R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2003, 07:31 PM   #31
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:43 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Smartazz07

Why doesnt losi make a nitro xxx-s. thatd be sweet. BUt there are too many technicalities. The clutch bell would have to go into the drive tunnel and then you would have an oil filled drive train(hey that sound interesting). the plastic would melt. metal would be too heavy. the belts would be ripped to shreads.(the blue ones) Ect. ect. ect.
Smartazz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 01:30 AM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
well, forget about tamiya because i have seen so many different kits, but yes you can buy hop-ups for each kit to make it close to the next one,
but with AE, they have the factory team kit, well, the only hop-up you may want for that are the Blue Aluminum Shock Caps , that is it, and there ya go, they have not made TONS of hop-ups, and even if they did, they would all be for only ONE car.
not 8
TA04 and TRF414M cars share almost all the same parts, only the chassis is different. and now TBEvoIII's suspension also use the same stuff...

TRF414M and TA04r are race ready car also. You don't need any hop-ups to make them competitive.

Well, AE did make quite a few changeds over the life time of TC3, it was just never been released as a kit (FTTC3 plus?.. )
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

AE did make alot of running changes...

3 versions of arms
the chassis
diffs
diff ring and pinion gears
and probably other stuff i am forgetting

as far as the losi nitro sedan, WHY!?!?! Almost all losi drivers are also trinity drivers (yes, some are orion/peak drivers, but none of them really are on-road drivers). so there would be a conflict of interest between cars, thats also why losi doesnt make a 12th scale. you dont want to compete with someone you are in business with basically.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:52 PM   #35
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Sorry to tell you....

Losi is testing and developing thier own gas sedan.If it makes it to production is another story. Saw gil losi jr and I think hodapp testing @ revelations a couple of months ago.
So your reasoning that losi drivers are trinity drivers does not fly.By the way,losi drivers in the la area are racing mugens for now.l
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:58 PM   #36
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
AE released tons of hop-ups over the life of TC3. Same as Tamiya, just that Tamiya make it convineant for people who want hop-uped chassis by releasing different hop-uped car of the same chassis, in a way it saves the consumer money on buying hop-ups seperately since all you know the RC industry is making big money on parts and not that much on chassises
TRF-Powered,

I'm not sure how releasing multiple hop-uped chassises saves a consumer money.....I understand that parts make more money than car kit would alone, but if you start out with a solid design from the beginnning, you wouldn't need to release hopups that actually make the car work, as in the case of the TA04. Nor would you have to bring out version 1, then 2, then 3; then something all new! Tamiya feeds off our appetites for hopups, I understand that, but I find it sad that they choose to do so.

MY beef with Tamiya is more from the idea that they can't stick with one design. You get the latest car from them, and BAM, a new version comes out. Now, this doesn't mean that you have to go and buy the new version, but still, if your paying good money for a "TRF" kit, shouldn't you be able to get EVERY hopup that an OEM makes? It just makes more sense to make ONE kit, not 3 or 4 that has ALL the hopups.

I agree with Misfit:

Quote:
well, forget about tamiya because i have seen so many different kits, but yes you can buy hop-ups for each kit to make it close to the next one,
but with AE, they have the factory team kit, well, the only hop-up you may want for that are the Blue Aluminum Shock Caps , that is it, and there ya go, they have not made TONS of hop-ups....
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:13 AM   #37
Tech Elite

shitting on tamiya is not supposed to be topic here...
u must realise the reason they release so many versions is bcos the Japanese people can actually buy them all.
it is really cheap for them,like 1-2 days work at McDonalds(i'm talking about the take home salary).I dont mean others are poor buggers,just saying they are stinking easy rich.
with this insane amount of money driving the market,no wonder the big guns can release more stuff quicker.
Although i drive a FTTC3 myself,and find many advantages it has...
there are plain reasons why the TC3 is so 'successful' so to speak.
The reason is bcos u are talking about US National level races.
Seeing a foreign(japanese or european) car win a race in US might be uncommon,but seeing them do well in Asia(japan especially)is VERY RARE.Even TC3 drivers there are switching to Evo3 and Yokomo SD.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:39 AM   #38
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Thumbs down Yok SD......

=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:58 AM   #39
Tech Master

i agree.the tc3 only does gud at american races but the tamiyas do well at asian races and japanese.
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:31 PM   #40
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Come on guys.

Its all relative.Of course an american car will do well here in the states if thats whats predominately run,same with the Japanese cars. Get a clue.The whole point of the thread was asking if a/e is gonna revise or come out with a new car.You guys debating what car sucks and why is irrelevant.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 05:06 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

I see the TC4 a long way off. They can fix almost everything with just a few hop-ups. I bet when there is a TC4, it will be completely different.

I think it's funny that people quote what car won what race. No car wins a race, the driver does.
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 PM   #42
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

What would be nice for ae to do is beef up the suspension parts to get rid of the "glass jaw" reputation of the tc3. I'm geting tired of glancing the boards and shattering a suspension arm.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:04 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoSkyline17
What would be nice for ae to do is beef up the suspension parts to get rid of the "glass jaw" reputation of the tc3. I'm geting tired of glancing the boards and shattering a suspension arm.

not to mention exorbitant parts prices(compared to some other brands)
if there was a TC3.5...i'd like to see some not so stiff(and brittle) but more ductile parts.
Smoother central drivetrain
and LONGER LASTING CVD's!!!!!
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #44
CGR
Tech Regular

TC4 should be right after the T4FTRTR and GT4, I should have mine next wednesday.
CGR is offline   Reply With Quote