Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm still around, not been on rctech for a while been busy getting the new PTX ready. As mentioned the new PTX has a new slim case and is weighing less so it's now even smaller and lighter.

The new PTX is available to order online, stock levels are keeping up with demand. Currently we have an introductory offer price for all PTX versions, both custom ID's and clones. All the information and details are at www.rclaps.com

We have had a problem come to light with the latest version of Firefox causing an error on the store pages but should have it fixed with a software upgrade later next week. Internet Explorer seems to work ok so it's worth using if possible. Other than server glitches it should be easy to order online, I would recommend checking out the FAQ page if you're not sure what to order.

Hi V12, I can confirm you will get the new one soon, it should be delivered to you next week.

Thanks for the help with answering questions, it's good to know there is help available from other PTX users. As I mentioned already don't forget the FAQ page, or if you're still stuck drop an email in to [email protected]
Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So how much are these in US dollars?

Alex
Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Alex, xe.com is your friend.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

eh I'll spend $20 more and get a real AMB

Alex
Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01

Alex
it's definitely worth the money!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:45 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Alex
Well it may be useful buying one AMB transponder so you have your one and unique ID but after that it makes more sense buying the MRT PTX cloned transponders.
If you have more than one car going with the PTX you will have all the same ID´s on each car what isn´t possible with AMB.
Also the PTX works at much lower (and higher) voltage than the AMB and it´s far smaller.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

so here is my true story why an mrt personal transponder is the way to go.

I sent my amb to get a clone made. the thing was lost in the mail, so I sent another out UPS to Terry. he got that in 2 days. Then my lost transponder shows up the same day as the second one I sent (14 days late). It was repackaged. Terry scanned both numbers and made 4 clones of the first one for me and sent the whole lot back. The whole package hit US shores on Aug 2. It then hit my local mail station Aug 10. where I have a forward from my house address to my Post Office Box at the same station. But the post office sends all forwards back to a regional sort facility. Well As far as I can tell, it is still sitting at the sort facility since Aug 10th with no more updates. I am sure my 2 amb and 4 mrt transponders are lost in the sort facility. But all I had to do was email terry to send me 2 more mrt PT of my original AMB. I am expecting those in the next few days. I would never get that from AMB.

And yeah, It has been a little painful to get these (not MRT's fault at all) but I now have a way to get replacements when ever I need as oppose to get a new AMB everytime I need one at $100 or $110 or $120. they just keep going. everytime the lhs get a new batch the price has gone up $10-$15

I would also like to thank Terry for being so patient with me and the F'ing US Postal Service.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theisgroup
so here is my true story why an mrt personal transponder is the way to go.

I sent my amb to get a clone made. the thing was lost in the mail, so I sent another out UPS to Terry. he got that in 2 days. Then my lost transponder shows up the same day as the second one I sent (14 days late). It was repackaged. Terry scanned both numbers and made 4 clones of the first one for me and sent the whole lot back. The whole package hit US shores on Aug 2. It then hit my local mail station Aug 10. where I have a forward from my house address to my Post Office Box at the same station. But the post office sends all forwards back to a regional sort facility. Well As far as I can tell, it is still sitting at the sort facility since Aug 10th with no more updates. I am sure my 2 amb and 4 mrt transponders are lost in the sort facility. But all I had to do was email terry to send me 2 more mrt PT of my original AMB. I am expecting those in the next few days. I would never get that from AMB.

And yeah, It has been a little painful to get these (not MRT's fault at all) but I now have a way to get replacements when ever I need as oppose to get a new AMB everytime I need one at $100 or $110 or $120. they just keep going. everytime the lhs get a new batch the price has gone up $10-$15

I would also like to thank Terry for being so patient with me and the F'ing US Postal Service.
Tot the postal service in my country was bad!

The MRT PT truly works like a charm and the only setback I have right now is that the currency exchange kinda sucks!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Im from Chile, Southamerica ... and have been using the MRT "custom number" transponder for last 4 month at national level and local events without any kind of problem. Even this little PT's are scanned as better signal than my AMB's by the race control software we use lol !!

Thanks MRT !

cya
Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

are there some pictures showing the new PTX, if possible compared with the older PTX?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 PM
V12
Tech Elite

It´s not out yet but should be available soon.
I think I will get my new PTX in the next 2 weeks and will post pictures then.

As Terry from MRT wrote above the new PTX has a new slim case and is weighing less so it's smaller and lighter than the old PTX.
But the old PTX was much smaller than the AMB already.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So how much are these in US dollars?

Alex
Hi Alex, I'm Terry from MRT. The exchange rate (GB£/US$) does mean the price can change. The last month it's been going the right way to make the US$ price lower, it's currently around $60 for a standard PTX (blue LED, 190mm lead).

Don't forget when checking the price at xe.com that the price online has UK VAT (sales tax) included, you need to display the price in US$ (select on the checkout page) otherwise it will convert to a higher US Dollar price, non-UK/Eurozone customers don't get charged VAT!

Just a reminder..

The PTX is available cloned if you have a PT and send it to us.

The PTX is available with a custom ID if you don't have a PT.

The new slim case 'NP' PTX is available. Order online at www.rclaps.com

The new case is around 2mm lower, the footprint is about half of a PT.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Terry_S

The new case is around 2mm lower, the footprint is about half of a PT.

wow, that's significant smaller!!

I'd like to see some pics
Old 08-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Alex, I'm Terry from MRT. The exchange rate (GB£/US$) does mean the price can change. The last month it's been going the right way to make the US$ price lower, it's currently around $60 for a standard PTX (blue LED, 190mm lead).
If you guys use the united kingdom pounds which I think is what you do. For an american to buy a cloned one as of right now it is 80.00 with shipping. For an amb transponder it is 109.00 us dollars plus shipping. Honestly for my money I would buy one from MRT. Get my amb personal cloned and never have to worry about adding a new number again. I only wish I had the money right now to get mine cloned.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Terry, i just placed an order for 2 transponders. I need them to have different id numbers because my son and i race in the same class. call or e-mail me if you have any questions. Thanks, Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.