R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pit lane is different than the pits... If some people can do all that in less than 12 seconds, I don't see the need for the rule. A tool like this would only serve to slow them down. But it's a nitro thing, I could care even less. If you are going to make a rule like this, you might as well outlaw quick change wheels...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Undoubtly this 1 should be the best, a lot of Japan factory drivers choose this 1.
EY7410
where can i buy this driver? ty again
BURATIS-SPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
As I understood the rule, you could not have the power tools in pit lane. This prevented teams from doing 4 tire stops as quickly. I guess it was instituted to prevent factory drivers from "out-tire-ing" privateers in the mains.

BTW, has anyone ever seen Harry from Team Mugen change tires? That man is fast! Standard nut driver and fuel gun, pit stop for fuel and tires - 12 seconds!
I was there... in pit lane for the Xray drivers... changing tires on Mr. TQ.... No power tools in the pit lane... Funny thing is Scotty K. did no tire change, and missed it by 5 mins... Pauly need one tire, we did used two wrenchs one to take off the nut, one with a little Sho Goo nut in place... But ready for a 4 tire change... You do not need a power tool, just need the driver to rapp the power a the right time... Barry did a full tire change....

Look I see it either way, with or with out power tools, it is the same time to make the changes, just your approch is different....

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #19
Tech Elite

The other rule, was NO, second car in pit lane... Yes, it was brought up...

Think of it, two cars so no tire change, just a change in cars.... Any yes, transponders where the same number....

Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
Yea.. but I can't find it in the rule book... and I'm trying to so we can make sure we are consistent in our rulings in 2008.

OR.. was this an on the spot rule addition that was made by the officiating crew?
On the spot... and did not seem to be a problem with the racers...

Old 06-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP View Post
hi guys,

I just want to know what is a good cordless hand driver power tool to use? I noticed some of the factory drivers are using a power tool, this is good to prevent carapal tunnel synd. and makes life easier when your fixing your car between heats. I saw them using this long elongated(8-10inches) battery operated red tool, just dont know the brand and where to buy it, hope you guys have an idea where can i get it. ty in advance

I think you may be talking about one of these tools. http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/cordless..._screwdrivers/

I have one and love it.....I am thinking about buying the panasonic that mac853 posted. Here is a pic of the one I think you may be talking about....

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
cordless hand driver tool?-milwaukee.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP View Post
where can i buy this driver? ty again

Home Depot carries that model, however there is no clutch on the Makita. I've looked at Menards, Lowes and Home Depot and Home Depot locally has the best selection. It seems all of the nice ones are liion and come with 2 batts.

Ridgid makes a nice one but no speed chuck you'd need to purchase one to use with this tool. You'd then be able to use it for numerous tasks. Ridgid also has a lifetime warranty on their equipment if registered including batteries. Pricey but it's nice, buy it once. I don't have any affiliation with Ridgid I just love their power tools.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R82007-L...l/EN/index.htm

Also Milwaukee and Bosch have comparables with the speed chuck, but no lifetime warranty.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by picco007 View Post
I think you may be talking about one of these tools. http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/cordless..._screwdrivers/

I have one and love it.....I am thinking about buying the panasonic that mac853 posted. Here is a pic of the one I think you may be talking about....

Hope this helps.
thats right!!! thats one team kyosho was using, ty, ty, oh i just checked online and home depot has a newer version 4 volts li-ion, ty again
BURATIS-SPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

This is THE BEST

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...spx?pid=PS20-2
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have the Skil that was posted earlier, and its okay for removing screws a little faster but the rpm's are very slow. Which I think may be better for what were doing? You need to keep in mind you're screwing in to plastic. Some of these guys have posted are way too powerful for working on a r/c car. That little Bosch might be the best micro driver, it will drive something like a 100 screws in to a wood deck before a recharge but something with that kind of torque will shred right through your car.
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:25 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

i've been thinking about picking a cordless driver up myself...

the skil driver also is sold as black and decker at home depot.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...000&lpage=none

same driver - just 'rebadged'
Losi 8T
Kyosho RB5
http://www.kolorsbykropy.net
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
I have the Skil that was posted earlier, and its okay for removing screws a little faster but the rpm's are very slow. Which I think may be better for what were doing? You need to keep in mind you're screwing in to plastic. Some of these guys have posted are way too powerful for working on a r/c car. That little Bosch might be the best micro driver, it will drive something like a 100 screws in to a wood deck before a recharge but something with that kind of torque will shred right through your car.
Yes the Bosch, Milwaukee and Ridgid liions are 10-12 volts. Yes we are screwing into plastics. Yes you have to have a feel for what you are screwing into. You don't go driving your car around the track full throttle do you????? Lets hope not, if you have just a LITTLE BIT of throttle control you'll be ok I promise.......
Old 06-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #28
Tech Elite

the air compressor can do more than blowing off your car. break out the impact gun!

hopefully the larger pit crew don't try to jump over the wall into pit lane.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Mine is from Sears. I believe it's 4.5v volts with a 2 speed trigger and works fine. Clutch control from 0-20 and around $23 after taxes. Doesn't fold into 90 degree gun though (don't feel I need that anyway). Sometimes I also see some at big lots for $10-$20.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #30
Tech Adept

this is the tool I would use, but I would never use the power driven one for my rc's screws. it's the fastest way to screw everything up, lol

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTAY2&P=SM
TA05MS, F201, F103GT, RS4 Mini, TopForce (original), Mini Inferno, **Tamiya BMT 931 K4** "I am a new soul, welcome to the new world, so proud to joint the TEAM MORON. lalalala" We love Onions products, so touching. COL - cry out loud
zenithrr is offline   Reply With Quote