://www.rctech.net/forum/5970840-post292.html

My 4rd option is like this:
Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5-03.jpeg

But now, what is better? I look to my chassis and found that I must
do some holes for stick GM pack and this allow to fit pack in center line.
All balance job will be done with rx and GM esc.

Or maybe put it at right side, move 2 holes wich is 5min job and add a lot of
lead on left side for L/R balance?

Or maybe don't play and put it like 4rd way and free time set for driving not
dremeling

Can you my Friends advice something?

Regards!
m.a.

ps: url to my files: http://abram.eu.org/files/10R5/LIPOZ/
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/

Last edited by M.Abramowicz; 08-17-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: url to my files
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #375
V12
Tech Elite

I think the 4rd solution won´t work. Seems to me the badest choice of all as the weight is moved too far to the front.
I just converted my BMI DB10R to stick pack Lipos and was something like your 2nd solution with adding some lead weight for better weight distribution. This may be not the lightest version but I think would work best.
As the 10R5 is using long sidelinks you have to mount the ESC far to the front what is not perfect but using additional lead at the right places will be working on my opinion.

Beside this Saddlepack version maybe would work best.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote