R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #151
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The shock cap stripped off after I tagged a board.

I have a couple of friends that are running the CRC. It is a good chassis as well however you will need to replace the ball studs and screws. The kit hardware breaks easy....very easy.

Personally I would go with the 10R5.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #152

Send a message via Yahoo to T4-RC8 RACER77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
The shock cap stripped off after I tagged a board.

I have a couple of friends that are running the CRC. It is a good chassis as well however you will need to replace the ball studs and screws. The kit hardware breaks easy....very easy.

Personally I would go with the 10R5.
what ball studs r u talk about ?? the studs on the slider tubes?? i got a 450 pcs s.s screw kit that should work as long as the crc is standerd screws??
how is the turning on the rc10r5 to crc car?
T4-RC8 RACER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #153
pmc
Tech Adept

hello

I have a problem with the differential is that with the running the metal part where the left wheel is attached begins to loosen from the tight-axis carbon.

Any solution to solve the problem.

Thanks in Advance

best regards:
Pedro Silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #154
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4-RC8 RACER77 View Post
what ball studs r u talk about ?? the studs on the slider tubes?? i got a 450 pcs s.s screw kit that should work as long as the crc is standerd screws??
how is the turning on the rc10r5 to crc car?

Yeah the ball studs on the slider tubes. They have had problems with them snapping off. not sure on what type of screws the CRC uses. Right now I am trying to dial out steering so I would say it has plenty. My car was set up fairly well for High grip but I would have to say my medium grip set up was less than desireable. Mainly because I left my spring kit at the home so I was unable to do as much adjusting as I would have liked.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have mine dialed at Mikes if you're interested in help Darin. Pretty close to medium grip if you ask me . . .
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #156

Default ok

Quote:
Yeah the ball studs on the slider tubes. They have had problems with them snapping off. not sure on what type of screws the CRC uses. Right now I am trying to dial out steering so I would say it has plenty. My car was set up fairly well for High grip but I would have to say my medium grip set up was less than desireable. Mainly because I left my spring kit at the home so I was unable to do as much adjusting as I would have liked.
i just want to know that i am getting a good car for the money. and everyone else at the track is die hard crc 1/12=1/10 guys, one of the is skip starky, hes won 7 times at cleven! i am a die hard off roader for team associate.T4 - RC8.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #157
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I have mine dialed at Mikes if you're interested in help Darin. Pretty close to medium grip if you ask me . . .

When the holidays are done and I get back to racing I may come up there to Mikes and sit with ya a bit if that is ok. I want to understand the car as well as have a good set up.

I was only starting to get an understanding of what the different adjustments felt like with the TC when we switched to WGT. I am having problems "Feeling" the adjustments I am making on the WGT. Truthfully though I do not have a bunch of track time on the chassis. More time wheeling it around the track would help I am sure.

I will give ya a holler before I come up next time to make sure you will be around. Give a man a meal and he is full for a day, teach him how to fish, hunt, and farm and he will be full for a lifetime......yeah I butchered it but you get the point.....
Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #158
Tech Adept

Quote:
i just want to know that i am getting a good car for the money. and everyone else at the track is die hard crc 1/12=1/10 guys, one of the is skip starky, hes won 7 times at cleven! i am a die hard off roader for team associate.T4 - RC8.
The 10R5 is as good a car if not better than any on the market. Unlike the TC5 I really do not see or have found any weak points in the Chassis.

The CRC is a good car as well. You just have to be careful with the hardware. If most guys are running the CRC you may think about running that chassis just for the fact that you will be able to get set up help. AE really hasnt put alot of Set up infor out so far. Maybe they are still gathering info......also you might be able to cross over the 1/12 scale set ups....not sure.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #159

Default u r right

Quote:
The 10R5 is as good a car if not better than any on the market. Unlike the TC5 I really do not see or have found any weak points in the Chassis.

The CRC is a good car as well. You just have to be careful with the hardware. If most guys are running the CRC you may think about running that chassis just for the fact that you will be able to get set up help. AE really hasnt put alot of Set up infor out so far. Maybe they are still gathering info......also you might be able to cross over the 1/12 scale set ups....not sure.
man u r right about getting set up help. i just hate spending more money on a car and then spend another 50.00 or 75.00 to get it to handle or come off the track in one pcs. Why did u get the rc10r5?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #160
Tech Adept

Quote:
man u r right about getting set up help. i just hate spending more money on a car and then spend another 50.00 or 75.00 to get it to handle or come off the track in one pcs. Why did u get the rc10r5?

Since I get into RC I have always run AE products. I have owned a T3, RC10GT, RC10L3, RC10L4, TC3, TC4, and TC5. I have some experience running the RC10L4 Oval pan car and some of the parts and springs could be used on the new 10R5. So really it made sense for me to just run the 10R5 so that I could use existing parts. Also historically AE provided great set up help......this new car however doesnt have a huge amount of data present but again they may be waiting on data from their factory drivers.

I recently switched form the TC5 to an Xray '008. I just felt it was a better car for Foam TC. Not that the TC5 was a slouch...I had descent luck with it. I had pretty much flatlined on improvement. I tried a friends 008 and improved my laptimes by 5/10 a second per lap after about 2 min on the track. I felt I needed the switch to go to the next level.......well that was off topic....sorry.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #161
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc View Post
hello

I have a problem with the differential is that with the running the metal part where the left wheel is attached begins to loosen from the tight-axis carbon.

Any solution to solve the problem.

Thanks in Advance

best regards:
Pedro Silva
Pedro,
I replaced the left hub screw with a longer steel one (from CRC). Then with the hub off the car I tightened it slightly until the gap (slot) began to close a little. Loosened the screw and installed the hub on the axle and it has not moved since. The steel screw (2-56 thread) allows you to get a better grip with your tool to tighten it securely. Tightening it off the car pinches the hub slightly and gives you better clamp on the axle afterwards.

Good luck
Etienne
Tuner EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #162
AE-Reedy

Quote:
I check in on this forum from time to time and I am willing to answer any set up questions people have.

Honestly I've run the car at 2 races and made minimal changes from the kit set up. In Vegas I changed to inline steering blocks and a copper shock spring. In Cleveland I had to go to .020" springs on the front and I probably should have tried the car with the stock steering blocks but I never did. I tried some different shock oils but didn't find that they made much difference.

You will definately not have to spend $50 dollars getting parts to make this car work. It is extremely good out of the box. The only thing I have broken was a front bumper in Cleveland because I didn't run the foam bumper and the boards were screwed to the floor. My fault not the car.
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 AM   #163
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sean, have a setup for indoor carpet medium sized track and maybe a setup for outdoor asphalt.
Silva Concepts R50 Oval
Custom Works Dominator; FT TC3 Trans Am
t4mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #164

Default hey sean

hey sean does the team plan on doing a chassis for the rc10r5 that will take a lipo that would fit in a T4 or B4?? or a saddle pack lipo like the B44.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #165
pmc
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner EM View Post
Pedro,
I replaced the left hub screw with a longer steel one (from CRC). Then with the hub off the car I tightened it slightly until the gap (slot) began to close a little. Loosened the screw and installed the hub on the axle and it has not moved since. The steel screw (2-56 thread) allows you to get a better grip with your tool to tighten it securely. Tightening it off the car pinches the hub slightly and gives you better clamp on the axle afterwards.

Good luck
Etienne
Hello

Thanks for the reply, i am going to experiment.

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
pmc is offline   Reply With Quote