AMB Transponder Cloning >

AMB Transponder Cloning

AMB Transponder Cloning

Old 08-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonest
How about hand out transponders?

Our club is very small and we're using AMB20.... there's a chance that we might be able to get an AMBrc decoder (w/o transponders).

So why not come out with a Rechargeable Transponders?

I'm sure that there are many clubs around who would like some replacements.

Just an opinion.
I think you just hit on the problem for the small clubs an expensive system is beyond what is easily affordable, a low cost system would most likely be welcomed. If it means even the smallest clubs could have autocount systems then that has to be good.
As already stated it's something that given a large enough market could be viable, it is a possibility. Older AMB20 systems need replacement rechargeable transponders as do AMBrc systems, so they too could be a possibility. Finding rechargeable transponders does seem to be a problem at times not only for the older systems. It would appear to be another thing that clubs would welcome.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

I'm quite happy in general using personal transponders as club transponders but rechargeables would solve a couple issues that the PTX partly solves...the first being the wire harnesses are always getting damaged and it is a pain to repair these on the AMBs. On the PTX it's much better. The other is a lot of newer drivers don't have a free slot open on their recievers to plug in a transponder. Sometimes we can get around that by using a Y harness but sometimes even that just doesn't want to work. Maybe just a little bolt on rechargeable battery, small enough to match the profile of the PTX would be a good solution. That way it could be used with both AMB and MRT systems. Maybe something watch battery sized that can bolt to the PTX or AMB PT through the stock bolt holes, then just plug the harness into that.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

So for the american customers wondering about shipping time...I put my order in on the 15th of this month and just got confirmation my ptx will be here in 5-10days...so a two week turn around time for a custom built ptx really isn't a bad deal
Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Can a non functional PT be cloned?
Old 08-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I'm quite happy in general using personal transponders as club transponders but rechargeables would solve a couple issues that the PTX partly solves...the first being the wire harnesses are always getting damaged and it is a pain to repair these on the AMBs. On the PTX it's much better. The other is a lot of newer drivers don't have a free slot open on their recievers to plug in a transponder. Sometimes we can get around that by using a Y harness but sometimes even that just doesn't want to work. Maybe just a little bolt on rechargeable battery, small enough to match the profile of the PTX would be a good solution. That way it could be used with both AMB and MRT systems. Maybe something watch battery sized that can bolt to the PTX or AMB PT through the stock bolt holes, then just plug the harness into that.
Certain limitations with a rechargeable transponder design mean it wouldn't be simple to have a bolt on battery but the idea is good. Clubs have the PTX as club transponders, the problem of broken leads with AMBs makes it difficult, once they break they can't easily be repaired as you know. Club transponders end up getting some rough treatment and wires break.

Hi shadow102 yes it's on its way to you right now. The postal service is usually ok it's the customs checks that sometimes slows things down, there's normally no problems or delays. We try to get custom built transponders sent out as soon as possible to help speed things up. Being made to order means we don't hold stock, the basic blue LED versions (R9980, R9981 and R9984) are stock items so go out quicker.

Hi padailey, a non functional PT can be cloned provided we can get it to come back to life. There's not many that can't be fixed up in some way, if you send it we'll clone it.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

If szakcajaru is around I tried to reply to your PM but it won't go through. My reply is here:

Hi again RPE,

If you need a links to the basic PTX transponders they are:
http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/x16174.htm
http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/x16183.htm

The price shows in UK GBP (not US$). If you click on 'Buy' you will go to our online store checkout page, you need to select the country for delivery as USA (using the dropdown selector) the prices will then be shown correct without UK VAT (tax). The price for 1 transponder will not show any shipping charge, it's free shipping. Shipping is charged for 2 or more.

Hopefully you should have the information you need.

Regards,
Terry S
Old 08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
We would more then happy to support any type of lap-counting system in our software!
Bob, who is "we"? I checked your profile and didn't see any corporate or companies connected to your name.

Just wondering....
Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Certain limitations with a rechargeable transponder design mean it wouldn't be simple to have a bolt on battery but the idea is good.
We have the iLapRC system at our tracks and we use 1/3 AAA 150P battery packs when a vehicle doesn't have a port open for a y-cable. We just use the battery wrapped in velcro and stick the transponder to it and the whole kit and kaboodle get's stuck to the chassis. Works flawlessly.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Terry yhPM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Got my custom ptx yesterday...that makes 10days from my order until it reached my hands and that included two weekends definatly some quick work.

This thing is incredibly small and lightweight can't wait to test it this weekend
Old 09-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi shadow102, that's great you got it ok and delivery was ok too. We try to get all the orders processed and shipped out as soon as possible. Hope it's all going well and you've tried it out.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
We have the iLapRC system at our tracks and we use 1/3 AAA 150P battery packs when a vehicle doesn't have a port open for a y-cable. We just use the battery wrapped in velcro and stick the transponder to it and the whole kit and kaboodle get's stuck to the chassis. Works flawlessly.
A rechargeable transponder design has the battery inside the case, it needs to be a small size and also allow for recharging etc.

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Bob, who is "we"? I checked your profile and didn't see any corporate or companies connected to your name.

Just wondering....
The mystery unknown race control software company

... know of a few companies around the world, mostly in the US, UK, Europe and Australia.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Terry, finally a few weeks without big races so I sent you my PT yesterday to get cloned
Old 10-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok thanks Greg, we'll look out for it and reply by email when it's ready.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

can i just order a transponder from you? i was not sure if it required one to et one.. thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.