R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #166
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4mania View Post
Sean, have a setup for indoor carpet medium sized track and maybe a setup for outdoor asphalt.
For sure on the carpet just start with the kit set up, you shouldn't have to make but minor changes from there to suit you. On asphalt I don't have any experience with this car but again I would start with kit set up and go from there. The asphalt track is mostly going to depend on tires and sauces. If the grip is very low you might have to soften the rear suspension.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #167
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4-RC8 RACER77 View Post
hey sean does the team plan on doing a chassis for the rc10r5 that will take a lipo that would fit in a T4 or B4?? or a saddle pack lipo like the B44.
There hasn't been any discussion about that at this time. If something changes in the rules for the class that allows lipos I'm sure we will look into it.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #168
Tech Adept

Cant wait to get back to the track to test somethings out......only been two weeks and I am going through withdrawals.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:34 PM   #169
Tech Apprentice

Default widening front end

I'm going to try widening the front track by shimming the lower a-arm (4620) out from the block #4614. I will then reset the camber. I will likely need longer steering ball cups. This will widen the car without increasing the scrub radius which happens when you shim the front axle or front wheel. I'll let you know how it works out.

I've been running front pinks on a low to medium grip tight carpet track and was traction rolling. I installed 0.020" springs and widened the front by shimming out the wheels on the front axle which helped. I'll try the lower arm shim over the holidays. This will change the camber gain a bit but we'll see. I can always shim up the top a-arm at the steering block.

Three race nights with this car so far without any problems even with lots of hits. Nothing broke yet. We're about 0.6 second off our 1/12 times. We'll get faster.

Regards,
Etienne
Tuner EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #170
Tech Rookie

I used to do carpet oval way back in the day (10+ yrs) and im getting back into it. i just bought my r5 and wanted to get into this new GT class and was wondering what was a good starting point on a pinion and spur setup. I have a gtb and and a 13.5. thanks for any help guys and girls.

Ken
greg dooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Different 13.5's like a little different gear. I would start with an 88/35 combo indoors on carpet.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #172
AE-Reedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg dooler View Post
I used to do carpet oval way back in the day (10+ yrs) and im getting back into it. i just bought my r5 and wanted to get into this new GT class and was wondering what was a good starting point on a pinion and spur setup. I have a gtb and and a 13.5. thanks for any help guys and girls.

Ken
I ran 36/96 with 2.1" tires in Vegas and Cleveland. This was with LRP motor and SC, you might have to run more gear with a Novak SC.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #173
Tech Adept

Questions??

Hi,

I got a RC10R5 today and was wondering what spares I would need to carry, what springs I need, if there is anywhere with some set ups and last but not least what pinion and spurs I would need being 48 or 64

Cheers in advanced

James
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #174
Tech Apprentice

Default Lipo & steering mod

Lipo

I moved the center shock mount over to the left by 8.5 mm which now gives enough room for a lipo. I installed the shock on the other side of the plate to keep it centered. The car is shown with a spec 2400 lipo for a spec class will be starting soon. I plan on taping the battery in place.
Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5-dsc03100.jpgTeam Associated Factory Team RC10R5-dsc03101.jpg

Steering Mod
For those of you who hit a lot of boards I found that hitting the inside corner with the wheel turn can force the wheel to get pushed past the a-arm holder nut and jam there. This also ruins tires. I installed short allen screws 3mm x 4mm (3x3 would be better) to serve as steering stops. We race on a very small tight track so there is some bumping going on. The AE RC10R5 is good so far. The front parts seem flexible as I haven't broke anything yet after lots of hitting.
Team Associated Factory Team RC10R5-dsc03102.jpg

Servo
I used a servo with a 35oz.in @ 6V rating on 4 cell and it didn't feel right too slow. I changed it to a stronger Futaba S9650.
Tuner EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #175
Tech Rookie

Send a message via MSN to 2fast4u42
Wink yea baby

i went 111.6 mph today with the castle creations mamba max and 9000 motor and a 3s lipo
2fast4u42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #176
Tech Regular

Hi,

at the moment we are developing a LiPo conversion kit for the 10R5 here in Germany. At the moment we are still in an early stage of development as there is a bit of a problem with parts supply but I will keep you posted on this.
As the wide Pro10's are still popular over here there will be a conversion for this aswell.
If you're interested in getting one send me a PM and I will inform you when we have news about pricing and availability.

Regards
Chris