Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AndiF
Finally, the wide R5 ready-to-run with PF Peugeot P905B HD body I took from my RC10L2...

The car is almost fully balanced without balancing weigt, I only had to add 7.5gr to the right side due to the fact that I determined the battery position using a TC Spec ESC along with a Spektrum SR3500 micro receiver. The now finally used GM Genius 120 ESC with the Spektrum SR300 receiver seem to put up this 7.5gr more weight.

The motor is a Speed Passion Comp 2.0 4.5T laying around since last year...

I'm really looking forward to the roll out...i'll keep you updated...

Cheers Andy
Looks really nice! Did you make the wide pod yourself with a wider top and bottom plate?? Does it comply with the 1200 gram rule as you didn't put any additional weight on it?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Rear Axle Vibration

Question for all you pan gurus. I notice that when I hold my car off the ground, and give it the throttle, somewhere between 30% and 60% throttle the rear shaft generates a bit of a vibration and resulting noise. I first noticed the sound watching all the WGT cars go down the back straight... and saying to myself "man.. all the pan cars make a strange grinding/wirring noise as they take off". Well.. mine does the same thing.

What causes this? Is there any way to dial it out?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tire balance or out of round?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
Tire balance or out of round?
Are you asking me if that is the issue? Cause I don't know... that is why I asked. Every car that goes by at my track makes the same noise under throttle... they aren't soft and quiet like the drive of a typical TC.

Do you have to balance your wheels on a pan car? Cause mine are just cut to 58mm and I ran them there.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Are you asking me if that is the issue? Cause I don't know... that is why I asked. Every car that goes by at my track makes the same noise under throttle... they aren't soft and quiet like the drive of a typical TC.

Do you have to balance your wheels on a pan car? Cause mine are just cut to 58mm and I ran them there.
I had something similar to this happen to my car recently as well. It was caused by the right rear wheel hub shifting a little off the graphite axle. So the axle was able to "float" a little in the rear pod. I did as someone suggested in this thread and took the hub off the car, but a longer steel bolt in it, tightened it very tight and reinstalled it. No problems with shifting at all with it so far. What Sean said about the tires not being round could be it too. I got in a hurry to cut some rear foams down and didn't tighten the hub on the truer tight enough. Caused my rear tires to become out of round. Made the car stutter and shake a little when accelerating and made the rear skip a little in corners. Hope this helps you
Old 06-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Looks really nice! Did you make the wide pod yourself with a wider top and bottom plate?? Does it comply with the 1200 gram rule as you didn't put any additional weight on it?
The car weighs 1130gr ready-to-run inlcuding body.
Since we don't have any rules (and no races) for Pro10 wide cars in Switzerland, the 1200gr rule is not of any importance for us here...

Question for all you pan gurus. I notice that when I hold my car off the ground, and give it the throttle, somewhere between 30% and 60% throttle the rear shaft generates a bit of a vibration and resulting noise. I first noticed the sound watching all the WGT cars go down the back straight... and saying to myself "man.. all the pan cars make a strange grinding/wirring noise as they take off". Well.. mine does the same thing.

What causes this? Is there any way to dial it out?
Possible causes are:
1. worn out axle bearings
2. worn out axle on the spots, where the bearings are sitting
3. bent hubs (right and/or left side) due to a heavy crash
4. bent axle due to a heavy crash
5. crooked rims due to heavy crash
6. worn out rear ride height spacers (bearing holders)

1 and 2 usually can happen due to crash or when the rear axle ride height spacers (bearing holders) have to much of play (see 6), the axle gets worn out and you get the vibration and noise at high revs.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by AndiF
Possible causes are:
1. worn out axle bearings
2. worn out axle on the spots, where the bearings are sitting
3. bent hubs (right and/or left side) due to a heavy crash
4. bent axle due to a heavy crash
5. crooked rims due to heavy crash
6. worn out rear ride height spacers (bearing holders)

1 and 2 usually can happen due to crash or when the rear axle ride height spacers (bearing holders) have to much of play (see 6), the axle gets worn out and you get the vibration and noise at high revs.
Thanks, but unless they come worn, bent, or broken right out of the box.... that's not it.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the jaco spec foam tires after a day of racing? Or do you even need to clean them at all? All i know, is now my house reeks of paragon from the foam tires on my 10r5. I washed the tires in teh sink using only warm water, but they still stink something feirce.

Clean with simplegreen, rinse with water? Live with the stink? Only keep foam cars in the garage? Thanks for any tips.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, what is the best way to clean the jaco spec foam tires after a day of racing? Or do you even need to clean them at all? All i know, is now my house reeks of paragon from the foam tires on my 10r5. I washed the tires in teh sink using only warm water, but they still stink something feirce.

Clean with simplegreen, rinse with water? Live with the stink? Only keep foam cars in the garage? Thanks for any tips.
Live with it/enjoy it or take them off the car and put them in a ziploc.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Put the tires in a bucket with handwarm water and ordenary washing detergent. Soak it for an hour or so and massage the tires a little first so the detergent can get into the tires . After an hour or so rins it with cold water and massage the water with detergent out of the tires. let dry and voila ...it is done. Works really well and is cheap.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by mkdut
Live with it/enjoy it or take them off the car and put them in a ziploc.
It does smell good in some strange way... I just don't want to be killin them brain cells
Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

It does smell good in some strange way... I just don't want to be killin them brain cells
It's the non stinky ones you really have to worry about. Just wait until you use it on carpet, it will smell like traction!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Lord

It's the non stinky ones you really have to worry about. Just wait until you use it on carpet, it will smell like traction!
U bringin the 10r5 on Sunday? Im bring my "A" game
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

U bringin the 10r5 on Sunday? Im bring my "A" game
10r5 and the laptop. I have to dial in the Tekin RS.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

10r5 and the laptop. I have to dial in the Tekin RS.
And by "A" game, I mean I am going to try and finish on the same lap as you

(BTW, I always have my laptop and hotwire with me if you ever need a tweak.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.