R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #301
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiF View Post
Finally, the wide R5 ready-to-run with PF Peugeot P905B HD body I took from my RC10L2...











The car is almost fully balanced without balancing weigt, I only had to add 7.5gr to the right side due to the fact that I determined the battery position using a TC Spec ESC along with a Spektrum SR3500 micro receiver. The now finally used GM Genius 120 ESC with the Spektrum SR300 receiver seem to put up this 7.5gr more weight.

The motor is a Speed Passion Comp 2.0 4.5T laying around since last year...

I'm really looking forward to the roll out...i'll keep you updated...

Cheers Andy
Looks really nice! Did you make the wide pod yourself with a wider top and bottom plate?? Does it comply with the 1200 gram rule as you didn't put any additional weight on it?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #302
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Rear Axle Vibration

Question for all you pan gurus. I notice that when I hold my car off the ground, and give it the throttle, somewhere between 30% and 60% throttle the rear shaft generates a bit of a vibration and resulting noise. I first noticed the sound watching all the WGT cars go down the back straight... and saying to myself "man.. all the pan cars make a strange grinding/wirring noise as they take off". Well.. mine does the same thing.

What causes this? Is there any way to dial it out?
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #303
AE-Reedy
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tire balance or out of round?
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #304
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Tire balance or out of round?
Are you asking me if that is the issue? Cause I don't know... that is why I asked. Every car that goes by at my track makes the same noise under throttle... they aren't soft and quiet like the drive of a typical TC.

Do you have to balance your wheels on a pan car? Cause mine are just cut to 58mm and I ran them there.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #305
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Are you asking me if that is the issue? Cause I don't know... that is why I asked. Every car that goes by at my track makes the same noise under throttle... they aren't soft and quiet like the drive of a typical TC.

Do you have to balance your wheels on a pan car? Cause mine are just cut to 58mm and I ran them there.
I had something similar to this happen to my car recently as well. It was caused by the right rear wheel hub shifting a little off the graphite axle. So the axle was able to "float" a little in the rear pod. I did as someone suggested in this thread and took the hub off the car, but a longer steel bolt in it, tightened it very tight and reinstalled it. No problems with shifting at all with it so far. What Sean said about the tires not being round could be it too. I got in a hurry to cut some rear foams down and didn't tighten the hub on the truer tight enough. Caused my rear tires to become out of round. Made the car stutter and shake a little when accelerating and made the rear skip a little in corners. Hope this helps you
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #306
Tech Apprentice
 
AndiF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Gachnang, Switzerland
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Looks really nice! Did you make the wide pod yourself with a wider top and bottom plate?? Does it comply with the 1200 gram rule as you didn't put any additional weight on it?
The car weighs 1130gr ready-to-run inlcuding body.
Since we don't have any rules (and no races) for Pro10 wide cars in Switzerland, the 1200gr rule is not of any importance for us here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Question for all you pan gurus. I notice that when I hold my car off the ground, and give it the throttle, somewhere between 30% and 60% throttle the rear shaft generates a bit of a vibration and resulting noise. I first noticed the sound watching all the WGT cars go down the back straight... and saying to myself "man.. all the pan cars make a strange grinding/wirring noise as they take off". Well.. mine does the same thing.

What causes this? Is there any way to dial it out?
Possible causes are:
1. worn out axle bearings
2. worn out axle on the spots, where the bearings are sitting
3. bent hubs (right and/or left side) due to a heavy crash
4. bent axle due to a heavy crash
5. crooked rims due to heavy crash
6. worn out rear ride height spacers (bearing holders)

1 and 2 usually can happen due to crash or when the rear axle ride height spacers (bearing holders) have to much of play (see 6), the axle gets worn out and you get the vibration and noise at high revs.
__________________
Team Durango Switzerland - Corally - CRC - IRS - Team Associated
AndiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 AM   #307
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiF View Post
Possible causes are:
1. worn out axle bearings
2. worn out axle on the spots, where the bearings are sitting
3. bent hubs (right and/or left side) due to a heavy crash
4. bent axle due to a heavy crash
5. crooked rims due to heavy crash
6. worn out rear ride height spacers (bearing holders)

1 and 2 usually can happen due to crash or when the rear axle ride height spacers (bearing holders) have to much of play (see 6), the axle gets worn out and you get the vibration and noise at high revs.
Thanks, but unless they come worn, bent, or broken right out of the box.... that's not it.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #308
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the jaco spec foam tires after a day of racing? Or do you even need to clean them at all? All i know, is now my house reeks of paragon from the foam tires on my 10r5. I washed the tires in teh sink using only warm water, but they still stink something feirce.

Clean with simplegreen, rinse with water? Live with the stink? Only keep foam cars in the garage? Thanks for any tips.
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #309
Tech Master
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the jaco spec foam tires after a day of racing? Or do you even need to clean them at all? All i know, is now my house reeks of paragon from the foam tires on my 10r5. I washed the tires in teh sink using only warm water, but they still stink something feirce.

Clean with simplegreen, rinse with water? Live with the stink? Only keep foam cars in the garage? Thanks for any tips.
Live with it/enjoy it or take them off the car and put them in a ziploc.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #310
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the jaco spec foam tires after a day of racing? Or do you even need to clean them at all? All i know, is now my house reeks of paragon from the foam tires on my 10r5. I washed the tires in teh sink using only warm water, but they still stink something feirce.

Clean with simplegreen, rinse with water? Live with the stink? Only keep foam cars in the garage? Thanks for any tips.
Put the tires in a bucket with handwarm water and ordenary washing detergent. Soak it for an hour or so and massage the tires a little first so the detergent can get into the tires . After an hour or so rins it with cold water and massage the water with detergent out of the tires. let dry and voila ...it is done. Works really well and is cheap.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #311
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
Live with it/enjoy it or take them off the car and put them in a ziploc.
It does smell good in some strange way... I just don't want to be killin them brain cells
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #312
Tech Master
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
It does smell good in some strange way... I just don't want to be killin them brain cells
It's the non stinky ones you really have to worry about. Just wait until you use it on carpet, it will smell like traction!
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #313
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
It's the non stinky ones you really have to worry about. Just wait until you use it on carpet, it will smell like traction!
U bringin the 10r5 on Sunday? Im bring my "A" game
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:45 PM   #314
Tech Master
 
mkdut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: RC Retired
Posts: 1,961
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
U bringin the 10r5 on Sunday? Im bring my "A" game
10r5 and the laptop. I have to dial in the Tekin RS.
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #315
Super Moderator
 
Cpt.America's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 11,081
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
10r5 and the laptop. I have to dial in the Tekin RS.
And by "A" game, I mean I am going to try and finish on the same lap as you

(BTW, I always have my laptop and hotwire with me if you ever need a tweak.)
__________________
A big thanks to my sponsors:
- Fantom Racing - www.fantomracing.com -
- Fusion Graphix- www.fusiongraphix.com -
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
>>> BRAND STINKING NEW NEVER RAN TEAM JAMMIN FACTORY TEAM FTE RACING BUGGY <<<< mach51 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-25-2007 09:13 PM
F/S Team Associated Factory Team RC18T with Mamba Comp X Brushless and Extras ZeroCool101 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 01-07-2006 01:54 PM
factory team rc10t4 and factory team rc18t for sale Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 05-26-2005 05:42 AM
New Team Associated FACTORY TEAM TC3 with full BMI BLUE Graphite Chassis LOADED!!! Ron Meloni R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-26-2004 07:09 AM
Incredible Team Associated FACTORY Team 12L3 w/IRS RUG RAT conversion. LOADED!!! Ron Meloni R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 06-06-2004 09:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:15 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net